Allison's First Whole30

Alliruetwo

Officially starting my Whole30 in the morning.  Sitting here tonite, having overeaten almost all day, I am bloated and to be honest, a little nauseous.  I can't sleep and it is time to make this change in my life.  I have had the book since September (read it in less than two days).  Hubby did a whole30 in October and did really well.  While he was doing his whole30, I was pretending to do it with him  :(  Time to stop pretending and actually do this for my health.  I am not a "planner" per se.  I have the foods that I need already stocked in the house etc.  Now it is simply a matter of doing what I know I need to do.  At the end of each day I will be posting what I have eaten, just to hold myself accountable.  I REALLY can DO THIS  :D

Yes, you certainly can do this, Allison!

Focus on making meals that follow the template and EATING and ENJOYING them. The benefit of that is you'll be nourishing yourself and will be satisfied for hours Without depriving yourself and without feeling guilty.

I re-discovered something called satiety and it's a revelation! To eat enough and then stop and be satisfied and not feel hinge pry or need to snack between meals. Who knew! :-)

Also, I'd urge you NOT to focus on your weight or a number. That's a good way to interfere with the natural process of healthy eating you want to encourage. That number WILL drop, if that's your goal, but NOT while you're focused on it. Ignore it until your 30 days are up!

And be mindful of your non scale victories (NSVs) as they will occur every day. Some of mine include a steady supply of both energy and calm. Again, who knew? :-)

There's a ton of support here for you and lots of resources. Also, you might consider subscribing to the Whole30 Daily emails. They are well worth the small cost, and very informative and motivating. And each day includes an "I did it!" link to a digital treat.

Thanks!  I weighed yesterday and had already taken my measurements a few days ago (as well as a picture).  I will not step on scale or do measurements of any kind until this first 30 is over.  Thank you for the encouragement, much appreciated!!

THAT is already an accomplishment! Good for you for not being a slave to the scale! Great job already!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived