Training For Work and Requires Wine Tasting... Help!!

raven526

I know... no drinking allowed, gotcha...

I started a new job two months ago and next week is a new hire training for anyone new in the company over the past year. I work for a wine and spirits company. Part of training will require a wine tasting and then tasting some more for multiple tests. I can and will totally spit the wine out but will this affect my whole30 at all?? And if so, can anyone guess how much??

Unfortunately, no I cannot get out of this. It is a job requirement. I did not realize there would any tasting involved until today. I thought my wine course would be over the summer and therefore did not worry about... 

I really don't want to screw this up!

• Moderators

I know we've had chefs do Whole30 who had to taste dishes, and spitting them out is what they opted for -- it meets the requirements of Whole30. For instance, we don't require you to find W30 compliant toothpaste and mouthwash.

Could you still ingest enough for it to affect your W30, even spitting it out? Maybe, but there's no way to really know how much.

I wouldn't worry about it. Do the best you can. If by chance you feel like something has affected you afterwards, then you can decide how to proceed from there.

Archived