New to Whole30, and excited!

Heatherina

Hi everyone! I wanted to introduce myself. I've been lurking here for a while! I was introduced to the idea of Paleo eating by a woman while chatting after a yoga class. From there I read a few books on it and It Starts With Food was by far my favorite. That's how I found this website. I've been working on improving my clean eats for some time, but recently I started getting really excited about the idea of the 30-day reset program. I finally started my official Whole30 yesterday! I signed up for the Whole30 Daily email newsletter too, and so far (I know, I'm only on day 2) it's been motivating.

I live in the Southwest where delicious but decidedly non-Whole30 food is the norm. Luckily though I love to cook, and there is a great food culture here, and I am sure that with dedication even eating out will become second nature in this program. I do know that the cleaner I eat, the better I feel, and I'm really looking forward to the support here, and learning more about making this a lifestyle while doing the Whole30.

Oh! I just remembered that many people post what they eat here, and I think that would be a handy record for me, too!

So yesterday (Day 1): my appetite was way off because I was getting over a bad cold and didn't eat much all day. These food amounts will not be typical but I had scrambled eggs and spinach for breakfast. For lunch I mashed up a sweet potato - again, low appetite. For dinner I was finally feeling hungry again so I had some ground chicken that I made into patties seasoned with salt and pepper and a little chile powder. On the side I roasted some sweet potatoes and broccoli.

Today (Day 2): feeling better, yay! This morning I had two hard-boiled eggs and some local turkey sausage. For lunch, I fried a chopped sweet potato in coconut oil, topped it with some homemade salsa and a sunny-side up egg, and half an avocado. I had some almonds for a snack and tonight for dinner I'm making chicken (seasoned with garlic and red chile) with sauteed spinach and caramelized onions (I won't be adding brown sugar to the onions obviously, which you see in some recipes for caramelized onions). I've had SO MUCH WATER today. My body is craving it.

Archived