Whole30 Strong

LoriLifts

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I return, sheepishly, to my blog...

The bad news, I haven't completed 30 days yet.

But here's the good news!

I signed up for a Tactical Strength Challenge on April 23. I'm in the Master's division, which means I'm kind of old. It also means I have to do at least one pullup from a dead hang position.

The fastest way to do a pullup? TRAIN and LOSE WEIGHT!

I really want to do this. April 23, the day of the challenge is also my birthday. 59 years old. 

I've signed up for a meal delivery place in town that caters to athletes. I'm getting dinners delivered, they are Whole30 compliant. My first day starts on Feb 11.

My goal for the next 10 weeks is to stick to Whole30. I think it will actually be a Whole72. 

It's go time!

• 3 weeks later...

Project Pull-up is going swimmingly. I can now do a chin-up from a dead hang position. I have about 55 days until my contest. Chin-ups aren't allowed (dang it). I gotta be able to complete a pull-up.

I signed up for a meal delivery service that caters to athletes. The chef is making me Whole30 compliant dinners. I'm making my own breakfasts and lunches.

I've been stringing enough Whole30 days together to feel confident to do 30 days.

To make it simple, tomorrow will be Day 1.

I'll be working out of town for most of the next 2 weeks. 

The hotels I booked have refrigerators. I'm also going to be bringing my pre-made dinners in a cooler. The rest of my food I'll get on the road.

I have 8 weeks to go before my Tactical Strength Challenge on April 23. I plan on sticking to Whole30 at least until then. I need all the help I can get!

Archived