Chocolate tea?

FusaroFTW

I have this chocolate smooth tea by Traditional Medicinals... ingredients are: senna leaf, organic roasted breadnut seed, organic licorice root, cocoa seed dry extract, organic roasted carob pod

Ingredients mention seeds, but not sure if it is okay as a tea?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

While we're at it. I LOVE mineral water, so bought soda stream just to make carbonated water - i drink it constantly :)

But, what about their mywater flavor essense? I facebooked SodaStream to ask the ingredients, as it says nothing artificial... but wanted to double check. This was their response:

From me:
Still waiting for response. In your MyWater flavor essence (lemon-lime) - are there any artificial ingredients (such as stevia, splenda, sugar alcohols, etc?) How do you define: "natural flavors" - Thank you in advance for your quick response
:)

• From SodaStream Sorry about that Rachel! All MyWater flavors are completely natural, there are no artificial ingredients at all. No Stevia, no splenda, no high fructose corn syrup. Just all natural delicious flavors! :)
      9 hours ago · Like

Whole9 - Are these myflavor water essences are good for my Whole 30? I was drinking La Croix, so I am assuming if those are good then so is this. Thanks!

• Moderators

The chocolate tea is fine.

I don't like the idea of the SodaStream and the MyWater flavor whatever because I think we should be drinking plain water most of the time and have flavored, carbonated water only on occasion. Moreover, the corporate-speak answer you got doesn't tell you much. They told you nothing artificial, but they did not define "natural flavors." Do they consider organic cane juice all natural? Or sugar? Lots of manufacturers do. You can't really tell if the flavor essences are Whole30-compliant or not. So I can't tell you if it is okay or not. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.

Yogi Mayan Cocoa Spice is helping me break my coffee in the evening habit. Love it.

We're seriously considering a soda stream for the water as well. I had no idea they had a flavor "pack" for it, so I was just planning to pick up some extracts/essences/etc. to add before fizzing. Glad you're getting your money's worth out of it!

Tom&Robin- thanks for your replies:)

Robin, I am going to pick up that tea tomorrow! Also, what other extracts/essences are your speaking about? I tried adding organic lime juice but it wasn't the same as lime La Croix(which is my goal). Plain is great- but some flavor would be nice too.

Also, if you get a SodaStream, go to Bed Bath and Beyond. Through this month there is a $10 mail in rebate and make sure you go to their website prior to purchase and register for BedBath's coupon by submitting your email. That will give you an additional 20% off. And if that wasn't sweet enough... When you buy from BedBath ask them their return policy. In Texas - you can return anything in any condition at any point.... No receipt required. Example: we took our 4yr old dyson vacuum in and explained it was rattling. No receipt or box and obviously been used. They exchanged it for a newer model- no questions asked. A year later we did the same thing with our Keurig (didnt even have the box or receipt) when it stopped working- and we got the newest model. Great customer service. We buy everything we can from there now:)

Hey Tom/Robin:

SodaStream responded to my question about their MyEssence=

My Question:

"Does your MyWater "essence" flavors (such as lemon lime) contain Sugar Alcohols? Also, do they contain ANY sweeteners - natural or not? Such as, but not limited to: cane syrup, cane juice, raw sugar, stevia, including organic versions of those? Thanks!"

• 373024_54885616308_367708664_q.jpg
    SodaStream Hi Rachel,
    No, MyWater flavor essences do not contain any sweeteners.
    Thank you for your support!

With that said - do you think they are safe?

• 3 months later...

Sorry, newbie here & this was the best thread I could find in my search so I figured I'd add on.

I have a "Republic of Tea" Peppermint Chocolate Rooibos tea that I'm wondering if I can drink. I don't recall it being overly sweet (since I had always added Stevia to it).

Ingredients: rooibos, carob, cocoa kernals, peppermint leaves, sweet blackberry leaves, natural mint, chocolate & vanilla flavors.

Thanks in advance!

Yogi Mayan Cocoa Spice is helping me break my coffee in the evening habit. Love it.

We're seriously considering a soda stream for the water as well. I had no idea they had a flavor "pack" for it, so I was just planning to pick up some extracts/essences/etc. to add before fizzing. Glad you're getting your money's worth out of it!

I just looked up this tea & it sounds DELICIOUS!!! But there's stevia in it! :angry:

http://www.yogiproducts.com/products/details/mayan-cocoa-spice/

Was going to grab something small as a Whole30 treat (treat being something like an avocado, or maybe tahini LOL) when I took the dog to the vet this afternoon and think I'm going to go with some chocolate tea. The idea of it with some coconut milk in the evening makes me happy already.

Kim the one I found at WF or maybe New Seasons (a local Oregon group of stores) has nothing but organic black tea and organic unsweetened 100% cocoa. It is yummy. :)

Archived