Starting 1/4/16

TanaRed

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be starting my 2nd Whole30 on Jan 4th too! Feeling way more prepared and knowing what I'm getting into this time. Really excited to get out of the body I'm in now and back into the body that made me feel so much better! Good luck to all of you and can't wait to be a part of this community.

Starting 1/4 also! I attempted my first whole30 and made it 10 days before Halloween came and I completely let myself go because at the time I felt like whole30 just wasn't working for me. Well needless to say, 2 days after the Halloween binge I felt awful and I pretty much continued on that path through the holidays. Ugh. Ready for change. I'm using this week to mentally and physically prepare (my house). I'm ready this time!

I had my non functioning gall bladder removed in June, did my first Whole thirty in August of 2015 and the second in September...lost a total of 15 pounds and felt great but then came a trip to Disneyworld, thanksgiving and then Christmas... Too much sugar,processed food, and bread... Experiencing some pancreatitis so ready to try again.. Starting Jan 4!

I'll be starting 1/4!  This will be my third attempt at a Whole 30 but I can feel it... going to finish this one.  I made it to day 20 on my last attempt and felt amazing up until that point!  

My father passed away back in September and I've been "eating my feelings" ever since... needless to say I feel like crap and need a hard reset.  I have gained a lot of weight over the last few months and have been having digestive issues the past couple.  My house is ready, and I'll be doing a batch cookup on 1/3 to have meals ready for the entire week.  Can't wait to get started and feel better!!!

Here I am! I'll be starting with you guys on January 4th. This will be my second whole30. I felt so good doing my first one last spring, but then life started getting out of control since then. I've since been diagnosed with Hashimoto's and I've been having eczema (for the first time in my life!), so I know my autoimmune system is out of whack.  I've also gained around 20 pounds. I need to reset my body and get healthy.

I will be relying on all of you for support! I'm the only one in my household of junk-food eating boys doing the whole30.  I will have temptation all around, but I vow not to give in! I will complete this!

I only just learned about Whole30 but I can't put the book down (It Starts with Food)! I also bought the cookbook. I am learning so much and am thankful to the Hartwigs for finally explaining food and our bodies in a way I understand! I'm very nervous about this but want very much to succeed. I need a big ol' reset button and this will get me there. I have been eating like crap for the past few months and my workouts are suffering from it too. Yet can I stop? Nope....just can't seem to. But a forum where I can see others going through this with me....well, I'm super hopeful that's the connection I need to commit to this and succeed! I'm super excited about what changes I will see in the next month. January 4 is it, baby!

I'm starting 1/4/16 as well, but this will be my first time!  Just got "It Starts With Food" and read it in two days - super excited to get started, though it's hard not to be intimidated by the strictness.  I really need to change my relationship with food though so I need to do this!

Hello everyone! I have been thinking about doing my 4th W30 after this round of holidays.  My 3rd was in May 2015 after having back surgery and fusion.  Each time I do this, my understanding of food and myself goes to a deeper level.  These past few weeks have been miserable, emotions and food-wise.  I don't feel good in my body and have not been treating it well.  So here I am!  Thanks for starting this thread!

Looking forward to starting the Whole 30 with everyone on here. My boyfriend, his mom and dad are doing this as well. To have family as support and every one on here is awesome. Going to need a lot of help with not having my RED WINE EEKK!! :huh:

Hi everyone! I will be joining this New Year Whole 30, starting on January 4th. It will be my second whole30, I did the first from mid-November to mid-December but i didn't do a proper reintro during the holidays, so I am starting all over.

I have 3 major events during January: my son's birthday on the 7th (and birthday party on the 9th), my own birthday on the 17th and a weekend with my in-laws on the 30th/31st.

I know I will need support to overcome those challenges! But I am motivated and willing to do this again!

Hello!!! I'll be starting my first Whole30 on 1/4 as well. I've been a yo-yo dieter for a long time now, but I'm ready to change my eating habits for good. I feel like the Whole30 plan will extremely challenging for me, as I'm used to grabbing quick dinners on my way home from work. I've really got to work on the planning aspect of this. I'm ready and willing and will give it all I've got for those 30 days.

Archived