This post may not be quiet what you expect.  But, I definitely need some help.

I recently started a job on a cruise ship.  Which means I have VERY little control over the food that is provided to me.  

I started my third Whole30 three days ago and is definitely something I needed to do.  But, I am constantly worried about the stuff I can't know is in the food.  

I try to bring as much supplemental stuff on the ship as possible- but unfortunately anything that I am allowed to bring on is kind of snack-y (Lara Bars, almonds, etc...)  

I struggle every day with just throwing in the towel.  Every time I eat the "fresh steamed" vegetables and take a bite and I am sure there is some butter in the mix.  

I'm not quite sure what I am asking for here... advice?  Encouragement?  Anything to keep me going.  

My first Whole30 changed my life. I don't want to go back to the way I was.

• Moderators

If you have done two Whole30s before, you should know if butter in your veggies is a problem. If it is not a problem, then you don't have a problem. You can't do a Whole30 on ship, but you can eat healthy for you. 

If you need to lose weight, you can lose weight without doing a Whole30. Just eat meal-template compliant meals every 4-5 hours composed of protein, fats, and veggies. Small amounts of off-plan foods ruin gut healing and blood sugar issues for sensitive people, but not critical to weight loss if you are overweight. 

Archived