What foods are lightest on the stomach?

Kirsteen

I'm on day 10. For the past 5 days I've had a really upset stomach and finally gave in yesterday and called the doctor out. I have a dose of enteritis, no idea how but if it's something I've eaten or a bug at least it's not a reaction to W30. The meds he gave me are working but I've hardly eaten anything the past 2 days. Steamed veggies with a drizzle of oil and scrambled eggs, that's it.

What else is easy and light on the stomach. I don't have bones yet, and am unable to get out to look for any but have managed to order some organic chicken stock and beef stock. I'm hoping it'll come tomorrow so I can make soup but what else is light to eat?

Thank you. I have a couple of pouches of organic pureed apple baby food. I just hadn't thought of that. I've also got chicken I can steam and can easily get bananas. My mind had just gone totally blank (blame it on the meds :) ). this has given me several ideas. Thanks

Do you have zucchini? We had a horrible tummy virus the other week and zucchini soup was really soothing for it. I would saute some sliced zukes with a tiny bit of ghee and then throw in some crockpot onions we keep in the fridge, and then throw in homemade chicken broth with a couple homemade bouillion cubes and simmer it for about 20 minutes. Throw it in the food processor and add a little garlic salt and some pepper and there ya go! Reminds me of cream of broccoli soup, but gentler on the tummy (broccoli doesn't always agree with me) My 1 year old and 4 year old liked it too while they were recuperating.

Archived