My Virus Software is Detecting Threats

Rebe_J

In trying to read forum posts here, my Avast anti-virus software is giving me frequent warnings of threats. I'm getting it whether I'm using Firefox or Edge.

Anyone else? Or is it just me?

Thanks.

Edit: I just read a few posts in another thread. It's not me. I'll check back later.

Me, neither.  This is the first time for probs.

I've noticed a few have avatar photos and the rest of us don't.   :D  I'm wondering if those who have photos are extra special and those who don't are in the doghouse.  :lol:

As a test,  the haves could try and change their photo and see if they end up with the have-nots.  Would be a good test.

I can't upload an avatar. 

• Moderators

Me, neither.  This is the first time for probs.

I've noticed a few have avatar photos and the rest of us don't.   :D  I'm wondering if those who have photos are extra special and those who don't are in the doghouse.  :lol:

As a test,  the haves could try and change their photo and see if they end up with the have-nots.  Would be a good test.

I can't upload an avatar. 

Melissa addressed the avatar photo thing here, they're still working on things. Hopefully it'll all be back to normal soon.

For the system pros.  I can't google search any Whole 30 subject outside of the forum... computer completely blocks.  I use Avast Premier, not the free version but the approx. $300.yr version.  They've reset my computer twice.  I can't move through any topics or pull up any profile.  I can type this response in safemode with someone shadowing me. 

I had no trouble changing my profile picture, but I get frequent notices that a threat was blocked. My browser (Firefox) gets reset, too.

My Avast tech support has been shadowing me.  I can pull up the Whole 9 blog/articles and I can pull up old thread links I've saved in weeks past through personal emails.  My post whole log, old threads  I  was on. When I access the old thread, I can log on and even change my avatar photo. 

If I try to ease my way towards the homepage of the forum,  I'm blocked and have to reboot everything.

I saved this thread link and sent it to myself in a personal email so I can return.  With tech support shadowing me, the minute I hit the home page, the threat blocked notice comes up and it gives the 'koshtimosti' (real name as the source).  When I hit the 'forums' tab to the far upper left, I have to reboot.  I won't hit.  Yes,  I know this link is on the homepage but I can only get here through a private email.   If I try to move from this post,  I'm gone.

Would you check your message and see what it's giving you.  They've run every cleaner device, my system is clean.  

My tech support has shadowed me.    We've tested other sites and forums and it's not happening.  I've written to google and avast. 

I had no trouble changing my profile picture, but I get frequent notices that a threat was blocked. My browser (Firefox) gets reset, too.

Ooo, one more thing.  Whoever I rub shoulders with on a thread I can access, like this one, I can now look at your profile, Rebe or Tom's,  without being blocked.   I can give you likes through your profile, too.  

I am literally 'threading' my way back through the needle.  One day, I hope to get back to the needle.

I get the virus warning when I click on "View New Content" and it doesn't matter which browser I'm using: Firefox or Edge.

Same here.  I cannot view new content on my profile or anyone's profile.  I still can't get to the homepage.  I can wind my way through the old posts but not the new.   I'm just sticking to my old threads and it's alright. 

Google is my browser and I've tried others.   Maw's computer, same issues. 

• 1 month later...

I am also getting warnings from Kaspersky with Google Chrome any time I visit a forum portion of the Whole30 pages.  

It's saying: Dangerous URL Blocked.  

The URL (that I don't want to post in case it's a bad link) is from koshikimoshki.com, and the in the Reason field for Kaspersky, it says the URL is listed in database of malicious URLs. 

I'm still able to access, and it just blocks that specific URL function (which may or may not have anything to do with the Whole30 setup?). Anywho, hopefully that helps?

I am also getting warnings from Kaspersky with Google Chrome any time I visit a forum portion of the Whole30 pages.  

It's saying: Dangerous URL Blocked.  

The URL (that I don't want to post in case it's a bad link) is from koshikimoshki.com, and the in the Reason field for Kaspersky, it says the URL is listed in database of malicious URLs. 

I'm still able to access, and it just blocks that specific URL function (which may or may not have anything to do with the Whole30 setup?). Anywho, hopefully that helps?

I had those same problems, same error messages for weeks.  I contacted Avast.   I changed my internet settings and include this site as an exception.   It took several calls/resetting internet options before it finally stopped. 

Control panel

Internet options

Trusted sites....add   https://forum.whole30.com

• 1 month later...

Anyone else's AV software detecting viruses on the forum?

I'm getting a message on pretty much everything I've clicked on so far saying a threat has been blocked from 'moshkikoskhi.com' - when I read the AV log it says it the site is linked via the forum.

I'm currently using Sophos.

ETA: just spotted kristinx10's post above from February - it wasn't happening to me then, but it is now....

Anyone else's AV software detecting viruses on the forum?

I'm getting a message on pretty much everything I've clicked on so far saying a threat has been blocked from 'moshkikoskhi.com' - when I read the AV log it says it the site is linked via the forum.

I'm currently using Sophos.

ETA: just spotted kristinx10's post above from February - it wasn't happening to me then, but it is now....

Same thing happened to me for weeks, only with this site.  I added W30 to my trusted sites ie. my post up above.  It stopped.  Contact your virus protector and let them know.   

My Avast tech support has been shadowing me.  I can pull up the Whole 9 blog/articles and I can pull up old thread links I've saved in weeks past through personal emails.  My post whole log, old threads  I  was on. When I access the old thread, I can log on and even change my avatar photo. 

If I try to ease my way towards the homepage of the forum,  I'm blocked and have to reboot everything.

I saved this thread link and sent it to myself in a personal email so I can return.  With tech support shadowing me, the minute I hit the home page, the threat blocked notice comes up and it gives the 'koshtimosti' (real name as the source).  When I hit the 'forums' tab to the far upper left, I have to reboot.  I won't hit.  Yes,  I know this link is on the homepage but I can only get here through a private email.   If I try to move from this post,  I'm gone.

Would you check your message and see what it's giving you.  They've run every cleaner device, my system is clean.  

My tech support has shadowed me.    We've tested other sites and forums and it's not happening.  I've written to google and avast. 

This was the actual name that came up on mine.  'koshtimosti'

That site is getting popped up for me over and over, but I can't seem to pin a full repro yet. It's a popup blocker probably that you are getting? 

I'm getting a warning dialogue box from Sophos saying:

High Risk Website Blocked. Access has been blocked to moshkikoski.com (followed by a series of random letters) Mal/HTMLGen-A has been found at this website.

I can still use the site, but this is coming up on pretty much everything I click on, even every time a new reply is added to a thread I've previously read.

I'm still trying to figure out what is triggering it. So far the only common thread I'm seeing is posts that have the default user picture in them, but I'm stretching there. I get it when I click on "view new content" sometimes and some other things as well. 

That's exactly what happened to me.  I could come in through the back door on personal logs because I was following it but everything else was blocked....I would receive threat blocked/detected messages.  Try your log and see if you still get the message.

Log out and come back only to your log for a test.

Archived