My WholeHealthyLife :)

jhmomi

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh. I feel like crap this morning. Horrible burning pain in my belly. First noticed it around 2 am. Feels like constant heartburn but a little lower. Not sure if it subsided a bit or if i am getting used to it, but I am not in complete agony at the moment. A friend said she had the same thing a month or two ago and her friend had it a couple weeks ago. Felt so bad I skipped my morning walk (Jonathan out of town so didn't plan to train today). First day since January 1st that I will miss exercising unless I start walking laps around my house this afternoon. It's raining and hubby is out of town. :( I did drink an entire bottle of Kombucha last night, but I don't think that was the issue since I had another bottle last week and suffered no ill effects. Just feels like there is a war going on in my belly. Hope the good guys win.

The dilemma now is that food doesn't sound appealing and I am just not sure what to have and I am not sure I care if I stay compliant today. I had chicken broth earlier, and then some sunflower seeds - I am not sure why I chose that. Strange. But crackers and toast are out if I want to stay compliant. I did put a splash of milk in my coffee though. It just seemed more soothing. I skipped coffee completely this morning and only had a small cup at lunchtime because my husband had brought me some this morning from Dunkin Donuts before he left on his trip. Love their coffee.

Rambling now. But at least sitting here typing distracted me for a few moments. I hardly ever get sick so this is really a PITA to feel bad.

Hope the rest of you have a great day! Good luck to all of you starting an October Whole30 today.

Oh dear, hope you feel better soon.

Thank you to you and Bridget. Still hurting. I am beginning to think the kombucha might have caused it? I had a 16 oz bottle last night. But its a weird burning pain not typical stomach upset??? :(

I did drink an entire bottle of Kombucha last night, but I don't think that was the issue since I had another bottle last week and suffered no ill effects. Just feels like there is a war going on in my belly. Hope the good guys win.

Yesterday was a pretty dismal Monday with the rain. I think it's best when it's rainy on Monday because it doesn't get much of a chance to be good anyway!

I would say it was the kombucha. I drink them pretty regularly (like I mentioned, 1/2 a bottle at a time) and if I go a few days without and then start again it can have some interesting effects. The first time I finished a bottle and drank the muddy parts I had some serious tummy aches. I hope you feel better today, it is supposed to be quite nice out!

How you feeling today?

Not much better. Seems like the kombucha wouldn't still be bothering me on Tuesday when I drank it Sunday. Now I think maybe a virus. Hmmmm.

So much for Whole30 eating. Sticking to chicken soup (homemade and very few noodles in it - had some in the freezer), peppermint tea and crackers today. Even pulled out a heating pad for the first time in many years. Seems to help a little and relax me so I can try to sleep it off. I'm sorry to be whining about it. I am not a good sick person since its so rare for me to feel bad. And hubby out of town. Going to rest until have to get the kids from school. :(

I feel like a hypocrite. I've been living off crackers, chicken noodle soup and dry cereal for two days. Plus some ginger ale. :(

Went to doctor. Had blood work and even CT scan. That's no fun drinking the barium. Yuck. Nothing conclusive yet. Got Rx for Protonix and pain meds. I will take a pain pill later so I can sleep better. This really bites. Have to see gastroenterologist next. Symptoms just don't make sense. Fine on Sunday and then bad Monday. Crazy. Even had to cancel my training today and didn't even care. No way I could have done it.

Oh Susan...don't beat yourself up. Don't label yourself a hypocrite!! You are sick so you need to get better. Be kind to yourself. It's just a couple of days, and you aren't eating these things for "fun". I really hope you get to feeling better soon, I really hate this for you. :(

Took second dose of Protonix this morning. Feel better this afternoon. Hope it lasts. Will be back on track with eating by Monday. Been eating lots of grains. It's just what I wanted for comfort foods. Fortunately I don't have problems consuming them. Best to avoid them for sure but no physical distress when i have them.

Have bone broth in slow cooker now...

I finally feel like myself again today. A little bloated from the grains but otherwise good.

Going to workout with my trainer but I expect some sorry lifting after several days off. Skipping 5K tmo amd will just have to sign up for another one soon.

Going to dinner tonight at Canoe for our 10th anniversary. It's our special date favorite since the Dining Room at the Ritz=Carlton Buckhead closed a few years ago. Love Canoe but still miss the Ritz!

http://www.canoeatl.com/dinner-menu/

I have no plans to be compliant tonight but will eat well the rest of the today and back on track tomorrow. Finally ready to cook again which is good. Yesterday's bone broth turned out well.

P.S. I got my cholesterol checked this week. My numbers look great in spite of my 4 egg a day habit the past two months. :) In February at the start of Whole30 #1 my total cholesterol was 195. And that was after three months of losing weight with Medifast and consuming very little saturated fat or eggs (had more eggbeaters during the diet) and then eating maybe 6 weeks eating 1500 cal a day of lower fat foods and some processed stuff like protein bars as well as no exercise. When I offroaded during Spring and Summer I still stayed clear of many grain products. Two months of Whole30 eating in August and September and today I eat more saturated fat and cholesterol than I ever have (much more beef and eggs) and since February I exercise regularly. My numbers are much better...

February 2012:

Total Cholesterol 195

October 2012:

Total Cholesterol 164

HDL 78

Triglycerides 64

LDL 73

P.S.S. Here is a trick I learned in nursing school to remember which cholesterol is good and which is bad - H is for Healthy, and L is for Lethal. :)

Hi Susan,

Just getting caught up after some time off.

First off I am so happy you are feeling better. That was a rough week.

Secondly, you rocked your runs. Which run tracker are you using? I use Nike+ GPS and love it. You are going to ace your next race!

Good work on the cholesterol.

I hope you are living the dream today and super sore from your workout :) I mean that in the nicest loving way. I did German Volume Training today for back squats (10 sets of 10 reps). Oy it will hurt tomorrow.

Keep up the great work

Hi Susan,

Just getting caught up after some time off.

First off I am so happy you are feeling better. That was a rough week.

Secondly, you rocked your runs. Which run tracker are you using? I use Nike+ GPS and love it. You are going to ace your next race!

Good work on the cholesterol.

I hope you are living the dream today and super sore from your workout :) I mean that in the nicest loving way. I did German Volume Training today for back squats (10 sets of 10 reps). Oy it will hurt tomorrow.

Keep up the great work

Thanks Renee. I started using Runkeeper. I like it so far. It calls out the time, distance and pace every five minutes during a run which is helpful.

I had a very nice workout today. We went 5-10 lbs lower than my usual on everything and Jonathan didn't have a client after me so we took 45-50 minutes instead of our usual 30 minutes for the workout. Did I tell you I love this guy? Such an awesome trainer and friend. Just a good guy. I did squats, deadlifts, bench press and clean and jerks. Felt good.

Hope you didn't overdo it and get too sore! I really never get sore from my training. I work hard for sure but build up slowly to higher weights so my body adapts well to how we train. I complain about slow progress sometimes, but I have come so far since February it's hard to complain. Jonathan says I squat more than any of his other clients. Including the men. :)

I have only been to Canoe once and it was for brunch! It was delicious, and I'm sure the view of the Hooch will be quite lovely with the Fall colors poking through!

I love your blood work report! A true testimony to a healthier you. I want to get mine checked after my next W30.

Really glad you are feeling better! Have a GREAT weekend! :D

Had a fabulous non-Whoke30 anniversary dinner last night. Beet, goat cheese and walnut salad drizzled with basil oil. Fresh pan seared black bass with green beans, a slice of olive bread with butter, a chocolate ganache dessert and three glasses of a nice cabernet sauvignon. :)

Easily back on track with black coffee and HB eggs for breakfast today.. This is what the Whole30 lifestyle is all about for me! :)

Archived