Taking my Whole30 to a Whole60 on 11/18, who's with me?!?!

JessRN

Hey everyone!  I started my Whole30 on 10/19/15 and will be successfully completing it tomorrow!  However, I am one of those folks who had terrible habits and a nasty carb addiction going in, and despite total commitment to the program and tweaks along the way suggested by members and moderators, I have not really "felt the magic" yet.  I actually had planned a doing a Whole60 even before realized that my body was going to need more time to metabolically heal, but now I know it's a necessity!  Anyone with me for 11/18?  I have had a great group of members who have supported me and each other through our Whole30, and I would love to keep that going for my Whole60!  

Good for you tackling another 30 days!! It's become more of a habit/lifestyle now, so hopefully the next 30 days will be even easier than the last 30 :) I'm impressed you will take it through the holidays, but hey why stop now?! 

I have to admit I haven't quite felt "the magic" either, but I have learned a lot this month! I plan to take the next month reintroducing some foods and seeing how my body reacts, and most likely continuing with a paleo diet. I have a feeling my cravings and sugar addiction are not 100% kicked to the curb, so I can see another Whole30 in my future just to solidify the habits. I'm thinking January!

My plan is to stick with this way of eating through all the holidays for several reasons:

1- I need to loose weight

2- I have a serious carb/sugar addiction once I let the sugar dragon loose

3- I sleep better, feel better, act better when I don't eat sugar, etc

4- everyone around me benefits when I eat this way ;-)

I'm on another thread that started 11/16 and I'll join this one too!

Thanks for the support, guys!  My whole60 will end December 17th, so at least I'll be able to have some special Christmas treats!  But even after the 60, I know I'm going to be eating mostly paleo, because it's what my body needs me to do :)

Hello. How is everyones day going? I fell off the wagon, on day one. Admitting that. So I will start again tomorrow but I hope you don't mind I stay here for the support. I have serious carb/sugar addiction and bread is what failed me this morning. Not good at all but I will learn from this and I will try again.

Hope you are doing good.

bread is what failed me this morning.

REALLY load up on protein & fat.  

Get bread out of your house (or at least out of your sight!) and plan your breakfasts ahead of time that fit the template, including generous amounts of protein, fat, and fibrous veggies to keep you full and satiated.  Cravings for carbs and sugar really DO disappear.  Just don't feed them carbs and sugar.  :)

Bjork, before I started my Whole30 (now on Day 10) I got rid of everything that wasn't compliant. Everything! 3 and 1/2 LARGE trash bags either given away or discarded! It is shocking how much sugar is in everything! I would not be able to have a single bread product around as that appears to be my gateway drug to sugar . . . .

Of course I only feed myself and two cats (and a stray) so removing everything would be a lot trickier if you have other humans around. (The cats' food has no appeal to me.  :) )

I feel so fortunate that during my first 30 days I was never seriously tempted.  As a hardcore carb addict, especially when it came to bread, I found this fascinating!  I had fleeting cravings, and days where bad food looked AMAZING... BUT

I attribute that to the fact I've followed the meal template religiously since day 1.  Eating proper amounts of fat, protein and nice fibrous veggies squashed all that, and squashed it flat!  Any cravings I have are fleeting and completely manageable.  

Also Bjork, I would really make sure you have your Whole30 goals solid in your head, especially "why I'm doing this."  For me, #1 was metabolic healing and #2 (closely related) was getting through a day with consistent energy.   As I started to see those changes, even in little glimmers, it was way easier to stay strongly committed.  If your reasons are vague like "feeling better," I think it's way harder to stare that inevitable carb flu in the face and vanquish the carb dragon with all the delish approved foods.  

I hope that helps!

I am doing 45 days for my 45th birthday. I started November 3rd which actually puts me ending on the 17th as well! :-) Nice to have some support! I want to carry through as close to the Christmas holidays as possible and be very careful with what I eat.

I'm feeling good today, guys!  Those headaches I was having during the last week are gone.  I've cut out fruit for now, because I think it was causing me problems with energy, and possibly the headaches too.  My body is apparently needing a little more strict encouragement and TIME to go fat metabolism.  I think we're absolutely getting there!  I'm ready for my magic, so bring it on whole30!  

Thank you so much for your help. The bread is out at home and I just have to stay away from it at work.

I had big breakfast including fat, carb and protein and I am feeling good.

Jess, I have thought about why I am doing this and set myself some more specific goals. Thank you for that. Hope your whole30 magic arrives soon.

How's everyone doing?  Today is Day 34.  I slept really well and woke up feeling pretty good.  But made an incredibly noob mistake and left my avocado out of my breakfast.  And it threw off my WHOLE day LOL.  Lesson learned.  Get your fat!  

Hello all!! Great job!!! I am planning on starting tomorrow, Monday 11/23. I am using today to shop, clean out, and prepare. I started a post....Emergency, need to start now, explaining my issues. I don't think anyone is going to join me. Will it be alright to join in here for support?

Archived