SimpleNotEasy's Whole 30 Log December 2015

SimpleNotEasy

Also - we are having a lazy Sunday morning here (sick kiddo and just tired from the holidays), so I pulled up the movie "That Sugar Film" Brewer suggested on Amazon Prime. I just started watching it on the sofa on my laptop with my hubby next to me & we watched the whole thing. Interesting! Convincing.

My hubby is a skeptic by nature. He's a math guy and can figure out stats and stuff easily, so he wasn't totally convinced, but there was a part with about 25 minutes left in the movie caught his attention. This was where the point was made that so many people only know a life of eating a bunch of sugar, so they can't imagine the clarity of thought they may be missing out out on.

Like me, my hubby is a sugar addict. He wouldn't say so, but he's just not there yet, as I haven't been there yet. He HAS cut way back on his coke consumption since I've been eating paleo (for the most part, except when I wasn't - lol) these past 3 years. So I am grateful for the strides he has made. He is a moderator, so it's a little hard for him to understand my abstainer ways. He is supportive, though, and wants me to be in a good place with my food and body. Precious man. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love all this!  Yes, I'm in.  Now that I've written this in several logs.  Lol. 

I'll maintain my Reintro Log to keep track of my own specific reactions to certain foods at certain times, but re: sugar and abstinence vs. moderation (and the rest of the world thinking I'm a weirdo - except for you guys) I'm in for a group log.  My proposed names are:

Whole30DragonSlayers

SugarAddictsRUs

All Shake, No Bake

P.S. - Sara I don't think you're a flake.  I've done vegetarianism (as a teen) and did L.A. Weightloss peripherally as my husband did it "for real."  I just did IIFYM and could easily have had another 11 years of bouncing from plan to plan if it weren't for the Whole30.  I absolutely think you need to do the reintroductions so that you're not afraid of riding your own bike - the Whole30 suggests that staying in the safety net of the strict rules of the Whole30 is NOT what they intend and NOT doing reintros out of fear (vs. true aversion of the foods) is the worst possible reason to not do reintros.

Day 28

Things are going along... just a couple more days of "official" Whole 30. I feel a lot less anxiety now that I've had the awareness to devise a plan to not reintroduce sugar. Also, knowing that I'll have accountability, support and friendship continuing on here in the forums feels great. Yay - Ali, Lauren, and Laura! And our other friends Brewer, Kirkor, Liz and Britt. 

I made my way over to the gym today to take something to my son (his plans changed while he was there working out) and stayed to walk on the treadmill. It is colder than usual here after a big front that came in on Saturday night, so walking outside was not that appealing today. It's the wind more than the temperature, actually. My poor puppy girl (age 6, but she's still my puppy girl) is bored to tears. I think it will warm up tomorrow.

I listened to Jimmy Moore's Livin' La Vida Low Carb podcast while walking. He was interviewing Dr. Ron Rosedale. One of the first things which came up was hair loss when eating ketogenically. Dr. Rosedale's theory is that when the body is shifting to burning ketones instead of glucose for energy, all the hormones in the body are affected. Some people do indeed lose hair during this shift. The hair loss seems to go on longer than some of the other things because 1. it is so noticeable and 2. it takes a long time for hair to grow back. But he says that when the hair does grow back, it is healthier, better hair. Interesting. Jimmy Moore said that he has heard of people minimizing hair loss with biotin and vitamin C. If I go back to keto (likely), I will definitely try that. I don't want to lose any more hair, that is for certain. It doesn't look bad to others, but it is MUCH thinner than it was before my ketogenic summer of 2015. Brewer - I thought you would be interested to read this. 

Something else on my mind is what goals I want to set regarding fitness/exercise for 2016. I'm a yoga teacher, and this fall, I committed myself to teaching two classes per week and attending two classes per week. I am interested in returning to lifting weights and I also like the idea Karen and Brewer have to walk 2016 steps in 2016. This averages to 5.5 miles per day, which for me would be around 13,000 steps, I think (according to my Fitbit). My life doesn't allow for me to do ALL of these things, so I need to consider which of them are top priority at this time. It is possible that I need to take a seasonal approach to juggle my kids' sports schedules and that type thing. So I'm pondering.

I think that is all that I have to report at the moment.  :)

Jimmy Moore said that he has heard of people minimizing hair loss with biotin and vitamin C. 

See, this is what I was trying to say about this -- not that it doesn't ever happen, but that there are other factors involved when it does.

I know that it's a huge shift for the body, and we go through lots of changes.  So what you've said makes total sense.

That's what I was hoping -- that if you really wanted to try it again, you could figure out what could be done differently to keep this from happening.  I hate to see someone lose out on all the other benefits of ketosis, when it could be just a few small changes that need to be made, you know?

Something else on my mind is what goals I want to set regarding fitness/exercise for 2016. I'm a yoga teacher, and this fall, I committed myself to teaching two classes per week and attending two classes per week. I am interested in returning to lifting weights and I also like the idea Karen and Brewer have to walk 2016 steps in 2016. This averages to 5.5 miles per day, which for me would be around 13,000 steps, I think (according to my Fitbit). My life doesn't allow for me to do ALL of these things, so I need to consider which of them are top priority at this time. It is possible that I need to take a seasonal approach to juggle my kids' sports schedules and that type thing. So I'm pondering.

Yoga teacher! That's awesome! I love yoga! That's so good for your health. I had a one month free membership to a nearby gym and went to yoga about once a week and loved it, but then the free membership ran out...oh well, maybe in the future!

What are you most interested in doing, as far as exercise? Do you want to do more cardio? Or strength train? Or teach yoga more? I have to have a goal that I am working towards (hence, the marathon training) and I find that really motivating. The 2016 step goal does sound like an interesting one. 13,000 steps per day sounds like a lot to me...maybe if you did that you could just have that goal for 4-5 days per week, so you won't feel obligated or pressured (or stressed) to get that many steps in every day? Just a thought. I highly promote scheduled rest days too. I love exercising and feeling that sense of accomplishment both during and afterwards. But, I also love a scheduled rest day where I have no physical activity planned. I don't feel guilty one bit about not exercising on those days, because it is so important to rest and relax. Bike riding is also a good low impact sport. I bought a new bike about 1/2 a year ago and I love that thing. My husband gave me a bike trainer for my birthday so that on bad weather days I can ride my bike in the living room. How nice!

• Whole30 Certified Coach

Can you walk to yoga :) ?  I wish I could remember the name of the lady on the one I listened to, I'd tell you to skip it!

I wish I had a yoga friend near by - I have so many questions about form but I can't ever ask in the totally jam packed classes I go to.  

I put yoga in with flossing.  I know it's good for me, but I consider it a pain in the ass to do.  I definitely floss more regularly than I do yoga.

Mind you, one of the ladies here went to yoga teacher school in Bali, so my workout buddies and I are going to get her to come teach a private class for us at our regular noon-hour workout gym (there's a small studio room off to the side of the main gym that we can use).

I don't normally make resolutions, but I've got some shaping up:

1) Quit eating my baked goods (notice I haven't fully committed to quitting baking full-stop, for others.  Notice also that I haven't completely ruled out that I might eat someone else's baked goods - I still have my fingers crossed that I'll get to go to Paris & Antwerp & Amsterdam in 2016 and I'm absolutely trying French macarons at a proper Parisian bakery).  All stuff to track in our new thread (the one Laura is setting up!).

2) Give yoga an honest try (a.k.a. really put myself into it for at least 30 days.  Because we know how magical 30 days can be).

3) Give the same attention and priority to proper sleep habits as I have to nutrition/eating habits.

Yoga teacher! That's awesome! I love yoga! That's so good for your health. I had a one month free membership to a nearby gym and went to yoga about once a week and loved it, but then the free membership ran out...oh well, maybe in the future!

What are you most interested in doing, as far as exercise? Do you want to do more cardio? Or strength train? Or teach yoga more? I have to have a goal that I am working towards (hence, the marathon training) and I find that really motivating. The 2016 step goal does sound like an interesting one. 13,000 steps per day sounds like a lot to me...maybe if you did that you could just have that goal for 4-5 days per week, so you won't feel obligated or pressured (or stressed) to get that many steps in every day? Just a thought. I highly promote scheduled rest days too. I love exercising and feeling that sense of accomplishment both during and afterwards. But, I also love a scheduled rest day where I have no physical activity planned. I don't feel guilty one bit about not exercising on those days, because it is so important to rest and relax. Bike riding is also a good low impact sport. I bought a new bike about 1/2 a year ago and I love that thing. My husband gave me a bike trainer for my birthday so that on bad weather days I can ride my bike in the living room. How nice!

Good thoughts about the exercise goals. My husband said he'd do the 2016 miles in 2016 with me. He said setting a weekly goal is a good way to keep up with it so that if we get a little behind or a little ahead, we have a way to track that and stay on track. He's a math guy, so having him on board with this is terrific! Plus, it will be so good for our marriage! We decided that we need to have our 5.5 miles before we watch our TV show (an indulgence for us) at night. So we will be walking and talking more and vegging in front of the TV less. Win-win! I agree that having a rest day is awesome... most especially when weight training and running or doing HIIT. I think with walking, it may not be as key, since it is so low impact and so many of my steps are logged by cleaning up the house, grocery shopping, etc.

I put yoga in with flossing.  I know it's good for me, but I consider it a pain in the ass to do.  I definitely floss more regularly than I do yoga.

Mind you, one of the ladies here went to yoga teacher school in Bali, so my workout buddies and I are going to get her to come teach a private class for us at our regular noon-hour workout gym (there's a small studio room off to the side of the main gym that we can use).

I don't normally make resolutions, but I've got some shaping up:

1) Quit eating my baked goods (notice I haven't fully committed to quitting baking full-stop, for others.  Notice also that I haven't completely ruled out that I might eat someone else's baked goods - I still have my fingers crossed that I'll get to go to Paris & Antwerp & Amsterdam in 2016 and I'm absolutely trying French macarons at a proper Parisian bakery).  All stuff to track in our new thread (the one Laura is setting up!).

2) Give yoga an honest try (a.k.a. really put myself into it for at least 30 days.  Because we know how magical 30 days can be).

3) Give the same attention and priority to proper sleep habits as I have to nutrition/eating habits.

Lauren - one thing about yoga - if you try to view it as "exercise," it may continue to feel like a PIA. For me, it is more about meeting with God on the mat and letting go of stress through the breath than it is about exercise. I bet you will enjoy a small class with a few others rather than just trying to establish your own solo-practice right off the bat. I like the idea of giving it 30 days. What do you plan? Maybe a couple of sun salutations first thing in the morning on days when you don't have class? Or something else?

Can you walk to yoga :) ?  I wish I could remember the name of the lady on the one I listened to, I'd tell you to skip it!

I wish I had a yoga friend near by - I have so many questions about form but I can't ever ask in the totally jam packed classes I go to.  

Laura - I wish I could walk to yoga - or anywhere - but I live in suburbia. This means that there is no possibility of walking "to" any destination. It's all driving, all the way. I can park a little farther from Costco and walk through the parking lot. :)

Can you check in with the yoga instructor before or after a class with a form question? Or are they not really available that way? I know it depends a lot of the individual as to how open they are to talking outside class. There are a ton of great sites online if you are interested in looking things up. But I know there is nothing like having someone look at your form to give individual feedback. 

Day 29. 

I was reading on Brewer's log how she realized that she is almost never sad or angry anymore. She was saying that when she looks back a couple of months and recalls what she felt like, it seems like she's looking at a different person. She attributes the difference to stable blood sugar. 

I must say, this really resonates with me in regards to my Whole 30 experience. My October and November were emotionally very low. Depression reared it's ugly head in my life and I was a mess. I woke up frequently feeling guilt and shame from my eating and drinking choices the day before. I think that the swings in my blood sugar were likely contributors to the swings in my moods. During this December Whole 30, I have not felt depressed one time. I think I'm being honest when I write this. When I look back to the prior two months, it does feel as if I'm looking a different person's life. I wrote on my first post of this log that I was grabbing hold of this Whole 30 as a lifeline. It absolutely has been that. I have felt peaceful and stable during a month when it would have been easy to be stressed out, exhausted and emotionally in the dumps. I have felt pleased with my eating choices almost every single day (aside from the one day when I ate way too many almonds and they ended up being my lunch - but even that was so much different than before this Whole 30). I am beyond grateful! 

Day 29. 

I was reading on Brewer's log how she realized that she is almost never sad or angry anymore. She was saying that when she looks back a couple of months and recalls what she felt like, it seems like she's looking at a different person. She attributes the difference to stable blood sugar. 

I must say, this really resonates with me in regards to my Whole 30 experience. My October and November were emotionally very low. Depression reared it's ugly head in my life and I was a mess. I woke up frequently feeling guilt and shame from my eating and drinking choices the day before. I think that the swings in my blood sugar were likely contributors to the swings in my moods. During this December Whole 30, I have not felt depressed one time. I think I'm being honest when I write this. When I look back to the prior two months, it does feel as if I'm looking a different person's life. I wrote on my first post of this log that I was grabbing hold of this Whole 30 as a lifeline. It absolutely has been that. I have felt peaceful and stable during a month when it would have been easy to be stressed out, exhausted and emotionally in the dumps. I have felt pleased with my eating choices almost every single day (aside from the one day when I ate way too many almonds and they ended up being my lunch - but even that was so much different than before this Whole 30). I am beyond grateful! 

I read this on Brewer's post yesterday too and it got me thinking also.  I used to have mood cycles that went with my blood sugar and binge cycles.  I would feel bad, regretful, and discouraged often.  They were unstable and volatile, and my husband would blame them on hormones, and for a little while there I thought maybe they were hormones (the female kind.) But now I am thinking it has to do with my eating habits.  I mean, you can't blame being upset a few times a week on hormones when it happens multiple times a month...and now I get it.  I agree with you, Sara, that my attitude and affect have changed for the better.  I do occasionally get stressed, but as far as mood swings--they just don't exist anymore.  I don't know if I had realized this until reading Brewer's post last night and your post today. One additional mood enhancing behavior that I have noticed in myself is that I have not been seasonally depressed--you know, S.A.D.?  This is the first winter in a few years that I have not felt depressed or sad that the days are short and it's always dark and it's cold.  And I really do think it has to do with my food choices.  I don't know if it's bread or sugar or whatever previous thing I used to eat that was promoting S.A.D., but it's gone!  Hooray! :)

Lets see if this works. So far, I haven't been able to figure out making it work to post a photo. Doh!

Nope - any tips for the digitally challenged? Im on an iPhone.

I use either an iPad or a computer, and when you go to 'More Reply Options' next to the 'Reply' button, it gives you the option to Upload photos.  You have to press the Upload photo button, then accept the photo, and then actually place the photo into the body of the post in order to get it to stick.  Once you see an attachment added to the body of the text, it should show up.

SNE - Sorry I've been absent for a few days! I just love reading your blog, and the amazing responses you get from the other ladies! I hope that if you start a new thread that I can follow along even though I'm not done until March!

And if you are feeling good, and don't want to stop, you can always extend your Whole30. I know it's not for everyone, but that's why I ended up doing my first Whole100 back in May. I felt so so good at the end of 30 days, and I didn't trust myself yet, to go back to introduction and make good decisions, so I extended it. Best thing I ever did. 100 days of clean eating made a HUGE difference in my life. That's why I was so ready to do another one. I simply think I need to spend about 90% of my year eating like this. I cannot moderate, I have proved that over and over to myself. With my AI issues, I have a lot of intolerances and I've done reintro before and it always leads down the same road. My end goal is fuzzy. I want to be able to eat something "here or there" but it never ever works that way.

I use either an iPad or a computer, and when you go to 'More Reply Options' next to the 'Reply' button, it gives you the option to Upload photos.  You have to press the Upload photo button, then accept the photo, and then actually place the photo into the body of the post in order to get it to stick.  Once you see an attachment added to the body of the text, it should show up.

Aha! Thanks, Ali. I think this is the step I've been missing after attaching the photo. :) Let me give it a try...

Good question Sara.  I hadn't really thought about a DAILY practice for 30 days (although I suppose that would be ideal).  I'm used to training that is based on 3-6 days per week and would count my rest days as part of the thirty day total.  Yoga's not really like that.  And it would be good to devote that time to God - He gets pushed to the back burner far too often (i.e. I devote more time to social media than to Bible study, even with in-person group accountability!).  So maybe once the teacher does some private lessons with us I can incorporate some "moves" or poses or "flows" into a little daily ritual.

Re: photos - from an iPhone I also have to go to Full Version and Full Reply to even get the option to upload a photo and then there's the extra step that Alison mentioned about actually embedding it in the post.

Good luck!

-Lauren

P.S. - See you in the DragonSlayers thread.

P.P.S. - Yes, I agree that my mood was much better during the Whole30.  I've had clinical depression on and off over the years but never took notice of my food at the time.  I was certainly in a funk over my Paleo baking & chocolate binge, but I thought it was JUST from the mental aspect of losing control.  I never considered that the content of the food themselves would make me feel mentally/emotionally poorly, only physically poorly.

P.P.P.S. - I'm still in awe that you have FOUR kids.  As much as I would love another, I get overwhelmed sometimes just thinking about 2.  And yours were spaced close together!

post-6067-0-79661500-1451430091_thumb.pn

Maybe I've got it... this is the first time I've seen the "add to post" option pop up, even while on the laptop (which I am now).

Ok - I got it, but it's tiny. The whole point of adding this particular photo was that it was a screen shot from the app where I take photos of my food. 

So the funny story that went with it was that I ordered this delicious salad with olive oil and vinegar on the side. I poured it on, but something about the vinegar seemed the wrong texture. Then I sniffed the empty vinegar container, and guess what it was? Maple syrup!!! lol I was promptly given another salad with an apology. :) :) :)

SNE - Sorry I've been absent for a few days! I just love reading your blog, and the amazing responses you get from the other ladies! I hope that if you start a new thread that I can follow along even though I'm not done until March!

And if you are feeling good, and don't want to stop, you can always extend your Whole30. I know it's not for everyone, but that's why I ended up doing my first Whole100 back in May. I felt so so good at the end of 30 days, and I didn't trust myself yet, to go back to introduction and make good decisions, so I extended it. Best thing I ever did. 100 days of clean eating made a HUGE difference in my life. That's why I was so ready to do another one. I simply think I need to spend about 90% of my year eating like this. I cannot moderate, I have proved that over and over to myself. With my AI issues, I have a lot of intolerances and I've done reintro before and it always leads down the same road. My end goal is fuzzy. I want to be able to eat something "here or there" but it never ever works that way.

Hi Britt! Thanks for your kind words. Please do follow along after tomorrow in the Post Whole 30 log section on the new Sugar Dragon Slayers thread. :) 

I thought about carrying on for a Whole 60 or something like that, but I decided that reintros are a good idea for me. It will be helpful to test out some theories I have (like that dairy contributes to depression and that gluten messes with my blood sugar too much to be worth it for me) and to move forward with that knowledge. My plan is to carry on eating primarily Whole 30 style, but without quite the tight restrictions so that it will be a little easier to go over to someone's house for dinner or out to a restaurant.

At the moment, I am planning to save alcohol for special occasions, which means at the very least social situations, not simply because I'm cooking spaghetti squash with meat marinara sauce. :) We will see how that works. I may end up deciding to be a total abstainer, which I was for most of my life until I had my fourth baby! I reached a point where at times, I wanted a little somethin' somthin' to take the edge off. :)

You are awesome to do a Whole 100 and since you have done it before, you will succeed again, I feel sure. I hear ya that the end goal is a little fuzzy. I keep writing to help myself clarify what I want. I really enjoy the forums here - having some feedback is really nice, don't you think? I'll have to pop over to your log and check on how you're doing. Hope that your GI issues are beginning to improve!

Good question Sara.  I hadn't really thought about a DAILY practice for 30 days (although I suppose that would be ideal).  I'm used to training that is based on 3-6 days per week and would count my rest days as part of the thirty day total.  Yoga's not really like that.  And it would be good to devote that time to God - He gets pushed to the back burner far too often (i.e. I devote more time to social media than to Bible study, even with in-person group accountability!).  So maybe once the teacher does some private lessons with us I can incorporate some "moves" or poses or "flows" into a little daily ritual.

Re: photos - from an iPhone I also have to go to Full Version and Full Reply to even get the option to upload a photo and then there's the extra step that Alison mentioned about actually embedding it in the post.

Good luck!

-Lauren

P.S. - See you in the DragonSlayers thread.

P.P.S. - Yes, I agree that my mood was much better during the Whole30.  I've had clinical depression on and off over the years but never took notice of my food at the time.  I was certainly in a funk over my Paleo baking & chocolate binge, but I thought it was JUST from the mental aspect of losing control.  I never considered that the content of the food themselves would make me feel mentally/emotionally poorly, only physically poorly.

P.P.P.S. - I'm still in awe that you have FOUR kids.  As much as I would love another, I get overwhelmed sometimes just thinking about 2.  And yours were spaced close together!

Sounds like we have even more in common than the sugar dragon, Lauren. :) I never really considered that the content of my food would contribute to my depression, either. I think that the first time I got an inkling of this was when I learned about "excitotoxins" that mess with satiety signals. That piece of info was what empowered me to quit a 22 year Diet Coke habit. But that's still more physical than emotional, right? It's only been in the past couple years that I've started to consider the emotional effects of food. Part of it is definitely the cycle of bingeing and feeling guilt and shame and disappointment in myself, then resolving to do better, then falling flat again. But part of it may indeed be the blood sugar swings and other ways that hormones are affected by the foods themselves. 

So since you mentioned Bible study, I wanted to let you know that the style of yoga I teach is called Holy Yoga. Maybe you would like to look at our website, www.holyyoga.net. We use Bible verses for our meditation and the intention of getting on the mat, like I was writing earlier, is to meet with God. There are some free short classes offered on YouTube by a couple of different Holy Yoga instructors, I believe. So, I'm throwing that out there for you to peruse at your leisure. 

Having 4 kids in a short span has been one of the biggest blessings and one of the biggest challenges of my life. I'd never change it, but I also try not to sugar coat it. I know that I would not be the person I am today without having the family I have, and I am grateful for how they have shaped me. 

Funny - I just re-read my October 2013 log and found that I intended to do reintros back then at the end of that Whole 30. I didn't record anything except the first thing I tried - Greek yogurt - but nothing about the reaction I had to it. Lol. Clearly whatever I learned by whatever I ended up trying did not "stick" with me.

Ok, so tomorrow is Day 30. I can't find my ISWF (we had a major remodel of our house in 2015, so some things are still not "back where they belong"), but I have re-read some of the articles about reintros here. Here is what I'm considering. Open to input!

Reintros

Day 1 (which is New Year's Eve) - having 2 glasses of red wine during the evening with our friends who will be in town

Day 2, 3 Whole 30

Day 4 legumes at all 3 meals - peanut butter, black beans & pinto beans

Days 5, 6 Whole 30

Day 7 non-gluten grains - oatmeal, white rice, white rice

Days 8, 9 Whole 30

Day 10 dairy - cream in coffee, cheese, butter

Days 11, 12 Whole 30

Day 13 gluten - sourdough bread, banana muffin (no sweetener, just the banana), homemade pizza crust (no cheese, just the crust as a "breadstick")

Ok - but here is the thing. I think this seems like a good reintro schedule. I like the idea of learning how these foods affect me group by group. But I believe my intention is to go back to a Whole 30-ish way of eating and quite possibly a ketogenic way of eating. So I know that most of the things I am testing during reintros will not work for me going forward. Should I still do this? Is knowledge power? Or will this make me miserable and for what?

Hello Sara: I've read several places that we should not reintroduce foods we do not intend to eat again. I.e. even within a group, sample only things you are thinking you might want to eat, and you might eliminate soy or gluten or another group of foods, for example, if you were sensitive.

I wouldn't try to plan the whole thing out either.  For example if you have a reaction to the legumes, are you going to go back and test them one by one to see which one it was?  Or let's say you get the chance to eat buttered squid but it's not your official "dairy" day - will you adapt on the fly?

I think knowledge is power and testing within the "safe" parameters of a structured Whole30 is wise.  Despite the best intentions to eat Whole30 most of the time, wouldn't it be nice to at least have a sense of what's going to happen if you eat something off plan, so that you can make better decisions about when and whether to "off-road"?

Just my $0.02.  Clearly I'm figuring this out, too.  Tomorrow (NYE) is my butter (only butter, not ALL dairy) re-intro!

Cheers,

-Lauren (GGG)

Sara, I just got all caught up with this -- and I am admittedly tired -- but there are two things that stand out to me:

1)  You and your husband are on-board for the 2016 in 2016 -- that is so cool!  What you said really resonated with me (and my husband).  The time that we spend out walking around the neighborhood is precious.  It is almost the only uninterrupted time we have to talk.  We really started it as a habit this summer, and we've been bummed about winter coming.  (We're in Indiana -- lucky you in TEXAS.   :blink: )  ...And we also enjoy watching "our show" and having a drink when he's home, so -- I get it.  What a great plan.   :)

2)  I use an old photobucket account I had for pictures -- and that is why my pictures show up nice and BIG.  Upload them to photobucket, then copy the "IMG" link and paste it right into your message, wherever you want it.  That's my method.

---------

As far as reintroductions, if you are not feeling strong and safe -- wait until you are, to do so.  It can be a Whole 32, 37, 45...  I mean, YOU decide when the time is right for you.  And if you need someone to hold you accountable so you don't end up going completely off the rails....  I will drive you absolutely nuts with private messages, if you ask me to.   :lol:

Day 30!!! I can't express how grateful I am for these past 30 days. 

I'm considering what the plan shall be from here. Reintros do not feel safe - of primary importance to me for my emotional health is not to reawaken the sugar dragon. So I am not going to do the schedule I wrote last night. Not sure yet what I WILL do, but for now, just stay on track with Whole 30 as I figure that out. :) I know for sure that this works for me, so a few more days or weeks while I settle how to go forward is not a big deal. 

Archived