Breakfast

• 2 soft cooked eggs
  • stir fry carrots and sugar snap peas

Lunch

• sausage link
  • sauerkraut
  • raspberry sherbet

Dinner

• Thai Pad from Well Fed. I think I am in love. Awesome!!!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 51

Breakfast

• Egg casserole made with Kale, onions, mushrooms and cilantro

Lunch

• chicken breasts
  • cumin carrots
  • raspberries

Pre-workout snack

• coconut cream Lara bar

Dinner

• pineapple
  • Bora Bora Fireballs - Well Fed recipe

Day 52

Continuing to see more and more improvements. Face is clearing back up after breaking out when I introduced dairy. My energy level is back and really high. Love it Overall I am feeling the best I can ever remember. Love the feeling.

Last night was strength training. Found out last night just how weak I really am. Did some work with the olympic bar and was greatly disappointed that I could barely list it over my head 3 times. It is a starting point although lower than I would like. At least I am moving forward and not sitting on the couch watching the world pass by. I will get stronger and the bar will not master me!

Breakfast

• Egg casserole

Lunch

• cumin carrots
  • Bora Bora Fireballs - Well Fed recipe
  • cucumbers
  • raspberries

Snack

• Lara Carrot cake bar

Dinner

• Bora Bora Firefiles - Well Fed recipe
  • cumin carrots
  • strawberries

Day 53

Strength workout was good and hard yesterday. Did a bunch of "farmer" carries with 30 pound kettle bells in each hand. Also did burnout pull downs and pushup. It was awesome. Left knee and ankle bother me some but this morning feels okay. Will probably go ahead and try a cardio workout tonight and use my ankle brace.

Breakfast

Egg casserole

Lunch & Dinner

dried apricots and cashews

Struggling with not being hungry. I need to make sure I handle my meals better tomorrow.

Tired going to bed.

Day 54

So, yesterday I going to classify as a minor train wreck day. I got off work early and ran some errands and then decide to rake and bag some leaves. I wasn't feeling too bad so I decided to go ahead and try a cardio/strength training day at boot camp. I been restricted to only strength days for the past two months and have really missed the cardio days. They are hard but fun. My chiropractor really wanted me to continue to not do cardio but did decided if the class didn't involve a lot of jumping or could be modified I could try it.

1st Station: Partner held plank while the other person reverse bear crawled to wall and then basically continue to reverse crawl up the wall until their nose touched the wall. This was modified for me where once I reached the wall I did two walking planks. Then you run back to your partner and complete six squat jumps (building by two each time you come back). Then it was your turn to hold plank while the partner completed the exercise. This was a continuous station for 3 1/2 minutes

2nd Station: Hold Viper over head in quick feet. When trainer yells drop, you slam the viper to the ground, squat down to catch it and return to holding it above your head in quick feet. Next is full situps and finally back extensions on a stability ball Repeat

3rd Station: Partner holds a 8 pound medicine ball and do quick feet through a short ladder. Partner also holds a medicine ball and does 8 chops on each side and then 8 twisters; then switch with partner. 2nd time to the ladder is hopping while bouncing the ball in each square. Switch between quick feet and hopping each time return to the ladder. Continuous work for 3 1/2 minutes

Three times through complete circuit.

By the time I was finished I could feel my left knee, hip and shoulder really bothering me. Mostly my left knee. I came home and iced it and my shoulder and went to bed. This morning I am sore and the knee is still tender but I can go up and down stairs so I think I will wait to see the chiro until my regular appointment on Tuesday. It will be interesting to see what he thinks about continuing cardio days once in a while and build back up to the full schedule of strength and carido days.

Breakfast

• 2 pieces of egg casserole

Lunch

• 1 Scotch Egg - recipe from Well Fed
  • raw baby carrots
  • raw baby cucumbers

Snack

70% cocoa chocolate raspberry bar

Dinner

Bora Bora Fireballs - recipe from Well Fed

Spaghetti squash with ghee

strawberries with coconut milk

Day 55

Breakfast

Egg Casserole with onions, mushrooms, spinach, roasted tomatoes and yellow summer squash

Lunch

Turkey

Waldorf salad - Whole 9 recipe Super yumy

Velvet butternut squash recipe - Well Fed Recipe. AWESOME!

Dinner

cashews and dried apricots. I was only slightly hungry and normally I wouldn't have ate at all but I was attending a concert and did want to take a chance of my tummy rumblig in the middle of it :-)

Day 56

Late night out last night (a couple of hours past my normal bedtime) for a great concert. Not feeling as tired as I thought I might but definitely missing my normal hours of sleep. Can hardly wait to go to the chiropractor tomorrow to straighten out this hip, knee, ankle issue. I am definitely to learn more patience with my body and not try to force this level of exercise until my body is clearly ready for it. The pain is definitely not worth it.

Breakfast

Egg casserole with ghee

Lunch

2 Scottish eggs - Well Fed Recipe

Velvet Butternut squash - Well Fed Recipe

Cranberry Waldorf Salad - Whole 9 Recipe

Dinner

1 Scottish Egg - Well Fed Recipe

Velvet Butternut squash - Well Fed Recipe

Red Grapes

Day 57

So, since this past Friday (when I made the choice to try cardio day at boot camp again) I have been having problems with my left shoulder, hip, knee and ankle. I decided to try icing it instead of making an emergency chiro appt. Big mistake. I have not slept well since then and I can really tell it today. I am just exhausted. It shows in the bags under my eyes. Of course it doesn't help that Sunday and Monday night at made the choice to attend concerts that were awesome but caused me to stay up way later than normal. Plan for tonight is see chiropractor, grab compliant food and go to bed. Hopefully the chiro can straighten me out enough to get soem good sleep.

Breakfast

Egg Casserole

Lunch

Scottish egg

Velvet butternut squash

Cranberry Waldorf salad

raw green peppers

Supper

Banana

dried apricots

cashews

Went to bed early.

Day 58

Still tired today even though I went to bed early. I think a lot of it is my body was so far out of alignment that it is going to take a bit to recover. Chiro appt went well. My knee was rotated out which explains why my entire left side has been bothering me. Also adjusted my left shoulder. It will definitely take a bit for the muscle to relax to actually get some relief but I think we may have figure out why I have been having adjustment problems these last couple of months. We are almost 100% sure it is my workout shoes. I switched from a stablizer shoe (chunky and rigid) to a minimalist shoe (flexiable and lightweight) about the same time I started having knee and ankle issues. So we are going to switch back to the stablizer shoe, do only strength days for a couple weeks and get a couple of chiro adjustments. The we will try another cardio day as see how it goes. Hopefully we are the right path.

Given all that I can really tell how not being able to sleep well along with being in pain really messes with my brain. I really wanted to run to "comfort" food especially last night. Good thing my kitchen is cleared of all non-compliant food and it was cold out so that was a deterrant to running to the store. It doesn't mean I ate well last night (lots of fruit) but it is better than what could have been.

Breakfast

Egg Casserole

Lunch

3 hard boiled eggs

yellow beans

Dinner

hamburger

grilled onions

Snack

Cashews

apple

Day 59

I think I am finally catching back up on my sleep. Now if my knee will just clear up I will be good to go.

Breakfast

Egg Casserole

Lunch

2 Scotch Eggs - Well Fed recipe

Spaghetti Squash with Ghee

Baby Carrots

Grapes

Archived