More adventurous post workout meals

unsungwyn

I am on day 10 and am after some more 'creative' ideas for a post workout meal, as I've stuck to my 'safe' meal, which is sweet potato and chicken with different selection of veg and greens.

Can anybody recommend alternatives please?

I eat eggs as a preworkout too, so any alternatives to this would be helpful too.

Thanks in advance.

leftovers are your best friend! Leftover chilis, stews etc are great and can be different every time. Sub sweet potatoes for squashes (there are lots of varieties) and you have a lot to pick and choose from! Also fish and seafood, I usually chuck a tin of tuna and leftover roasted squash or sweet potato and chow down once i'm done at the gym :) 

I am on day 10 and am after some more 'creative' ideas for a post workout meal, as I've stuck to my 'safe' meal, which is sweet potato and chicken with different selection of veg and greens.

Can anybody recommend alternatives please?

I eat eggs as a preworkout too, so any alternatives to this would be helpful too.

Thanks in advance.

Pre wo you could try some chicken & olives/guac/mayo. Lots of people use nuts - personally I find them hard to digest but I have used nut butter on occasion.

As loobylifts says tinned tuna is a good portable option (opt for spring water rather than oil to avoid the fat), or you could use left over patties and any kind of starchy veg - tuna & beets, ground turkey patty & roasted parsnip, pork & mixed turnip/carrot...

• Moderators

Okay great thanks.. Should I be avoiding carbs altogether before WO? I struggle to put on weight and used to rely on dairy and bread to bulk up..should I be eating more carbs to pack on the pounds?

Rather than having your carbs pre-WO, have them post-WO and at meals. You might find the suggestions in this article on keeping weight on during a Whole30 helpful as well.

Archived