JenHZ post whole30 Dancing my own Dance

JenHZ

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK I have eaten more soy today than I ever have before.  and probably more than I ever will again unless I visit Asia or go vegan.

M1 soy latte

m2 soy sauce, (sashimi), miso soup, cucumber salad(?)

M3 another soy latte

M4 soy burger, teriyaki sauce, mayo (?)

I feel fine,  maybe a bit extra tired but it was a very busy and productive day.  no excessive hunger or cravings

I know I got some sugar and wheat in there too but way more soy.

so if I sleep ok and feel ok in morning I'll say successful reintro of soy

so I don't loose these ideas

chili is actually great on spaghetti squash if you like that. it looks like spaghetti but tastes like a mild squash
or mashed potatoes ( or any mashed root veg or even mashed cauliflower)
riced cauliflower if you can buy it that way. too much trouble if not as a covered up part of dish
baked potatoes
you could probably have real fun serving it in acorn squash bowls

chili is one of our emergency meals so usually we have nothing with it. though if I have some I love avocado chunks on top of it.

if you have lettuce salad is a good contrasting side dish

micro baked sweet potato

mashed squash

carrot (jicama, radish, turnip) slice “chips” or bell pepper slices and dip

also toasted nuts are good garnish for crunch, or try toasted seeds - pumpkin seeds especially for chili (shelled!) or sunflower

Back from Las Vegas where I gained 3 pounds.

I was still getting over cold so didn't' get to walk much and  days were in 80's so too hot for me anyway

good news no  stomach  or digestion problems and  just about everything I ate was worth it for sure.  Friday had dinner ina very nice restaurant but they didnt' have appealing dessert so had a very small scoop of ice cream in an intriguing flavor, sassafras.

had 1 disappoint sandwich at track

Saturday dinner was tops from lobster bisque to lava cake with Heath crunch

but yesterday Tuesday when I got back was a mess. noncomplicant and bad tasting food for  lunch. though I did end up scrapping the bread from my sandwich.   had a pretty decent dinner then succumbed to a couple bits of kids' dessert

this morning didn't get my cooking done.  in part due to spouse being sick and ended up drinking a mocha

well now back to real whole 30 till I feel reset

don't know if was sugar in mocha this morning , or long day catching up to me, or something in the supposedly safe taco meat in my lunch salad, but I am ready to put my head down on the restaurant table and nap.

Thank goodness I wasn't at a place like that.  Nice family run place that kid loves.  I wonder they use a spice mix with MSG and didn't know or if I am just not up for tomatoes and peppers and  greasy cheap beef.   after all things that are w30 can affect us too.

had 2 wheat cookies last night and 2 extra trips to the bathroom this morning.  didn't' know I was that gluten sensitive. only 1 of the cookies was worth it.

also migraine this morning.  I never have figures out a single trigger but Saturday

s after stressful weeks seem to be the time and that is sure a description of the past week.

did get rid of my headache.

today computer hard drive crashed. I ate a chocolate bar. Don't quite have food freedom yet. Did follow it up with a real meal. Having an energy crash now. Don't know if it is sugar or if it's email withdrawal.

I've been eating a lot of chocolate too. I'm trying to limit it to 'good' chocolate from the health food store but it's still got sugar in it. Hope tomorrow is a better day.

• 5 weeks later...

213.8 gotta get back on the dance floor

still struggling with  eating simple meals. 

Sure I'm happy to eat whole 30 when I'm looking at a delicious stew  or a steak and cauli rice with onions and garlic.

but not when I'm looking at cold sliced turkey and baby carrots and some mayo

Does that look too much like a diet meal of old?  is it cause it isn't heated up? not enough fat?

but neither can I afford the time to cook  and prep fancy food all the time

and if I tried to feed that turkey and carrot meal  to dear spouse for dinner he'd say.  you are too tired to cook and it's too late for me to cook "let's go out" and we go to red Robin almost as frequently as we did pre w30, though my order sure has changed  ( and I sure miss campfire sauce)

I have not overcome the  part of emotional eating that expects my meals to be "satisfying" of more than physical hunger

now obviously I could say you go out I'm fine here.  or I could say  forage your own left overs, though why I'd be eating cold meat when we have leftovers I don't' know.

but family dinner is precious to me.  already 2 nights we don't' eat together as a family and often 2 more.  so I would probably  be willing to weigh another hundred pounds if that were the only alternative. 

so I guess I will really have to actually talk to dspouse and buy more sausage to freeze for go to quick dinner when other plans don't work out

and just quit buying cold meat slices so I don't' feel guilty when they go bad

and remember I can have sausage for all meals in 1 day if I have to

and that I do have 2 individual frozen dinners in the freezer I can also eat for a quick lunch

Archived