JenHZ post whole30 Dancing my own Dance

JenHZ

friend  reminded me egg salad and tuna/salmon salad are parve basics so I will take one of those along with veggies and guac

hope to cook some today

superbowl party tomorrow - plan to be marginally off plan and take my knitting along too

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

migraine Saturday so recording what I ate Friday

m1  4 medium eggs scrambled in avocado oil, sweet potato with ghee

m2 ate out at Crab Pot salmon, red potatoes,  mixed veg cauliflower, snap peas, carrots,   surely some odd oils

Nia

post wo hard boiled egg with salt, 1/2 apple, some grapes, black coffee

Nap

M3 jolly ranchers, prosciutto, cashews

M4 leftover curried coconut chicken, sautéed kale and onions

oneg orange, small blondie, black coffee,

red wine right before bed

Saturday all W#0 except another small blondie

really glad I have this log.  trying to figure out my headaches.  was almost hoping for a food trigger. 

but actual seems to be mostly on weekends or days off.  5 of 7 bad headache days were on a day off. 1 other was the day my cold started and a smaller head ache was on one of the most messed up days of the year

I feel like I need extra sleep since I  only get 7 hours on week days but maybe not.  naps might be a better choice.  will try for  hour sleep blocks  on vacation cause I sure don't' want to feel like this.

spouse pointed out it could be an environmental chemical reaction to something in our synagogue so will check if it is mostly weekends where I went to services/worked in the kitchen there on Friday

good news is our friends who hosted Super bowl got a bunch of their recipes from Super easy Paleo.  could have eaten all paleo but succumbed toa bit on onion sour cream dip, a bite of cheese and a GF brownie for dessert that was mostly all sugar fat and chocolate, or and a rib with standard bbq sauce

day 16 Monday 2/8/16

M1 frittata, pear

M2 harvest chicken salad ( didn't' like) white potato with ghee

m3 prosciutto, cashews, orange, 4 jolly ranchers

m4 chicken in lemon butter sauce ( probably some starch thickener) roasted veg, sparkling water, melon & prosciutto, flavored olive oil

wine at home?

Did you figure out your headache triggers yet? And I'm glad someone reminded you of the tuna/egg salad option.  That's my go-to meal when I have to eat at DD's shul.  I also had some whitefish salad not long ago that was absolutely fantastic.  I'd like to know how to make that one.

ThyPeace, not Jewish, but knows all the blessings and tutored a kid (DD) on her d'var Torah.

not sure yet but thanks for asking ThyPeace.  going to skip services this week just in case as I have big plans Saturday.

in the crash  phase of a crash and burn after an intensive visit and taking my kid to doc for ADD med check.  I would eat off W30 but have nothing in house that is both off plan and tasty.  I guess that is good planning!

I would eat off W30 but have nothing in house that is both off plan and tasty.  I guess that is good planning!

Too funny!  And yes, that is good planning.  Hope you are continuing to have good days and less of the stressful kind.  I have a meds check for DD's ADHD and anxiety meds today.  Good thing it's by phone, because the roads are a mess around here today.

ThyPeace, shoveling is today's exercise.

Thanks ThyPeace

glad you could do it by phone.

did eat off plan during my vacation but not so much that I felt sick so that is great.

and no headaches

going to try to stay completely on plan until next trip in March

I did eat some grain starch this morning

soup is on stove and brisket is cooking for dinner

Soup and brisket!  Awesome things.  DH made steaks with baked potatoes, baked kale, grilled eggplant, and tomato slices last night for our movie night (Groundhog Day).  I made lamb, apricot, sweet potato, and parsnip stew for supper for today.  Food is good food!

ThyPeace, so glad there were no headaches, off plan or not!

that stew sounds delicious Thy Peace.  I will have to try that combo

had headache Monday morning.  hope it is not my house.  but I did have a glass of red wine immediately after dinner Sunday night

I am sure I will have a chance to have wine with a meal soon enough to see if that causes a head ache.

I did have mixed drinks twice and beer once with a meal over my vacation and no headaches

today

M1 3 medium eggs scrambled in olive oil, sweet potato soup from W30 cookbook

plan

nuts

nia

squash and deli meat

lunch out

grocery shop  ( 2 places?)

snack at starbucks

cook fish for dinner

Friday 2/26/16

M1 3 med eggs scrambled in olive oil with mushrooms, sweet potato with ghee, pear

m2 leftover carnitas and salsa, sweet potato soup

nia

post wo  salami, squash

M3 sardines in olive oil   ( fatty and salty almost as good as popcorn),  raw almonds

M4 variation on Mellissa Joulwan's pad Thai, white wine, dark chocolate

no synagogue as we are going to a bar and bat mitzvah in the morning

What's Nia?  And red wine occasionally gives me wicked headaches.  I read that it is the tanins that do it,and they vary by the bottle of wine. I rarely drink so have not really worked to figure it out.

Sardines in olive oil?  Wow.  I should try that.  Someday.

ThyPeace, cautious with fish.

Nia is a fun and creative exercise dance class

http://nianow.com/

no idea on the headaches yet other than Fridays in general

I had another one Saturday 2/27.  there was no red wine, there was no drinking after dinner, there was no place I don't go several days a week.  there were no major stressors

I had decaf coffee after dinner but only 2 ounces.  a mild rain did happen Friday afternoon.  I slept 9 hours Friday night to Saturday morning.

last night I slept 8 and half hours and woke up naturally and no headache.  Saturday I ate like crap, had a Guinness out, and stayed up till midnight.   

I really need to  buy some  frozen greenbeans for headache mornings.  yesterday I resorted to kid's toaster pastries and then had more carbs throughout day.  I had forgotten how hungry that makes me and how many carbs I have to eat to stop feeling hungry.  Very weird to think I often felt like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Back from my trip, most indulgences were worth it.  Actually a lot of them were close to compliant, like escargot.

now plan is no more than 15 non compliant Meals ( or maybe days) between now and April 22, the start of Passover.  There is nothing to hold me back except lack of planning.

2 noncompliant meals yesterday some chocolate in afternoon ( could have planned around that)  and homemade gingersnaps from visiting friend.  I never pass those up and I should have realized he knew that and would bring me some.

m1 today Thursday 3/10

3 large eggs scrambled in olive oil, pear, squash with onion and ghee

I am not in a place yet where I can eat whole 30 without some cooking.  got terribly sick over the weekend and did not eat much but what I ate was not w30.

had a poptart, might be able to sub a microwaved sweet potato for that when I am not quite so nauseous

had gingerale 3 times, ginger tea even with honey did not work as well

had teriyaki chicken  - spouse got that as take out for us as we were both too sick to cook

also at chocolate Heath bars  - no good sub for that

would be good to have more soup in the freezer though I did have compliant packaged broth to eat

M4 Thursday was compliant, as was M 4 Friday, and m 4 Saturday, and m 4 Sunday ( spouse well enough to cook then)

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

didn't make it 30 so going again February 5

dspouse talks big but doesn't do details - accepted, still going to. Communicate

Saturday grocery shop

Sunday cook up breakfast casserole

sweated onions

lots of greens

mayo?

figure out how to break poor planning and execution of dinner plans leading to reward of going out

step 1 agree can eat sausage, burgers, spaghetti squash repeatedly at home

work on food and alcohol as bribe for social anxiety situations

journal every day

read meditation book and do it for chronic stress

keep working chronic stress plan

• 2 weeks later...

still trying to figure out being ill on w30.  I want comfort food because 1 it is comforting 2 it is easy

remember to keep up fluids and take cold meds and Advil

soup - should always have some in freezer

sweet potato in microwave is pretty easy

worry more about compliance than template

consider a veggie smoothie to get some green stuff in

Archived