Littleg's post nano log

littleg

Ha, I know! Brewer is super helpful with these kinds of issues!

I think a moment of inspiration is needed right now...

I know we all have our issues but at the end of the day I try to focus on basics. I ask myself, no matter whether I have done a 'perfect' Whole 30 day by the books or not, did I eat real, whole food? If the answer is yes, then it has been a successful Whole 30 day. Sure, there may be improvements to be made (with me and my nuts, and you and your apples), but really, think of all of the progress we have made during this Whole 30! Think of all of the bad non-foods that we are NOT eating. Think of your co-workers grabbing a slice of cake or a treat from the break room because they just can't help themselves, and how free you are from that. Yes, we can improve and yes we are driving Brewer crazy ;) but the progress we have already made, and are continuing to make, is really an impressive accomplishment and something be proud of!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You and Brewer just do all of the research on keto for me, okay?  I think on the days I don't work out, I'm close, but workout days I have my starchy carb PWO.  Fruit intake continues to be quite reasonable and I'm even better with the nuts these days (touch wood). But no, I never want to weigh and measure food again.  At least not for a long, long while.

I think you did darn great for a "bad" day.  Meanwhile it's 10:45am and I am STARVING (had breakfast at 7ish).

We all rock.  Let's not forget this!

Hang in there, littleg!

Some of the other Jimmy Moore podcasts are a ton more encouraging than the one you listened to. Sorry you got one that was a bummer. Keto may not be the best way of eating for every single person on the planet, but what I do think is amazing about it is that my cravings and "emotional eating" (when I eat to numb my feelings) seemed to just drop away when I was eating to achieve ketosis. So that is something to consider for those of us who have our "issues" in that arena. 

For the record, no one is driving Brewer bonkers.   :)

No Man's Land -- in my mind -- is when people sort of get stuck in perpetual carb flu.  They start to feel like crap, so they up the carbs, and they start to feel like a different sort of crap, so they reduce them again.  Over and over.

At some point, you have to decide just to truly go through what may be weeks of keto adaptation.  This does not just mean low-carb, this also means high-fat.  

OR you decide to stop messing around with low-carb at all, and provide your body with enough glucose to have a steady supply all the time.  This may mean starchy carbs at every meal for some people.  This method is not one I can live with.

My experiences have led me to keto.  It's not a fad, and it's not something I am just "trying out" anymore.  It's not a 30-day plan.  It is how I feel my best -- physically, mentally, emotionally.  I've tried many different things, I've been around and around and around, and this is where I've settled.

That doesn't mean it is the right path for everyone.  We all have different goals and we are at different places in our lives.  

Three years ago, when I was having my nut binges -- if someone had told me to stop working out 6-7 days per week and eat a diet that was primarily fat, I would not have listened to them.

My priorities are different now than they were then.

For the record, no one is driving Brewer bonkers.   :)

No Man's Land -- in my mind -- is when people sort of get stuck in perpetual carb flu.  They start to feel like crap, so they up the carbs, and they start to feel like a different sort of crap, so they reduce them again.  Over and over.

At some point, you have to decide just to truly go through what may be weeks of keto adaptation.  This does not just mean low-carb, this also means high-fat.  

OR you decide to stop messing around with low-carb at all, and provide your body with enough glucose to have a steady supply all the time.  This may mean starchy carbs at every meal for some people.  This method is not one I can live with.

My experiences have led me to keto.  It's not a fad, and it's not something I am just "trying out" anymore.  It's not a 30-day plan.  It is how I feel my best -- physically, mentally, emotionally.  I've tried many different things, I've been around and around and around, and this is where I've settled.

That doesn't mean it is the right path for everyone.  We all have different goals and we are at different places in our lives.  

Three years ago, when I was having my nut binges -- if someone had told me to stop working out 6-7 days per week and eat a diet that was primarily fat, I would not have listened to them.

My priorities are different now than they were then.

I'm only just getting ready to hear this.  Sounds CRAZY town.  But like I shared in my NSVs, I've come close to maintaining my physique with a dramatically higher fat intake and way fewer workouts during this Whole30 than in the period leading up to it.

I was hemming and hawing between a Larabar or a packet of coconut butter this morning.  I went for the coconut butter (calorie count is nearly identical but one is double the fat of the other).  This is HUGE for me to be able to pick something with 20g of fat vs. 10g of fat.  But I knew the Larabar with its sweet dates would likely lead to me eating MORE later in the day.  Ding ding!

Back when I'm in North America, I might look at some ketosis monitoring stuff.

GGG: We got a puppy November 1 and all of a sudden my rock-solid sleep was a mess. I decided not to lift until I got that sorted out. I know my body too well. I will not insult it by asking it to lift enormous amounts of weight while not allowing for proper rest and recovery.

Now my sleep is ~better~ (although NOT back to where it was). My puppy is sleeping through the night. But I feel so good now... my brain fog has lifted so much... I am using this time to focus on getting a lot of things in order at home.

It is hard for me to admit, but I DID let my passion for working out sort of dominate my time these past few years. It most certainly can be an addiction -- you think you have to keep going, keep hitting new goals, new PRs, gotta build more muscle, etc...

Well. Where I am going with this is that I have not lifted (and I don't do cardio) -- since sometime in October -- and I can't believe how well I have been able to preserve muscle. I do feel a certain loss of strength -- which I know I will regain quickly -- but to look at me in the mirror? I look like I've been lifting all this time.

So I am just encouraging you that sometimes less really IS more.

And a big congrats on turning down the Larabar. Your realization that it would just make you eat MORE later is huge. Well done. :)

• Whole30 Certified Coach

Thanks for all the support gang!  

Ali - you are right - sometimes a little perspective about how we are doing better than we were, even if we aren't perfect is what we need :)

Sara - thanks for popping in!  Maybe I'll start bugging you about keto soon to give Brewer a break :)

Lauren - I have Keto Clarity on hold at the library - I'll send you my Clif Notes :)  But knowing you I'm sure you will want to read it on your own if you ever decide that is a path you want to try.

Today is day 30!  Though I am a little sad to say that even though I'm a self proclaimed label-reading-expert... I totally dropped the ball on the Dijon mustard.  Not only did that make an appearance in the dressing I've been guzzling the last few days - but it has been in my mayo the whole time (you know, all 1 tbsp of mustard for 1 cup of oil)... so I guess this has not been a strict W30.  But, on the other hand this has been a nut-free, dried fruit free W30.  I still have to make it through today - and to be honest I really think I'm going to do another 60 days.  I'm not missing anything - and I realize that the only reason I'd not eat W30 food would be to binge, so this gives me a good excuse not to!  We have a coupon for a really good seafood place where they have a delicious seafood cobb salad - I will probably relax my W30 limits for some bacon cured with sugar but I think I'll ask for them to give me twice the avocado and hold the blue cheese.  I'll totally bring some of that new dressing with me to put on it :)  

Ok, off to drink some coconut milk coffee and then go lift - deads and press today.

Thanks for all the support gang!  

Ali - you are right - sometimes a little perspective about how we are doing better than we were, even if we aren't perfect is what we need :)

Sara - thanks for popping in!  Maybe I'll start bugging you about keto soon to give Brewer a break :)

Lauren - I have Keto Clarity on hold at the library - I'll send you my Clif Notes :)  But knowing you I'm sure you will want to read it on your own if you ever decide that is a path you want to try.

Today is day 30!  Though I am a little sad to say that even though I'm a self proclaimed label-reading-expert... I totally dropped the ball on the Dijon mustard.  Not only did that make an appearance in the dressing I've been guzzling the last few days - but it has been in my mayo the whole time (you know, all 1 tbsp of mustard for 1 cup of oil)... so I guess this has not been a strict W30.  But, on the other hand this has been a nut-free, dried fruit free W30.  I still have to make it through today - and to be honest I really think I'm going to do another 60 days.  I'm not missing anything - and I realize that the only reason I'd not eat W30 food would be to binge, so this gives me a good excuse not to!  We have a coupon for a really good seafood place where they have a delicious seafood cobb salad - I will probably relax my W30 limits for some bacon cured with sugar but I think I'll ask for them to give me twice the avocado and hold the blue cheese.  I'll totally bring some of that new dressing with me to put on it :)

Ok, off to drink some coconut milk coffee and then go lift - deads and press today.

Congrats on your day 30 littleg! Well done! Onward! (I miss my iPhone emojis. tee hee)

Just fyi if you want to get rid of the Dijon for a season, you can buy dry mustard (in powdered spice form from the spice section of the grocery store) to use when you make your mayo.

Yay, littleg! Congrats on DAY 30! Even with your restart, did it seem to fly by? Sure seemed to (mind you, the older I get, the faster time seems to go in general. But I digress)...

Speaking of books, I think you all need to read An Eater's Manifesto by Michael Pollan.

I'm realizing it's going to take MONTHS to finish the four boxes of Larabars I bought. I got all gung-ho and ordered several at the beginning since I have to get them online!

Lauren - did you do pre/post pictures or measurements?  You don't have a scale so I guess I know the answer to that question :)  Just wondering what, if anything, changed over your 45 days.  They did go super quick.  Weird, in the beginning it seems like 30 days is soooooooo long, but between the two of us we did 45 and it went fast!

I'm not sure if I read that Pollan book - I read the one where the summary was "eat real food, mostly plants" - same book? - the one I read was his first one.  Gotta run so no time to google it now :)

Sara - I'm good with my Dijon.  I guess I can switch to a "post W30" log after this... you know, respect the rules and all - but I'm keeping my mustard!

Ali - no formal reintros right now.  I'm going to track food for a little while (I know, I know... but I need to just see what 100ish grams of carbs, a little less protein and still a good amount of fat looks like... once I get an idea I'll stop - I promise :) ) I'm mostly doing it to keep an eye on my protein - between tracking yesterday and today I'm now thinking I was eating a 50% protein diet!  Cronometer has a "paleo" macros template - 15% protein, 20% carbs, 65% fat - I'm going to try to stick to that - I've only eaten 1 "real" meal today and I'm already over on my protein!   My overall plan is to drop the protein a little, increase the fat and carbs (and by increase carbs I mean have potatoes - no thrill there for me so I think its safer than fruit).  I just ate a small sweet potato with TWO tablespoons of ghee - it literally was a puddle on my little plate :) - so I don't think this should be a hardship :)  Mostly I'll need to drop the protein and have more fat with my veggies at each meal and put in a few servings of potato.  

Day 30 so far...

OOB at 6 AM - crappiest sleep in awhile per Misfit - I'm not sure there is a correlation here but when I started getting lower and lower carb my vastly improved sleep (per Misfit, I personally can't really tell) went buh-bye.  

7 AM - coconut coffee (2 tbsp milk)

Gym - deads, got up to 180x8, then 5 sets of 100x10.  Press, got up to 70 x 3, then 40x10 for 5 sets.  Barely finished that last set of presses.  My arms were shot.

9:26 <-- my watch is in the picture :) Post - can of tuna, small blue potato

23283113673_174c0b3011_n.jpg

10:30 - another coconut milk coffee at the good coffee place near the fertility clinic.  Bad news at the fertility clinic - I'm on day 11 of my period (just won't stop...) and I suspected things were wonky in there.  I didn't respond to the follicle stimulating meds.  Probably no-go this cycle.  Sad face.

11 AM - M1 - sauteed broccoli, last of the taco beef, last of the spinach/onions/pepper mix, 1.5 tbsp mayo... checked cronometer - not even halfway to my fat for the day, already over on protein, about 30% of my carbs... so I ate a small sweet potato and 2 tbsp ghee

23283108813_184fc8f312_n.jpg  23910162315_f69732d6f7_n.jpg

Re photos & measurements - no (Ali asked the same thing), and I went into the why/why not in the last post in my Timeline thread. :-)  If you read it, you can tell me if I'm just being neurotic.

Yes, sounds like you read the Pollan book already (Eat real food.  Not too much.  Mostly plants.)

P.S. - Sorry about the wonky cycle, maybe just as well in the middle of the craziness of the season.  Remember, it's one day closer to the "appointed" time, not one day further!

P.P.S. - I think I could totally do a diet that has even MORE fat.  Except I keep picturing myself as the people in Wall-E, or whatever that animated movie was with fat people zooming around on hover-chairs.

P.P.S. - I think I could totally do a diet that has even MORE fat.  Except I keep picturing myself as the people in Wall-E, or whatever that animated movie was with fat people zooming around on hover-chairs.

...Except fat doesn't magically make you fat...  ;)

There are SO many books out there about this now.  I know it is a total change in thinking, but what everyone has been told is just wrong.

...Except fat doesn't magically make you fat...   ;)

There are SO many books out there about this now.  I know it is a total change in thinking, but what everyone has been told is just wrong.

Yes, I *know* this in my head now.  I'm pretty impressed it only took 30 days to undo DECADES of brainwashing - but obviously some of the thinking is still there.  I grew up in the heyday of the low-fat/non-fat movement, and lived with a mom who was pretty into it, too.

I'm pretty pissed about it now.  No other dietary reform has likely caused so many health problems as encouraging people to eat carbohydrates (mostly in the form of refined grains) vs. fat, and prizing seed & vegetable oils over animal fats.

Sigh.

Lauren - thanks for the reminder about the one day closer.  I had totally forgotten about that!  I literally felt better as soon as I started thinking that way about it.  One day closer :)

ArtFossil - I have the TJ's dijon... its got white wine in it.  Their spicy yellow mustard is compliant though :)

Wrap up for day 30:

I was hungry ALL DAY LONG.  I must.must.must.must. eat M1.  With fat.  Went to my in laws to let the dogs run and sat inside and drank tea and caught up with MIL for a few hours.  Ended up eating an apple - gave quite a bit of it to the dog.  She was making such a mess drooling while staring longingly at it that it only seemed fair.  

6 PM - M2 - ~half bag of carrots while cooking, roasted eggplant, 3 big bowls of salad with my lovely dressing, small sausage patty.  I think that was it...?  

Felt the worst I've felt in a while after eating last night - looked 7 months pregnant... GI system was not happy.  Hubs and I went for a 1 mile walk after dinner.  Had my magnesium and went to bed at 8.  On the topic of how early I go to bed... I got a text from a friend the other night at 7:45 PM - asking if I was still awake :)

So, 30 days done.  Besides from the wine in my mustard I think there were no verboten foods.  A few too many apple dinners but still quite successful I think.

Official Day 31 post.

Successes: no coconut milk, raisin, mango "its part of my meal, really" desserts.  Ate M1 before work each and every day that I worked.  Ate way more fat than I ever have (even on W30) and think I may have slimmed down, just a little bit.  30 days without a "real" binge.  Binge urges are decreased.  

Things I have realized:

• A W30 is way more fun when you have some friends rooting you on on this forum :)  
  • I MUST eat M1.  I have found no variable that correlates better to evening munchies than lack of M1.  I can still get munchy and hungry if I eat M1, but it is guaranteed if I don't.  
  • I LOVE HOMEMADE MAYO!
  • Coconut milk coffee is really good.  
  • Waking up each day feeling good because I'm happy with the choices I made the day before feels really good.  
  • I'm not just a bad moderator, I am an abstainer.  Sara's post about moderator/abstainer was really good for me to read.  I always thought I was just a bad moderator (as in that was the only way to be, the "right" way to be) but it turns out it isn't true - moderators and really bad abstainers :)  
  • The effort to cook for a W30 gets easier.  I still cook a lot but its doable (granted I only work 3 days a week... this might be why - I did this in nursing school last time!)

So, where to now... I'm going to stick to a W30 for another 30 days I think.  I will not get rid of my mustard though :)  So, maybe I better put this journal somewhere else... I'm logging food for a few days to try to learn more about what a lower protein, higher fat/carb template looks like.  I'm trying to march myself out of no-man's land on the carbs.  <20 or >100 is where I think one needs to be.  Since potatoes are a total non-thrill food for me (unlike fruit) I'm going to increase my carbs, decrease my protein and up the fat a bit.  I'm shooting for 20/20/60 or so.  I'll track food for a few more days and then hopefully I'll have a better idea of how to go forward.  And then I will stop logging because I do not want to fall back into that habit.  Today and tomorrow, 1 day at home 1 day at work and then cronometer is done.  Actually, the more I think about it the more I think I don't need to do that.  Just less protein and add some potatoes, keep up with the fat... ok, littleg - cronometer is done NOW.  <-- internal conversation got typed out :)  

Measurable Results:

• -1 inch from waist, belly button and "pooch".  Chest, arms, thighs nothing changed.  I did take before and after pics and can see a slight decrease in the middle.  My "skinny" jeans tell the same story - they are just as tight on my thighs, looser around the waist.  I did deadlifts yesterday though so maybe I'm just all swole this morning :)
  • I was able to accomplish those results by quitting crossfit and lifting only 4x per week (squats, deads, strict press and bench press 1x per week each) and walking.  My strength is increasing but my strength had decreased ~25% before this W30 so I'm just getting back to my strongest - I'm curious to see if this program can actually get me beyond where I've been before.  

Yes, I *know* this in my head now.  I'm pretty impressed it only took 30 days to undo DECADES of brainwashing - but obviously some of the thinking is still there.  I grew up in the heyday of the low-fat/non-fat movement, and lived with a mom who was pretty into it, too.

I'm pretty pissed about it now.  No other dietary reform has likely caused so many health problems as encouraging people to eat carbohydrates (mostly in the form of refined grains) vs. fat, and prizing seed & vegetable oils over animal fats.

Sigh.

Yes! My dad was diagnosed with heart disease at a young age and we followed the low-fat, cook with vegetable oil way of eating full-on. He chose to modify diet rather than having bypass surgery in his 40's (he's a doc and he knew he would have to have another bypass 20 years later). It seems to have worked for controlling his heart disease (he's 83 now) but I wonder whether it was simply genetics which caused the heart disease in the first place (his dad and brother both died from it at around age 60) and he would've been fine anyway. I do know that he stopped eating low-fat about 20 years ago.

Lauren - I must have missed that, I remember the no-scale part :)

The "nutrition" movement over the last 30 years has been quite an "oopsy"...

No doubt - when you look at the stats about obesity and diabetes and the EXPLOSION of those in the US over the past 40 years, it is astounding. Awful, really.

Lauren - thanks for the reminder about the one day closer.  I had totally forgotten about that!  I literally felt better as soon as I started thinking that way about it.  One day closer :)

ArtFossil - I have the TJ's dijon... its got white wine in it.  Their spicy yellow mustard is compliant though :)

Wrap up for day 30:

I was hungry ALL DAY LONG.  I must.must.must.must. eat M1.  With fat.  Went to my in laws to let the dogs run and sat inside and drank tea and caught up with MIL for a few hours.  Ended up eating an apple - gave quite a bit of it to the dog.  She was making such a mess drooling while staring longingly at it that it only seemed fair.  

6 PM - M2 - ~half bag of carrots while cooking, roasted eggplant, 3 big bowls of salad with my lovely dressing, small sausage patty.  I think that was it...?  

Felt the worst I've felt in a while after eating last night - looked 7 months pregnant... GI system was not happy.  Hubs and I went for a 1 mile walk after dinner.  Had my magnesium and went to bed at 8.  On the topic of how early I go to bed... I got a text from a friend the other night at 7:45 PM - asking if I was still awake :)

So, 30 days done.  Besides from the wine in my mustard I think there were no verboten foods.  A few too many apple dinners but still quite successful I think.

Yay for your 30 days! Good realization that you need M1 with fat. I notice that when I include fruit in M1, even when I eat fat as well, it sets me up to have hunger and sweet cravings all day long.

When I was 12 my cholesterol was 250 or so (in the late 80s).  My mom became the cholesterol police.  Chicken breasts, no added fat, low fat cookies, fat free this and that.  At that time I don't think they did HDL/LDL or if they did they didn't know the meaning of the different types.  So, fast forward 15 years or so and it turns out that my HDL is close to 100 (off the charts high), my LDL is 120-150 or so (so high, but not too high and maybe even mostly the good LDL - I've never had it checked) and my TGs are 50.  So all those years of low fat eating were for nothing - they just didn't know it yet... I have an almost perfect lipid panel but because of the anti-fat movement I was subjected to steamed chicken and fish for my whole adolescence.  

Official Day 31 post.

Successes: no coconut milk, raisin, mango "its part of my meal, really" desserts.  Ate M1 before work each and every day that I worked.  Ate way more fat than I ever have (even on W30) and think I may have slimmed down, just a little bit.  30 days without a "real" binge.  Binge urges are decreased.  

Things I have realized:

• A W30 is way more fun when you have some friends rooting you on on this forum :)
  • I MUST eat M1.  I have found no variable that correlates better to evening munchies than lack of M1.  I can still get munchy and hungry if I eat M1, but it is guaranteed if I don't.  
  • I LOVE HOMEMADE MAYO!
  • Coconut milk coffee is really good.  
  • Waking up each day feeling good because I'm happy with the choices I made the day before feels really good.  
  • I'm not just a bad moderator, I am an abstainer.  Sara's post about moderator/abstainer was really good for me to read.  I always thought I was just a bad moderator (as in that was the only way to be, the "right" way to be) but it turns out it isn't true - moderators and really bad abstainers :)
  • The effort to cook for a W30 gets easier.  I still cook a lot but its doable (granted I only work 3 days a week... this might be why - I did this in nursing school last time!)

So, where to now... I'm going to stick to a W30 for another 30 days I think.  I will not get rid of my mustard though :)  So, maybe I better put this journal somewhere else... I'm logging food for a few days to try to learn more about what a lower protein, higher fat/carb template looks like.  I'm trying to march myself out of no-man's land on the carbs.  <20 or >100 is where I think one needs to be.  Since potatoes are a total non-thrill food for me (unlike fruit) I'm going to increase my carbs, decrease my protein and up the fat a bit.  I'm shooting for 20/20/60 or so.  I'll track food for a few more days and then hopefully I'll have a better idea of how to go forward.  And then I will stop logging because I do not want to fall back into that habit.  Today and tomorrow, 1 day at home 1 day at work and then cronometer is done.  Actually, the more I think about it the more I think I don't need to do that.  Just less protein and add some potatoes, keep up with the fat... ok, littleg - cronometer is done NOW.  <-- internal conversation got typed out :)

Measurable Results:

• -1 inch from waist, belly button and "pooch".  Chest, arms, thighs nothing changed.  I did take before and after pics and can see a slight decrease in the middle.  My "skinny" jeans tell the same story - they are just as tight on my thighs, looser around the waist.  I did deadlifts yesterday though so maybe I'm just all swole this morning :)
  • I was able to accomplish those results by quitting crossfit and lifting only 4x per week (squats, deads, strict press and bench press 1x per week each) and walking.  My strength is increasing but my strength had decreased ~25% before this W30 so I'm just getting back to my strongest - I'm curious to see if this program can actually get me beyond where I've been before.  

Agreed that a Whole 30 is more fun with supportive friends!  :)

Homemade mayo is SO good!  And you can add spices to give it variety, although just plain mayo is ridiculously delicious.  I ocassionally add some garlic powder, chipotle pepper powder, and cayenne to my mayo and use it to top a Paleo taco salad.  So good!

It does feel nice to wake up in the morning with a clean slate, not regreting the previous night or being hungover from poor food choices!  How refreshing and freeing!

I agree that the moderator vs. abstainer discussion was a good one, and very useful.  Right before I started this Whole 30, I had a discussion with my hospital's nutritionist and I asked her whether some people just have to completely refrain from eating certain foods.  I know that it is extreme to just not keep certain trigger foods around, but I wanted to hear it from her that it was OK (and that I'm not doing some sort of self-depriving sedistic thing to torture myself).  She said that some people do have to completely eliminate certain foods.  She said that if someone can have a few bites or handful of a treat and be satisfied, then that's good (even if they are trying to lose weight, or be 'good').  On the other hand, if the person eats one bite of the treat and keeps wanting more and more and just doesn't have control, then it is perfectly fine (and probably better) to completely eliminate it.  I mean, why keep the temptation around constantly just to be taunted and teased by it?  Better to keep it out of the house for me.  My husband does not eat Whole 30, but is very supportive of whatever I do.  He used to tell me that he was thinking of getting some ice cream and then I told him to please not mention that to me, because that puts the thoughts into my head about the treat.  So, he stopped telling me his plans to get treats.  He even sometimes buys treats and then keeps them in his office so that they don't make their way into the pantry where I can see them.  What a sweet guy! 

I also agree that cooking and prepping for a Whole 30 gets easier.  I have my go-to recipes and always keep certain ingredients on hand and available in case I either can't get to the grocery store or don't feel like cooking.  But planning and preparation are definitely needed when doing a Whole 30!

Great job, littleg!  I'm looking forward to reading about your continued progress!

• I always thought I was just a bad moderator (as in that was the only way to be, the "right" way to be) but it turns out it isn't true - moderators and really bad abstainers :)

I like this.  And I think it's a really important shift in your thinking, that will be key to your success.  Congrats!

Yay for your thirty days, littleg!  Seriously, this forum needs the :bananadance: emoji!  And hey, fat around the middle is supposed to be the best fat, hormonally speaking, to lose!

I should do your workouts, except I think I would get bored with little variety in lifts (even though I know those are the BEST lifts).  I just need to start working out regularly again, period.  Just so darn TIRED.  I think the months of punishing workouts and food deprivation while doing IIFYM are catching up to me.  No wonder I need more than 30 days.

I'm still trying to find out if I can be a moderator.  I only had two of the almond butter muffins I baked (I made three dozen!  My husband and son have ploughed through a bunch, and there's another dozen in the freezer).  I still haven't even gotten around to baking my Paleo gingerbread (soon, my precious).

And YES, M1!  Most important meal of the day.  That was one good habit my mother instilled in me.  As well as in interest in cooking and eating "healthy" - it's just too bad that we were misinformed about what "healthy" really meant.  She actually read Wheat Belly a few years ago and has been eating in a more "Paleo" way since then; I'm the slow learner who needed another few years to catch up.

Good vibes to you!  I think you should start a thread in the PostWhole30 section.

Cheers,

-Lauren

P.S. - I'm confused.  Is 20/20/60 protein/carbs/fat or protein/fat/carbs?  I hope it's the former; 20% fat sounds way too low.

Archived