Emergency !!! I need this NOW!!!!! Nov 23!!!

pyrotek

A well visit from my DRS office has frightened me!! Last year I was having severe jointp pain, I completed a whole 30 and felt great. Throughout the year I have stayed close to the meal template. I have added on occasion... sugar, alcohol, butter, and GF bread crumbs. However, I joined a workout group and decided to add a high quality, plant based, organic protein powder mixed with berries, water, spinach and a tablespoon of Peanut butter to my meals daily.

My blood tests showed that my TSH levels are high, my cholesterol levels are up, my blood sugar levels are up, and my blood pressure is on the rise. My DR is doing more tests to see if the thyroid problem is an autoimmune issue or from the lack of iodine. I haven't had any iodine salt in years. He wanted to start blood pressure med now, I wanted to see if I can lower them on my own. He wants me to do cardio 5x a week for at least 30 mins a workout. He is giving me until mid January and then retest!!! I don't have much time and need to start now!! I am planning on today Sunday. Nov 22, to prepare and shop. Tomorrow, Monday, November 23 will be DAY 1...... OBTW, I want to show them what a great way of eating this is. Would anyone like to join me ? I need the support!!!

I'll join you. I did a Whole60 and then messed up my reintro. Now I'm feeling awful and having a lot of joint pain. I do water aerobics, yoga, and strength training, not all on the same day but 2 of them each day. I love this way of eating and want to get back to it now, instead of waiting for the holidays to be over.

I'm on Day 14 so I'll be right there with you through Thanksgiving and until December 8th!

Pyrotek, I sympathize with your thyroid and other issues. Thyroid issues especially can be very tricky and difficult to diagnose and take a long time to stabilize. What I have found personally is that it took a smart endocrinologist to stabilize mine, and my internists didn't really have a clue. YMMV of course.

The other thing I'll just suggest is that your thyroid, blood pressure and other issues are part of complex system and sorting that all out is a process . . . which may take "a while" and almost certainly won't be completely sorted in 30 days, so don't have too much panic, or too many unrealistic expectations. You KNOW you're going to be nourishing yourself and you KNOW you'll probably feel better, and those are such positive things.

So good for you for taking a big step toward better health.

• Moderators

Have you stopped taking the plant based protein powder and peanut butter yet? Such a supplement practice is incompatible with a Whole30.  Also, you mention bringing in off-plan foods occasionally. It seems that what feels like occasionally to most people is actually closer to frequently when measured carefully. Your poor lab work may reflect how far you have drifted from Whole30-style eating. 

You say you have avoided iodized salt for years. There is no need to avoid iodized salt during a Whole30. I am not familiar with recommendations about thyroid health and iodine, but I take a kelp supplement daily to insure I get plenty of iodine.

QuilterInVA, did you start? and how did your frst day go? I jumped over to the thread Starting Nov 24...join in for supporr, there is more activity there.

JessRN, I have been reading alot about metabolic syndrome. Thank you, it does sound like that could be!! I will discuss this with my DR when I go back for more test!

ArtFossil, thank you!!!

Tom, I stopped the liquid mess I was drinking!! I am back 100% unil mid January, and then I will introduce one food at a time. I see no reason for the shakes. Thanks a million

Archived