Whole100: Part 2! Starts December 1st

WholeMama623

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 22!

I've been at it for over three weeks now. I am already sleeping much more soundly. I do not toss and turn like I do when I'm not doing a whole. It's CRAZY. My sleep just weeks ago was terrible and the difference is astounding. This is normally the first thing that changes for me! My face is also clearing up and looking more "vibrant" if that makes any sense. The bloat is going too, my pants don't feel as tight. This is my favorite part. Last time I lost an entire pants size and it was an incredible feeling.

I do have to admit that I accidently ingested a piece of cheese this weekend. I went to a birthday party and avoided ALL foods until my friend said that she had some rolled up pieces of thin lunch meat just for me. I took one bit (it only consisted of two bites. LOL) and I thought "Yum. this is good" and when I looked at the wrapped up meaqt, I realized it had a piece of cheese in it. Ooops. I didn't eat any more, and let it go. I didn't do it on purpose, and I moved on.

Christmas is this week! I can't believe it! My mom did ask me 100 questions about food that I can eat for her Christmas eve party, so I think she's going to try to have some stuff for me, but either way, I know i'll be fine. I normally feel so sick after her parties from eating a bunch of junk, that I doubt i'll even be tempted!

I am on vacation from work from The 24-29th and this is the only place I log on! Don't worry if you don't hear from me for a few days! I will be back to update on the 29th!

Day 24!!

Everything has been going well. I don't have much an appetite these days, but still eat pretty well, . This happens each time I do one of these. It's like once I start eating for sustenance, rather than for emotional eating, I eat just enough food to get by instead of gorging myself on food that makes me 'feel' happy while I'm eating it. It's a big change for me. However, I'm sure with the amount of ghee and paleo mayo that I ingest, I'm still getting PLENTY of calories!!!

My mom asked me yesterday if I could "just go off the whole100 for two days at Christmas" and I told her no, that's not how it works, and to stop pressuring me. When I first told her I was doing this she begged me to reconsider "because of Christmas!" and I told her no, and that that kind of mental thinking was what kept me from getting back on track for so long. There is ALWAYS something that will come up. There is always a party, or a holiday, or a social event, and I just cannot keep putting off eating better. Hopefully that's the end of it. I will likely just have to eat my own meal before brunch as she told me they make their eggs with whole milk. They can't make eggs without milk?? Really? Annoying.

Anyway, I'm not sure i'll be back after today until the 29th, so I wish you all a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS! I thank you all for the support you give me!!

My mom asked me yesterday if I could "just go off the whole100 for two days at Christmas" and I told her no, that's not how it works, and to stop pressuring me. When I first told her I was doing this she begged me to reconsider "because of Christmas!" and I told her no, and that that kind of mental thinking was what kept me from getting back on track for so long. There is ALWAYS something that will come up. There is always a party, or a holiday, or a social event, and I just cannot keep putting off eating better. Hopefully that's the end of it. sure i'll be back after today until the 29th, so I wish you all a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS! I thank you all for the support you give me!!

If we waited until there was not a holiday or upcoming special occasion to go on a diet or eat healthy or focus on our health in general, we would never do it.  There's New Years, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, summer BBQ's, 4th of July, birthdays, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, anniversaries, weddings, etc.  Every single month there is at least one holiday during which we are EXPECTED to eat poorly.  And people consider these holidays permission to eat poorly.  People think "I'll just start my diet after this ocassion" but then what happens the next month when there's another special ocassion?  There is never a good or convenient time to focus on your health, based on the U.S. calendar and planned holidays.  You are doing a great job by focusing on your health, no matter what holidays, parties, family gatherings, etc. are coming up!

If we waited until there was not a holiday or upcoming special occasion to go on a diet or eat healthy or focus on our health in general, we would never do it.  There's New Years, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, summer BBQ's, 4th of July, birthdays, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, anniversaries, weddings, etc.  Every single month there is at least one holiday during which we are EXPECTED to eat poorly.  And people consider these holidays permission to eat poorly.  People think "I'll just start my diet after this ocassion" but then what happens the next month when there's another special ocassion?  There is never a good or convenient time to focus on your health, based on the U.S. calendar and planned holidays.  You are doing a great job by focusing on your health, no matter what holidays, parties, family gatherings, etc. are coming up!

You are exactly right! This is my exact thought process! And I'm so glad I DID do this during the holidays as I feel VERY good today!

DAY 30!!!!!!

1/3 of the way through!

Let's go back to Christmas eve! I did very well. Lots of olives & veggies to snack on. My mom made PLAIN chicken wings in the crock pot, so I did have a bunch of them too! She showed me all of the gluten free desserts in case I "changed my mind" LOL. They did smell good, but I honestly wasn't tempted at all. I knew that one brownie would have done me in  and I'm glad I skipped it all.

Christmas Day. Mom's brunch. She made eggs without Milk, so I had those and a piece of sausage and some black coffee, that was it.

On the 26th, we went to my Step Sister's house for a kind of pot luck dinner. She had tons of prosciutto, and fresh home made guacamole! I ate a LOT of that. I also made Brussels sprouts and had a lot of them too. I did very well, and didn't feel like I was missing out, or hungry!

The rest of the weekend was downright HARD. Sitting at home after a holiday with no routine, or schedule being followed is always when I start to feel weak. My daughter has all these gluten free snacks in the house, AND my hubby got us the Ninja Coffee Bar! It makes a TON of specialty coffee drinks, and I wanted one soooo bad. I didn't give in though. I finally just came back to work today at 1:30 and I'm glad to get back to my routine.

last whole100, at the 30 day mark, I measured myself and had a full blow, ugly crying FIT because I had actually GAINED weight since the start of it. I almost quit. I cried. A lot. My husband wasn't very supportive, and I lost sight of my end goal. I ended up tossing the scale, but eventually buying a new one. I am happy to announce today, that I have  no inclination to step on that scale. It's taken A WHILE for me to learn (or accept) but I just don't care about the number on the scale anymore. It's just that. A number. It does not define me, or have any measure of me as a person. I wear clothes that make me look and feel good, and I love it. I am doing a whole100 which is the BEST thing I can do for my body and that's ALL I can do! I'm treating my body right, so who cares about the number inside my jeans, or the number on that scale? I don't.

You did terrific during the holidays! Yay for you!

I agree that being off the normal routines of life (whatever they may include) makes life harder. I know I function best on routines. 

Good realizations about the numbers on the scale and the numbers inside our clothing. Who gives a care? Making smart choices toward long-term health is much more important than those numbers. 

Keep up the good work! 

P.S. When is your colonoscopy? How have you been feeling with your GI stuff?

Hi!!! I had to introduce myself!!! I have a few of the same autoimmune issues that you are facing, and for me, they began when I was 28 years old. (For the record, I am not 28 years old now.) :) Hang in there. You'll get your answers. You are taking care of yourself and that puts you at a great advantage to deal with these things. Keep up the good work.

You did terrific during the holidays! Yay for you!

I agree that being off the normal routines of life (whatever they may include) makes life harder. I know I function best on routines. 

Good realizations about the numbers on the scale and the numbers inside our clothing. Who gives a care? Making smart choices toward long-term health is much more important than those numbers. 

Keep up the good work! 

P.S. When is your colonoscopy? How have you been feeling with your GI stuff?

My colonoscopy is on 1/25. My GI issues have seemed to calm down here recently. It always seems to "flare" and I'm not sure what causes it. I've still had some pain, but not like it was. It was a month straight of constant pain, but for now, it's calmed way back down again. I just have this creeping suspicion that I'm going to do this procedure for no reason, and to be told that they found nothing. At least, I'm trying, I suppose. That's all I can do. After this, I'm dropping the issue for awhile. I cannot afford to keep doing tests to be told everything is well! It sure doesn't feel like it.  

Hi!!! I had to introduce myself!!! I have a few of the same autoimmune issues that you are facing, and for me, they began when I was 28 years old. (For the record, I am not 28 years old now.) :) Hang in there. You'll get your answers. You are taking care of yourself and that puts you at a great advantage to deal with these things. Keep up the good work.

Hi OldLady! thanks for introducing yourself! I am no stranger to all these AI ailments. LOL. It took me about 8 years to get my Celiac Diagnosis, and now I just know there is something else going on. I guess I get to start the fight all over again, and I'm kind of losing hope!  I was sure the CT would find something but nope. Guess we'll see what the next set of procedures finds out, if anything.

Way to go, Britt! You did amazing over Christmas. I was actually more impressed by the fact that you got your Mom to make plain chicken wings and eggs without milk for you than by your self-discipline! :D I can imagine that sitting around after the holiday was really challenging. That has always been a period of indulging for me, and I know you love your coffee drinks.

I went through a long hunt for a diagnosis for a pelvic floor issue a number of years ago. I had one doctor who insisted to me that it was the medication I was on and didn't even bother to do anything. I finally found a caring doctor who did some testing and discovered that I had a rare condition that was treatable. I hope that you get a diagnosis, too. At least you will know that you did the major tests you could.

Does it get better when you are on the Whole30 or is that just a coincidence with the timing of the flare-up?

So impressed that you're doing this in December.... that's GREAT!!!!  I read back a little and am sorry you're having GI troubles.  I hope they find the problem and fix it soon.  I started another W30 today... you and Julie are so inspiring.   :)

Wow Britt !  you have done amazing !  and I am also impressed with your mom - even though she wanted you to -give it up- for the 2 days, she finally came around.  It is nice when your family finally realizes that this is how it is.  My mom also asks me now if there is something she isn't sure that I will eat. 

I'm sorry to hear about the CT scan - I totally get it that you hope to find something - anything.  I just had a hip xray - hoping too to see that there was an issue, but nope - bone is fine.  So now probably PT in my future - which I am trying to avoid by going to my yoga sessions.  Those are wayyyy cheaper than PT.

Happy New Year to you !

Way to go, Britt! You did amazing over Christmas. I was actually more impressed by the fact that you got your Mom to make plain chicken wings and eggs without milk for you than by your self-discipline! :D I can imagine that sitting around after the holiday was really challenging. That has always been a period of indulging for me, and I know you love your coffee drinks.

I went through a long hunt for a diagnosis for a pelvic floor issue a number of years ago. I had one doctor who insisted to me that it was the medication I was on and didn't even bother to do anything. I finally found a caring doctor who did some testing and discovered that I had a rare condition that was treatable. I hope that you get a diagnosis, too. At least you will know that you did the major tests you could.

Does it get better when you are on the Whole30 or is that just a coincidence with the timing of the flare-up?

Thank you Julie!!! I sure do miss my coffee drinks and it's so hard to see hubby making all these amazing drinks LOL.

I am glad that my mom had things that I could eat on Christmas! I think she knew I wasn't going to give it up, and so they made me something to eat.

As far as my stomach/intestinal issues: It's so hard to pinpoint what is causing the issue, but yes, I fee like whole30 DOES improve it. However, I still do get pain/uncomfortableness when I do it depending on what I eat. Whatever it is seems to be like a flare up, and then it dies down after a certain amount of time. I was in pain for over a month straight, and now it's finally died down. Part of me just wants to cancel the colonoscopy. I know they won't find anything as that is how it always is for me. If anything, I suspect maybe colitis. I just keep going back and forth. I'm not really afraid of the procedure, but it's a lot of prep, and a day off work. SIgh.

So impressed that you're doing this in December.... that's GREAT!!!!  I read back a little and am sorry you're having GI troubles.  I hope they find the problem and fix it soon.  I started another W30 today... you and Julie are so inspiring.   :)

YAY!!! Donna's back! :)

Did you start a new journal!?

Wow Britt !  you have done amazing !  and I am also impressed with your mom - even though she wanted you to -give it up- for the 2 days, she finally came around.  It is nice when your family finally realizes that this is how it is.  My mom also asks me now if there is something she isn't sure that I will eat. 

I'm sorry to hear about the CT scan - I totally get it that you hope to find something - anything.  I just had a hip xray - hoping too to see that there was an issue, but nope - bone is fine.  So now probably PT in my future - which I am trying to avoid by going to my yoga sessions.  Those are wayyyy cheaper than PT.

Happy New Year to you !

Thank you Tina! I am feeling pretty good!

I was disappointed that the CT scan showed nothing. I know that sounds horrible, but I was in so much pain. I can't imagine what it could be, and after the allergic reaction, I was hoping it was at least worth it! LOL

I'll most likely go forward with the colonoscopy and after that, I'm going to drop it. I don't know what else I could do at that point.

Day 35!!

Happy New Year!

I didn't do anything special, and was in bed at 9pm. This is what being a mother does to you! I could care less about NYE celebrations anymore. haha.

Everything has been going good, and I'm still compliant. My face is breaking out something horrible, but I believe it's hormonal as my period is right around the corner. The bloat seems to be lessening but I'm not feeling my jeans get any bigger yet. Last time, around day 55, I could no longer wear my work pants as they were FALLING off of me. So I hope I get back to that point again!

I am surprised by my not caring about my weight. Really. I've been weight obsessed my entire life. I always wanted to see what that scale said. I got on every day. It's been 35 days and I'm just like "what scale?" (I did weigh before I started). It just really clicked for me, and I'm so happy with it. I just don't care about that number anymore!

I DO need to start exercising. That was my goal after I hit the 30 day mark, and I've yet to do anything. When it's cold out, I like to do the walk at home DVD's but refuse to do them if my husband is still up because I feel so stupid doing them. LOL. Hopefully tonight I can get on track!

I've been thinking a lot about my after Whole100 life again. I think I'm going to eat compliant until I'm in a situation where something I deem worth it presents itself. my ONE GOAL this year is to STAY PALEO (with the exception of my 1 week vacation in April). Even if I have some sugar here and there, I'd love to stay paleo, but with my new fancy coffee maker, I'm not sure if that will happen or not. I've got some things to iron out, but I think I'm going to do better post100 because of how comfortable I feel right now!

here's to hoping!

Oh yes!

My other BIG goal this year is to run my 10th half marathon in the fall. I've been sitting on 9 half's and 1 full marathon run, and I want to get to 10 half's. I haven't really run in over 18 months, so I'd have to get back our there this spring and summer to train. I know I can do it.

Britt, I know those scale numbers meant a lot to you, so kudos for letting that go!  I understand the exercising while hubby is up comment.  I feel so silly and hate that the WII makes those womp womp sounds if I don't do something well.  Guess I need a different DVD that's more kind and quiet.  Maybe Richard Simmons is still around - ha ha.  I know you like to run so I'm doing an early Spring dance for both of us!

LOL Donna! The wii! That's too funny. I get the Leslie Sansone Walk at Home DVD's. They are great. Slightly cheesy, but they really get your heart pumping and I'm usually covered in sweat once I'm done! I lost 7 lbs a few years back just doing those DVD's.

Archived