JenHZ post whole30 Dancing my own Dance

JenHZ

Sunday 12/20/15

day 14 w30 + A &s

M1 3 eggs scrambled in coconut oil with  spinach, baked squash with ghee

unsweetened almond milk latte

M2 leftover lamb, Brussels sprouts and sweet potato gratin

dark chocolate

M4 leftover steak and spaghetti squash, no sugar tomato pasta sauce from jar, salad and homemade vinaigrette, red wine

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

11 hours of sleep then a head ache,  too much sleep or sleep due to head?  too much sugar yesterday?

(LB)

M1 eggs an baked quash with ghee

coffee with choc and peppermint syrup

M2 frozen green beans  ( chewy texture good)  prosciutto, sweet potato with ghee, cashews

dark chocolate - not as much as yesterday

m3/4 beef short ribs, turnips with ghee, salad with W30 balsamic vinaigrette, more green beans

day 15 Monday 12/21/15 W30+A&s

day 16 Tuesday 12/22/15 W30+A&s

M1 3 eggs scrambled with coconut oil, leftover baked squash with ghee

Nia

Post WO forgot to even pack food, had an almond milk peppermint mocha,  I could technically have bought food at grocery store and eaten OK meat

M2 honey roast turkey, white potato with ghee, green beans

took kid to bookstore to spend her loot got another coffee with sugar

M3/4 salmon with W30 mayo, sweet potato carrots and green pepper with ghee, dandelion and watercress salad with bacon with sugar

need to figure out a meal schedule for a  break day

up at 7

m1 8

m2 noon

m3 3:30?

M4 7

M4 is pretty set and m1 has to be no later than 8

M1  + 5 is 1 pm

M4 - 5 is 2 pm so I guess M 3 still needs to appear so must plan and cook for it

Thursday  12/14/15

M1 was W30

Nia dance class focusing on legs

PWO prosciutto ( too fatty and salty I know) and sweet potato

out to lunch gluten, s little diary and unknown oils

right knee pain in afternoon 

dinner more dairy and lots of gluten

knee still feels odd this morning

is there a full bucket theory here?  where a little of a food group  doesn't give you a noticeable effect but several different "littles" can add together to effect you?

Sunday 12/27/15

dinner at friends' house.  they had whole wheat pasta and commercially frozen turkey meatballs so they would have "healthy" food for us.  I ate it. it was a seated dinner and there weren't many W30 compliant options - crudités and the red cabbage (we brought the cabbage).  I would have been happier if she had made the cheese pie she was considering. 

so live and learn. 

1 when I know I am going to eat dessert - her homemade crisp and brownies are excellent - hold back even more on the foods I am not interested in even if they are the main course.  pretend they are a food I really don't  like but do eat enough that I can wait a long time for dessert at this house.

2 eat ahead of visit maybe a low-fat protein and starch.  there will probably be a fatty food I will eat there.

3 drink a lot more water there

4 spend a bit more time in the kitchen so I can figure out what food is homemade and what is take out.  skip the take out or leave most of it for Miss Manners.  I ate some garlic bread then saw it was the from the bag kind.

ideally Last night I would have found a spoon to taste dips without pretzels, eaten more dip with veggies once the veggies showed up.  kept to my modest portion of pasta had more sauce with it and only 1 meatball, split a piece of garlic bread with spouse, eaten more cabbage, drunk more water, skipped whipped cream from a can on dessert

knee seems fine and I did walk at mall for half an hour

Day 18  Monday 12/18/15

M1 3 eggs scrambled with coconut oil, sweet potatoes au gratin  (W30)  forgot to eat fruit

M2 leftover chicken, braised sweet potatoes and carrots and peppers

M3 black coffee, dark chocolate  - out after movie

M4 meatloaf with pickle in it (W30), sweet potato salad  (W30), spiced red cabbage and apples (w30), red wine

needed more green and non-starchy veg but all on my plan

Day 19 Tuesday 12/28/15

M1 3 eggs scrambled with coconut oil, red cabbage, sweet potatoes au gratin

Post work out almond milk mocha

M2 chicken, leftover braised sweet potato and veggies

M3 cashews, dark chocolate

M4 out Tapas  little fish, shellfish, olives, almonds, ham and other dry sausage, peppers, tomato juice, cocktail, Scotch egg, Scotch

Nia again focus on legs

knee feels fine

there was probably some gluten and a touch of dairy in  dry sausage and Scotch egg

Day 20 Wednesday 12/30/15

M1 3 eggs scrambled in coconut butter, pear

almond milk mocha

M2  roast beef from PCC, cashews, white potato with ghee

M3 cashews, red wine

M4 shrimp and veg stir fry   W30

between kid's dentist appointment and her friend coming over for pizza and being needy and depressive I didn't have a great day  but it was on my plan

not doing a W30 but want to have an really accurate  food record for a few days so psoting every meal

Jan1 2016

M1 3 medium eggs scrambled in 1 T coconut oil  with 1 c. salad greens, 1 jar roasted pepper ( brine not oil) 1/4 c. chopped onion, topped with 1/2 avocado, side 4 ounces sweet potato ( weighed cooked with skin on) with 1T ghee

ok so that rather got away from me

Day 21 Friday 1/1/16

M3 3 ounces roasted salted cashews, 1 ounce dark chocolate

M4 1 oz. salmon, 1 oz. tuna, 1 leek cooked with 1 T. olive oil and some tomato and spices

Oneg 1 bite challah, 1 T. red wine, 1 clementine, black coffee

Saturday 1/2/16 not W30

M1 3 large eggs scrambled in 1  t. coconut oil with 4 leftover shrimp and a few veggies, 4 oz. sweet potato 1 T. ghee

vigorous Nia workout

post workout 2 oz. plain sweet potato, 1 oz. deli turkey

headache remained so  20 oz. almond milk mocha

m4 planned non w30 so ate up some leftovers for m3 2 oz. mascarpone, 8 cheese crackers, 3 salted caramel chocolates

• that was M2

m3 chocolate frosted TopPot cake doughnut

M4 chicken with almonds - 1 chicken leg 2 ounces almonds in Moroccan style sauce, 1/2 c. sweet potato salad made with avocado oil mayo, 1 c green beans with radish slices with 1 T homemade oil and vinegar dressing  (2t olive oil)

glass of white wine

BTW all that  junk and headache and caffeine yesterday left me on the throne a good bit of the day

m1 3 large eggs scrambled in 1 t. coconut oil  with 1 peach and 1 c. spinach leaves, 4 oz. sweet potato with 1 T. ghee

M2 leftover short  rib meet about 2 oz. leftover green beans with homemade salad dressing (2 t. olive oil) white potato 6 oz. micro baked with 5 t. ghee and some kosher salt

( kid was having pizza so I had potato as my treat)

fizzy water

Day 23 Monday 1/4/16

M1 1 egg scrambled with coconut oil 1 t.    pear    4 oz. sweet potato with 1 T. ghee

M2 out red  robin, 1 dgb in lettuce wrap, campfire sauce, fries, steamed broccoli, 2 oz. Sprite

Post wo  2 oz. deli turkey, 2 oz. sweet potato

M3 1 oz. prosciutto,  4 oz. sweet potato with 1 t. ghee, baked apple with 1 T. red hots

1 oz. dark chocolate

M4 1 c. spaghetti squash with 1/2 c. no sugar pasta sauce, 2 oz. beef chuck roast,  4 oz. red wine

Tuesday 1/5/16

m1 3 eggs scrambled in 1 t. coconut oil, pear, 4 oz. sweet potato with 1 T. ghee

m2 out Whidbey burger, 1 hamburger (no bun) sautéed onions, bacon, mayo, lettuce, tomato pickles, medium fries, 4 oz. Coke

M4 1/2 c leftover beef stew ( had been frozen), 4 c. salad greens with 1 egg fried in bacon grease and 1 slice bacon 1 homemade dressing 2 t. olive oil, mushrooms cooked in coconut cream  ( yummy but needed more thickener than 1 T. potato starch) 4 oz. red wine

so day 24

soda  tries were not  something I want to continue.  if at a place with full bar can get club soda.  if not try or unsweetened iced tea though I miss the bubbles and find it generally too tannic.

Wednesday 1/6/15  Day 1 (2nd set) W30= A&s

M1 3 eggs scrambled in 1 t. coconut oil, leftover baked squash, 1 T. ghee, pear

almond milk peppermint mocha

M2 protein type salad salmon, pineapple, Primal kitchen mayo, celery, catsup, jar roasted pepper in brine, chives

M3 leftover chuck roast, white potato with ghee, raw almonds, tomato juice

M4 leftover mushrooms with coconut cream, bison burger, hard cider

Thursday 1/7/16 Day 2 W30+A&s

M1 2 eggs scrambled in avocado oil, leftover baked squash with ghee, pear

coffee with sugar syrup

M2 leftover chuck roast  - rest of breakfast squash and pear

dentist visit gave me big burps, I really felt like chocolate caramels would cure them ????

instead M3 sweet potato with ghee, dark chocolate, hot spiced cider   and Tums burps did get better

M4 Mellissa's chicken hash, white wine (1/2 glass)

may have scotch later

Archived