Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alisonlcarver

Care to share your favorite Homemade Ketchup Recipes?

I've made this one before

https://notinmoderation.wordpress.com/2011/08/26/nailed-it-ryan-wilders-wicked-easy-paleo-ketchup/

I think I may be the only paleo person who doesn't say "I'd never go back to Hellman's, Heinz, ranch dressing..." after making my own paleo/W30 version.  I won't lie - I have the "I put ketchup on my ketchup" t-shirt and its true.  I view fries as a carrier for ketchup!

This is good for the W30 though :)  

I really love this one, especially as it's used in other recipes from Well Fed. It's more its own thing than the same as Heinz, and I find it satisfying--though even tastier in something like chicken nan king or awesome sauce.

I mostly wing mine these days. 

Made some yesterday by just pouring about a cup of tomate puree into a small saucepan and adding salt, a little pepper, ground ginger and ground cloves. Stirred, brought everything to a boil and then simmered on a low setting for about half an hour. It turned out delicious. 

Thanks everyone! :)

Is Tessemae's ketchup available in stores anywhere? I have checked my local Whole Foods and it's not in my local store. I would like to try it, but don't want to pay for shipping.

Alison, it's in my local Whole Foods. Do you have a food coop? You might also find it there. (Haven't looked yet for it at mine.)

If you have $20 or more in your cart at Tessamae.com, the shipping is only $7.00.