Newbie starting out and need all tips I can get!!

Trex0814

Hello everyone!  :D  I live in Washington State and will be doing my VERY FIRST Whole30 program in January.

post-81793-0-51730800-1447526199_thumb.p I have been reading the books and prepping like crazy for it; plus got a workout regiment figured out too. I am pretty nervous about it and hope that I can succeed with it. I am one that eats lots of BAD foods and hope that I can not do that.

I love dairy products (i.e. cheese, butter, cottage cheese, sour cream, yogurt , ice cream....) So that will be a hard one to tackle!  :huh:  Plus I have a passion for pasta; which I know is not good either. So I will just have to bite the bullet and be good.

I will gladly take tips where needed and you can contact me too if you want to join my little group (2 people   :rolleyes:). My other half has done one before so I know that I will get help from that too.

Thanks for reading my post!  :blink: 

Donna 

Well, I'm on Day 6, so here's what I know so far:

Concentrate on what you DO like and what you CAN have. For me, that's great coffee (black!) made with a French press, and all kinds of roasted vegetables, and eggs and clarified butter (made my own) and avocados and lovely dry roasted almonds and olives and balsamic vinegar and mustard and Lacroix fizzy water and . . . . Well, you get the idea.

In place of pasta, try roasting sweet potato slices drizzled with a little olive oil. Very satisfying.

I made my own mayonnaise, following the Serious Eats immersion blender method. http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/10/two-minute-mayonnaise.htmland video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbPF_rLpd9o

It's delicious and I'm looking forward to finding some tuna and having tuna salad and egg salad next week. 

Eat 3 meals! And plan when you're going to eat them. And try to eat enough so you can make it to the next meal! I am finding this a little challenging . . . .

Welcome, the best way to succeed is to plan ahead. Make sure you have compliant snacks so that if you are starving you won't be tempted by non compliant items. Do a cookup once a week so you have everything ready to go, then you can just mix an match meat and veggies. See The Clothes Makes the Girl or http://meljoulwan.com/wellfed/for some tips. Good Luck!

You are on your way with all the prepping. My husband and I finished our Whole 30 in September and have been 99 3/4% compliant since. The 1/4% was a wedding weekend and dental implant surgery.

Please know if you do it - it works and you will feel great.

Reading your post I felt I was looking in a mirror. Dairy and pasta was routine not to mention cake and candy. To say I don't crave sugar is an understatement. I DON'T CRAVE SUGAR!!!!!! This program reset my relationship with food - it is almost magical.

Since my niece's wedding weekend we got right back on tack. Always making sure there is food in the fridge. It took a little bit of time to get my groove with prepping but now it is routine. We have a foodsaver so after a trek to COSTCO I portion out servings and vacuum seal. It is a great help.

Just take it one day at a time - if my husband and I did this - anyone can.

Use the forum - the people here are a great support. The Moderators know their stuff - they were great help to me.

Also a great tool is creating a daily food log in the forum. It helps keep you honest and if you are having any problems the Moderators have info on which to help you.

Trust me it works and it will change your life.

Go get me

GOOD LUCK! !!!!

Archived