Littleg's post nano log

littleg

• Whole30 Certified Coach

Check out Strong Curves by Bret Contreras.  I did this for a while to help with my posterior chain (I'm super quad dominant) and I liked it.  Its not good for a public gym though... you'll see why if you google it.   More variety in that than 531.  Coming from Crossfit I was looking for less variety though so it is working well for me :)  I benched at home today - done in 20 minutes - that is what I like right now!

The 20/20/60 is pro/carb/fat - 15/20/65 pro/carbs/fat is also tossed around a lot but keeping my protein that low is hard...

What workouts were you doing for IIFYM?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will check it out - I was/am quad dominant, too.  I think many people are.  I'm all about the deadlifts now (conventional, stiff-legged, Romanian, single-legged) and kettle-bell swings.  Go posterior chain!  And I don't work out in a regular public gym.  It's a pretty basic gym in the apartment complex for "foreigners" where I work - no lunk sensors so we can go as heavy as we want!!

I did a lot of lifting with IIFYM, generally upper body/lower body split but also push/pull day splits.  Lots of squats, deadlifts, bench presses, cable crossovers, pull-ups, dips, lateral raises and reverse flies.  If I can figure it out I'll post the PDF of my workouts.  Or I can e-mail it to you if you're interested - just PM me a good e-mail address for you..  Only cardio was burpees and mountain climbers. 

P.S. - Glad to see that the 60 is the fat.  I was doing 35 protein in IIFYM (LOTS of whey powder and chicken and Greek yogurt to get that high).  I think I was around 35/45/20 (p/c/f).  I don't think I could go as low as 15 protein.

Post W30 a few days...  not quite continuing just yet :)

Had some cheese on Christmas Eve - woke up with one nostril stuffed Christmas morning, besides that no other symptoms.

Totally overdid it on fruit the last 2 days.  Fruit for dinner both nights.  BUT I stayed away  from all the baked goods.  That was pretty easy to be honest but I couldn't stay away from the fruit.  The break room was un.believable. yesterday.  Someone did bring in clementines though (though they put lots of Kit Kats in the box of clementines) so I ate some of those.  

This morning I asked hubs to bring out the scale - I had been waiting until after Christmas, not sure if I'd end up binging and so I thought the prospect of a weigh-in might help keep me out of the fudge.  

-5 lbs.  I couldn't believe it.  And this was after a TON of fruit last night (pounds, for real).  I am not sure I really believe it (though my husband points out I *totally* would have believed a 5 lb gain was real...) but the scale is going back into hiding.  

Overall these last few days have been up and down.  On the one hand I really like feeling better on the W30 but I also really don't want to be "on a W30" forever.  The abstainer/moderator thing makes me realize I might need to - or at least some things (candy, baked goods, super concentrated sugar in general) might need to be forever gone.  Which makes me sad.  But I can't do just one.  I realize that there might be times where I could have just one of something but I also know that the enjoyment of that one moment will come with binge urges and anxiety, which sucks.   But whatever, guess that is life.  Going to stick with good fatty breakfasts and lunches and just do my best to not eat fruit for dinner every night :)

Post W30 a few days...  not quite continuing just yet :)

Had some cheese on Christmas Eve - woke up with one nostril stuffed Christmas morning, besides that no other symptoms.

Totally overdid it on fruit the last 2 days.  Fruit for dinner both nights.  BUT I stayed away  from all the baked goods.  That was pretty easy to be honest but I couldn't stay away from the fruit.  The break room was un.believable. yesterday.  Someone did bring in clementines though (though they put lots of Kit Kats in the box of clementines) so I ate some of those.  

This morning I asked hubs to bring out the scale - I had been waiting until after Christmas, not sure if I'd end up binging and so I thought the prospect of a weigh-in might help keep me out of the fudge.  

-5 lbs.  I couldn't believe it.  And this was after a TON of fruit last night (pounds, for real).  I am not sure I really believe it (though my husband points out I *totally* would have believed a 5 lb gain was real...) but the scale is going back into hiding.  

Overall these last few days have been up and down.  On the one hand I really like feeling better on the W30 but I also really don't want to be "on a W30" forever.  The abstainer/moderator thing makes me realize I might need to - or at least some things (candy, baked goods, super concentrated sugar in general) might need to be forever gone.  Which makes me sad.  But I can't do just one.  I realize that there might be times where I could have just one of something but I also know that the enjoyment of that one moment will come with binge urges and anxiety, which sucks.   But whatever, guess that is life.  Going to stick with good fatty breakfasts and lunches and just do my best to not eat fruit for dinner every night :)

First - congrats on your 5 lb loss in addition to all your non-scale victories! Who loses 5 lbs DURING the holidays?! You, that's who! 

Also - so glad we are linking arms to walk the road of door #2 together as we move forward. Recognizing "I can't eat just one"and changing our mindset to everything is permissible, but not all things are beneficial will be key in not getting stuck in the same old patterns as before.

Finally, as Ali asked me recently, do I know your name? Since we are starting a post-whole 30 log together, shouldn't we be on a first name basis? :) You can PM it to me if you want to remain anonymous. 

I never meant to keep in secret :)  It is Laura.  My maiden name started with a G and my nickname had always been little g.  When I met my husband, whose last name also starts with a G (which was great, because my very medical doctor like signature didn't need to change at all when I got married), had the nickname G. So now I'm little g and he is G.  Sorry if you thought maybe I was Gertrude or something!

• 11 months later...

Archived