Starting 1/4/16

TanaRed

Halfway there y'all! :) 

I'm happy to read everyone's NSVs, and sorry to read that there are some struggling.  This is my third Whole30 and I"m finding that no two are alike re: the way I feel at various timepoints. I remember feeling very irritable last time, but not so much this time. However, this time I'm struggling with energy. I'm convinced it has to do with what your body's dealing with re: how much detox you're doing. Coming down off the holidays where I gave little thought to what I ate and drank I think I'm in worse shape than I was in September last year when I did my last one. Just keep chugging away.. you're closer to the end now than you are the beginning. 

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Halfway there y'all! :)

This is my third Whole30 and I"m finding that no two are alike re: the way I feel at various timepoints.... I'm convinced it has to do with what your body's dealing with re: how much detox you're doing. Coming down off the holidays where I gave little thought to what I ate and drank I think I'm in worse shape than I was in September last year when I did my last one. Just keep chugging away.. you're closer to the end now than you are the beginning. 

This is so very true.  This is my 4th W30 and it is different than the other 3.  My relationship with food is also very different.  I have never had stomach/digestive issues, but that's what I've got this time around.  Today actually feels better than the previous 15, but I'm still not at my "norm."  I haven't had any cravings to speak of, and no real food challenges.  I'm making meals I didn't make on my other 3, so the change-up is really nice.  Maybe that's why I haven't had any food boredom.  Yesterday I made Buffalo Chicken Chopped Salad (Well Fed) and omg it's amazing!  I should have doubled the chicken part :)  Also have made pork tenderloin with sweet cherry sauce, roasted brussels sprouts with pomegranate, green velvet soup, sweet and sour kale, and lemon potato salad with arugula.    I definitely feel Well Fed :D   My sleeping is okay.  Even with the magnesium supplement I wouldn't say it's great, but I think it's beginning to have an effect on my digestion.  Being post-menopausal, my sleeping is crappy anyway. 

I have really noticed how folks' experiences differ in this thread.  It helps me to remember what I've taken away from each W30.  And just because I wasn't eating that poorly before this one (except for my month-long slip into gluttony over the holidays), it didn't exempt me from a different set of observations this time around.  I can't believe we're in the second half of the month already. 

Wow lori_vt those meals sound amazing! It's good to know everyone's experiences are different and you're right, we are closer to the end than we are the beginning. I know some effects take longer for some people, which is why I plan on making an effort to keep eating this way for the most part after the 30 days and reintroduction period are over.

Help please! I'm on Day 16 and I'm really struggling. I'm getting the Whole 30 emails talking about the energy boost I'm supposed to have and all the magic I should be feeling and I'm not seeing any of this at all! I'm having problems sleeping, I fall asleep fine but I'm waking up and taking an hour or two to get back to sleep - and this can happen up to twice a night! I'm also waking up struggling with my asthma and sneezing with allergies which isn't normal at all. Usually I sleep well for 8 hours a night & I have pretty good sleep habits so I can't understand why this is happening. Last time I did a Whole 30 I slept great - what's happening this time! The lack of sleep is making me tired and cranky, I have big black circles under my eyes and my focus is rubbish. My body isn't changing, my skin is the same and right now I can't see how Whole 30 is benefitting me. I committed to 30 days so I will see it through but I need some help!!

Hi there! I've been reading this thread since the start date but never commented. I have experienced the same sleeping struggle!!

I think the changes we want to see really depend on how much damage we've done before we started. I ate pretty well before- following the very strict and no fun Ideal Protein diet. So the detox was done for me. But if you had a rough holiday season, your body may be taking longer to recover...which would delay your changes. You have the right mindset of committing to the 30 days but may I suggest sticking to it longer if you still don't see any results? Just a thought. I know I will be. This way of eating really seems beneficial and I don't see a need to stop. Obviously I may enjoy small indulgences here and there after my first W30. Are you distracted at work or home life in any way? That could be waking you up. I know when my mind is distracted I have trouble sleeping.

Have you tried magnesium? I use a powder form called CALM. You can get it on Amazon. It also helps with constipation so I'd monitor your intake. It helps put me to sleep. I also diffuse a few essential oils. The only nights I've woken up in the past few weeks are nights where I forget my CALM or oils.

I really hope it improves for you!

Help please! I'm on Day 16 and I'm really struggling. I'm getting the Whole 30 emails talking about the energy boost I'm supposed to have and all the magic I should be feeling and I'm not seeing any of this at all! I'm having problems sleeping, I fall asleep fine but I'm waking up and taking an hour or two to get back to sleep - and this can happen up to twice a night! I'm also waking up struggling with my asthma and sneezing with allergies which isn't normal at all. Usually I sleep well for 8 hours a night & I have pretty good sleep habits so I can't understand why this is happening. Last time I did a Whole 30 I slept great - what's happening this time! The lack of sleep is making me tired and cranky, I have big black circles under my eyes and my focus is rubbish. My body isn't changing, my skin is the same and right now I can't see how Whole 30 is benefitting me. I committed to 30 days so I will see it through but I need some help!!

What is your stress like these days? Caffeine consumption?  Do you have a bedtime routine to help you fall asleep?  When do you stop eating/drinking relative to when you go to sleep?   What are you doing for exercise and when? All those items can be factors.

Can you answer those questions and post 2-3 days worth of your food log, including portion sizes and daily water consumption in the Troubleshooting section?  We can take a closer look and see if anything stands out.

I, too, am not experiencing quite the NSV that I felt the first time around. This could be detoxing, it could be that I have stepped up working out, could just be January doldrums.

For me, I am convinced by my own experience and the research, that eating real food and correcting years of yoyo dieting through resetting hormones, consciously and intentionally shifting my emotional relationship with food and eliminating foods that negatively affect my particular body, is the best path to a healthy weight and healthy living.

In a couple of years, I'll check in about this and let you know...in the meantime, after this Whole 30, I am going to use February to continue to build up my body awareness around food and eating. I find it very empowering to embrace the idea of "riding my own bike" without rules, guilt, shame or worry. In other words, my intention is to eventually let go of the 30 part of Whole 30, and become the permanent best advocate for my nutrition.

I just heard a nutritionist on the radio talking about Winter and how it impacts our systems, depending on where you live...pretty much said our bodies are trying to prepare for winter by trying to store extra weight/fat for the winter months and that we are fighting ourselves when we are trying to "diet" in these months...not sure how accurate it is but maybe part of some of your problems where you feel "bla"......also, check your Vitamin D, I always have a deficiency in these months, that can play a role in your mood as well.

I just heard a nutritionist on the radio talking about Winter and how it impacts our systems, depending on where you live...pretty much said our bodies are trying to prepare for winter by trying to store extra weight/fat for the winter months and that we are fighting ourselves when we are trying to "diet" in these months...not sure how accurate it is but maybe part of some of your problems where you feel "bla"......also, check your Vitamin D, I always have a deficiency in these months, that can play a role in your mood as well.

I've heard that before. I guess a supplement wouldn't hurt.

So how is everyone feeling on day 18? For me, the cooking and eating he right stuff is becoming pretty natural. We are expecting a snowstorm this weekend, I think I'll miss having wine while snowed it but I think Netflix and hot tea will be just as good :)

So my husband, who is doing this with me, decided to get on the scale this morning and just told me about it. He hasn't lost 1 lb, and he's majorly upset about it. I think more frustrated. Now I'm nervous too but will not get on the scale until the 30 days is over, but in the back of my head I'm wondering what will happen if that scale remained the same. I do feel better but we shall see.

I want to start off saying he's a diabetic.

Here's his normal routine: (mine differs during the day: he wanted me to write on his behalf)

Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs and a banana

Snack: 1 oz of plain almonds, no salt

Lunch: salad with roughly 6 oz of turkey, broccoli, carrots, zucchini and a few tomatoes.

Snack: piece of fruit (small apple or orange)

Dinner: is usually 5/8oz protein (fish or chicken or pork or Bison) about a cup of greens and 1/2 sweet potato or reg potato.

We cook everything with ghee or olive oil. Have been compliant as far as everything else goes.

Any thoughts? I just don't want him to get frustrated and quit the program.

Thx!

Alot can happen in the next ten days, so I wouldn't get too worried. More importantly, have either of you experienced any NSVs? (Better sleep, better digestion, clearer skin?) Try to focus on those. Lastly I don't think he's eating enough. When eggs are your sole source of protein you should eat as many as you can hold in one hand. (My boyfriend can hold almost an entire carton.) For me, I can eat 4 eggs, 2 cups sauteed broccoli and 2 spoons of mayo for breakfast and be satisfied and I'm a 5 foot 4 female. Also, most of the fat that you cook with stays in the pan, so he should probably be adding an extra fat in at each meal. I think I read somewhere on the forum that if you aren't eating enough your body will go into like a protection mode and save all the fat it can. Try to get him to follow the meal template and put the scale where he can't find it. There's also sooooo much information on these forums. If you have the time to read around similar situations have probably been addressed before. No matter what happens, it's awesome that he was willing to give this a try with you and I hope he doesn't quit. :)

• Moderators

So my husband, who is doing this with me, decided to get on the scale this morning and just told me about it. He hasn't lost 1 lb, and he's majorly upset about it. I think more frustrated. Now I'm nervous too but will not get on the scale until the 30 days is over, but in the back of my head I'm wondering what will happen if that scale remained the same. I do feel better but we shall see.

I want to start off saying he's a diabetic.

Here's his normal routine: (mine differs during the day: he wanted me to write on his behalf)

Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs and a banana

Snack: 1 oz of plain almonds, no salt

Lunch: salad with roughly 6 oz of turkey, broccoli, carrots, zucchini and a few tomatoes.

Snack: piece of fruit (small apple or orange)

Dinner: is usually 5/8oz protein (fish or chicken or pork or Bison) about a cup of greens and 1/2 sweet potato or reg potato.

We cook everything with ghee or olive oil. Have been compliant as far as everything else goes.

Any thoughts? I just don't want him to get frustrated and quit the program.

Thx!

Like Cbg84 said, he's not eating enough. That he needs a snack between meals is a sure sign that his meals need to be bigger.

Have him try this tomorrow:  

Breakfast: 3-5 eggs (or however many whole eggs he can hold in his hand, but unless he's a really small guy, he's bound to hold at least 3) , any way he wants them cooked,  a heap of vegetables -- make up some sweet potato hash or something if he's used to carby breakfasts, plus 1/2 to a whole avocado, or a big heaping spoonful of mayo, or a big heaping handful of olives. Skip the banana until later in the day -- if he wants it with lunch or supper, that would be a better choice. Having it in the morning, especially with the minimal amount of protein and fat he's pairing it with, is not helping his blood sugar levels at all. It needs to be paired with plenty of fat and protein to help slow the absorption of the sugar.

Lunch: Does he like salad, or is he stuck in the diet mindset of salad? Because I'd opt for some cooked veggies for him instead unless he just really loves his salad. If he wants salad, put it in your biggest bowl. Like, dig out the Pyrex mixing bowls, use the big one. :D And look at the palm of his hand, and give him 2 palm-size portions of protein. Add half to a whole avocado or a heaping handful or two of olives, plus a good amount of salad dressing.

Dinner: Again, at least 1 palm sized portion of protein, probably two (although if he ate that mixing bowl salad at lunch, he may legitimately only want one). Have your cup of greens, plus a cup of some other non-starchy vegetable (broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, yellow squash, green beans -- whatever, but another cup, at least), 1/2 to a whole sweet potato or regular potato (yes, the whole one, covered in ghee or coconut oil and cinnamon if it's a sweet potato, or try olive oil and salt and pepper if it's a regular potato, or whatever fat sources you like on your potatoes, the point is, add the fat.

Meals will ideally keep you satiated for 4-5 hours at a time, eliminating the need for snacks. If he does need to eat between meals, he definitely shouldn't have just fruit on its own -- it will cause a spike in blood sugar. The recommendation for eating between meals is to have a mini-meal of protein, fat, and vegetables, or at least two of the three.

I get the wanting to lose weight, I really, really do, but starving yourself (himself) is not the way to do it. Your body will lose weight when it's not stressed, and when your hormones are working the way they're supposed to. The best way to do it is to embrace the program, ditch the scale, and eat. Really. Your body needs nourishment to function properly.

Super response, Shannon.  While I think that you're not supposed to weigh yourself during Whole30 because they dont' want you to get distracted, or disappointed, this was a good thing for your husband. One of the most freeing things about this "diet" is how much food you can actually eat, that it's delicious food, and that you are rarely hungry (if you do things right). Hang in there!!

Like Cbg84 said, he's not eating enough. That he needs a snack between meals is a sure sign that his meals need to be bigger.

Have him try this tomorrow:  

Breakfast: 3-5 eggs (or however many whole eggs he can hold in his hand, but unless he's a really small guy, he's bound to hold at least 3) , any way he wants them cooked,  a heap of vegetables -- make up some sweet potato hash or something if he's used to carby breakfasts, plus 1/2 to a whole avocado, or a big heaping spoonful of mayo, or a big heaping handful of olives. Skip the banana until later in the day -- if he wants it with lunch or supper, that would be a better choice. Having it in the morning, especially with the minimal amount of protein and fat he's pairing it with, is not helping his blood sugar levels at all. It needs to be paired with plenty of fat and protein to help slow the absorption of the sugar.

Lunch: Does he like salad, or is he stuck in the diet mindset of salad? Because I'd opt for some cooked veggies for him instead unless he just really loves his salad. If he wants salad, put it in your biggest bowl. Like, dig out the Pyrex mixing bowls, use the big one. :D And look at the palm of his hand, and give him 2 palm-size portions of protein. Add half to a whole avocado or a heaping handful or two of olives, plus a good amount of salad dressing.

Dinner: Again, at least 1 palm sized portion of protein, probably two (although if he ate that mixing bowl salad at lunch, he may legitimately only want one). Have your cup of greens, plus a cup of some other non-starchy vegetable (broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, yellow squash, green beans -- whatever, but another cup, at least), 1/2 to a whole sweet potato or regular potato (yes, the whole one, covered in ghee or coconut oil and cinnamon if it's a sweet potato, or try olive oil and salt and pepper if it's a regular potato, or whatever fat sources you like on your potatoes, the point is, add the fat.

Meals will ideally keep you satiated for 4-5 hours at a time, eliminating the need for snacks. If he does need to eat between meals, he definitely shouldn't have just fruit on its own -- it will cause a spike in blood sugar. The recommendation for eating between meals is to have a mini-meal of protein, fat, and vegetables, or at least two of the three.

I get the wanting to lose weight, I really, really do, but starving yourself (himself) is not the way to do it. Your body will lose weight when it's not stressed, and when your hormones are working the way they're supposed to. The best way to do it is to embrace the program, ditch the scale, and eat. Really. Your body needs nourishment to function properly.

thank you!!!! I will :)

Hi everyone! I haven't checked in for a few days, and today we're experiencing a crazy snow storm (I'm in MD just NW of DC). I have to be honest, I'd love to be curled up with a hot toddy and some terrible food right about now, but plain hot tea is good too. :)

Thanks for the encouragement after my last post. It's so nice to connect with all of you. I hope you're all having a good day 20 (!!) and those that were struggling are starting to feel better.

I can honestly say that my relationship with food is changing for the better everyday and I'm just so thankful for this community!

I forgot to add! I was at Wegmans purchasing a ton of grass fed meats and delicious veggies and I picked up a bottle of tessemae's dressing and the cashier commented on it. Turns out he is in the middle of a whole30 too! It was great.

Hello all!

This is the first time I'm posting (had trouble creating an account at first, by the time I did I was over the hump) but I have been lurking for a little bit. This is my first W30. Started out rougher than I thought it would be, went through all the stages (albeit a little ahead of schedule), and now I'm thrilled to be near the end!

Anyway, things have been going pretty well, however, along the way, I've encountered a few glitches. Early on, I accidentally ingested a few ingredients that although had no sugar listed in the nutritional labels, apparently had sugar as the last ingredient. I plugged on with the program regardless and, thankfully, have been experiencing all the positive results, even with a few hiccups. Unfortunately, yesterday, I went out to a diner and had a veggie skillet - scrambled eggs, potatoes, green peppers, onions, broccoli, carrot, cauliflower - no major problem that I could see, but shortly afterwards, I ended up with a belly ache. I suspect that maybe they cooked with butter?? not sure. It totally slipped my mind to ask since most of the restaurants I frequent use olive oil. 

Does this mean that I've blown it altogether? I don't plan on ditching the program just because of this - I don't want or need a reason to eat junk, because frankly, I like the way I feel, and really, why would I want an excuse to eat more crap if it's going to make me feel like I did last night? I think I know the "official" answer (that I need to start over), but I wonder if being close to the end means that my body might see it as an early reintroduction and that I can continue avoiding non-compliant foods for a while (and maybe not attempting the dairy reintroduction scheduled a couple weeks from now).

Thoughts?

Hello all!

This is the first time I'm posting (had trouble creating an account at first, by the time I did I was over the hump) but I have been lurking for a little bit. This is my first W30. Started out rougher than I thought it would be, went through all the stages (albeit a little ahead of schedule), and now I'm thrilled to be near the end!

Anyway, things have been going pretty well, however, along the way, I've encountered a few glitches. Early on, I accidentally ingested a few ingredients that although had no sugar listed in the nutritional labels, apparently had sugar as the last ingredient. I plugged on with the program regardless and, thankfully, have been experiencing all the positive results, even with a few hiccups. Unfortunately, yesterday, I went out to a diner and had a veggie skillet - scrambled eggs, potatoes, green peppers, onions, broccoli, carrot, cauliflower - no major problem that I could see, but shortly afterwards, I ended up with a belly ache. I suspect that maybe they cooked with butter?? not sure. It totally slipped my mind to ask since most of the restaurants I frequent use olive oil.

Does this mean that I've blown it altogether? I don't plan on ditching the program just because of this - I don't want or need a reason to eat junk, because frankly, I like the way I feel, and really, why would I want an excuse to eat more crap if it's going to make me feel like I did last night? I think I know the "official" answer (that I need to start over), but I wonder if being close to the end means that my body might see it as an early reintroduction and that I can continue avoiding non-compliant foods for a while (and maybe not attempting the dairy reintroduction scheduled a couple weeks from now).

Thoughts?

Personally, if that happened to me I would not start over. I'm sure the correct answer is that you should start over, but being this far into it, I would just keep going and be more mindful. Just my opinion. Maybe a moderator will respond to your post with their thoughts.

Day 21! I'm going to bed feeling pretty good right now. Mentally that is, not physically. Physically I'm exhausted and I think coming down with a cold. Last night was Supper Club, and since I'm the only one doing something as strict as the Whole 30 I was in charge of dinner. Once a month my friends and I take turns getting together and creating a dinner for each other, we take photos and share the recipe and at the end of the year we're going to compile it into a cookbook. I made a charcuterie/antipasto platter for an appetizer, pesto steak stuffed portobellos with green beans and paleo ceasar salad for dinner and caramelized peaches with coconut cream for dessert. And while everyone else was drinking wine (my favourite wine no less) I put kombucha in a wine glass. In the morning one of my friends was so excited that she had come up with a breakfast to make that I could eat, and when she made it, it was the egg/banana pancake that is a big no no for the program. But I ate it anyways, because my friends were so proud and tried so hard and got me coconut milk for my coffee and didn't buy any candy (usually we eat a ton of candy when we do this). I figure I can make an exception in that circumstance.

On the way home and at home though I talked myself out of stopping to pick up wings and fries, stopping to pick up Vietnamese food, and ordering delivery. It took some convincing but I didn't give in.

Now I'm going to bed and hoping my experiment dehydrating bone broth isn't a huge mess in the morning.

Hello all!

Thoughts?

I'm with L_dougherty85, personally I probably wouldn't start over. But I would be a lot more careful from now on just in case.

I made my first batch of BEEF bone broth, but I have a question, and I can't seem to find an answer anywhere!  What do I do with the marrow?  I roasted my bones (a combination of marrow bones and neck bones with connective tissue) for 30 minutes, then put them in cold water with ACV, and let my crock pot do the simmering for about 40 hours.  When I took out the marrow bones, the marrow spilled out onto the plate.  I know it's incredibly healthy, but what do I do with it?  Put it back in the broth?  Eat it plain (ew, weird)?  Add it to something else?  I'd love some help from folks who have used it before!

I had a great cookup this weekend - sausage stuffed acorn squash, liver and onions, damn fine chicken, sunrise scramble, belly dance beet salad, turkey cranberry meatballs and kickin' cranberry sauce, cauliflower rice, coconut almond green beans and chili lime sweet potato fries, but my favorite, which surprised the heck out of me, was the SBJ Burger.  I felt like I was completely off-plan!  And I was never a peanut butter and jelly girl, but something about the flavors on a grass-fed burger - mmmmm.  So incredibly delicious. 

It's Day 22 (WOW) and I'm still dealing with a sluggish digestion.  It's gotten so bad that I broke down and started using a little Miralax.  I also tried eating a couple of prunes, but that's treading in shallow water for me because they are so sweet, and ya even though they're prunes, I could totally eat half the bag.  That would cause a completely different problem lol.  I've considered getting prune juice.  I'm taking 2 tsp of Calm in the evening, but it really isn't moving things as I'd hoped.  Neither is the Smooth Move tea.  I'm totally baffled by this.  Maybe the bone broth will help :)

Lori_vt, people pay a lot of money for beef marrow. Apparently it's a delicacy. Personally, I feed it to the dog because I find it icky. Sounds like you're really cooking some delicious food. :)

We only have a week to go. I'm still feeling pretty good, but have decided that although I have more energy I feel more tired. Does that even make sense? lol

Lori_vt, people pay a lot of money for beef marrow. Apparently it's a delicacy. Personally, I feed it to the dog because I find it icky. Sounds like you're really cooking some delicious food. :)

We only have a week to go. I'm still feeling pretty good, but have decided that although I have more energy I feel more tired. Does that even make sense? lol

I completely agree with you about more energy, more tired. It's weird! I'm so excited to be in the last week, however, I am feeling the anxiety! I'm not worried about eating everything in sight - but the effort I've put in has been more than any diet I've ever done. I have seen the difference, I have felt the difference, and my greatest fear is to look back in a couple of months and think that these efforts were wasted.

I hadn't been paying attention to what I had been eating before starting the W30. I think that this has really helped my creativity with food preparation! I just hope I can continue to be as mindful about my eating habits.

Hi all,

This is my first time posting (although I have been reading a lot of them). It is Day 23 (whaatt??) and I have hit a wall! I feel so meh...I can't think of anything I want to eat  and I just feel down which is so weird because I am so proud of myself for making it this far! I just need a couple words of encouragement. I am doing the Whole 30 with my sister but she isn't taking it 100% seriously and doesn't have the food addiction that I struggle with so she isn't exactly a support I can count on.

Any sort of help would be greatly appreciated!

Good luck on our last week!

Hi all,

This is my first time posting (although I have been reading a lot of them). It is Day 23 (whaatt??) and I have hit a wall! I feel so meh...I can't think of anything I want to eat and I just feel down which is so weird because I am so proud of myself for making it this far! I just need a couple words of encouragement. I am doing the Whole 30 with my sister but she isn't taking it 100% seriously and doesn't have the food addiction that I struggle with so she isn't exactly a support I can count on.

You've got this! You've come so far - and next week will roll around soon enough - imagine how you'll feel upon completion versus arriving at day 31 - and knowing that if you had just stuck with it, you'd be finished!

Don't give up, you've already put the toughest days in, this is like rolling up to the finish line. Look at recipes, get creative.

Don't give up, you're worth the finale! Best of luck - I know you'll keep going.

:)

I completely agree with you about more energy, more tired. It's weird! I'm so excited to be in the last week, however, I am feeling the anxiety! I'm not worried about eating everything in sight - but the effort I've put in has been more than any diet I've ever done. I have seen the difference, I have felt the difference, and my greatest fear is to look back in a couple of months and think that these efforts were wasted.

I hadn't been paying attention to what I had been eating before starting the W30. I think that this has really helped my creativity with food preparation! I just hope I can continue to be as mindful about my eating habits.

I am feeling anxiety about the last week too! I have been so focused on doing everything 100% during the W30 that I'm a little afraid of reintroducing foods. I'm going to follow the reintro plan in the book (because it makes me feel better to have a plan), but I've never made it this far before! It's exciting and a little intimidating.

Hi all,

This is my first time posting (although I have been reading a lot of them). It is Day 23 (whaatt??) and I have hit a wall! I feel so meh...I can't think of anything I want to eat  and I just feel down which is so weird because I am so proud of myself for making it this far! I just need a couple words of encouragement. I am doing the Whole 30 with my sister but she isn't taking it 100% seriously and doesn't have the food addiction that I struggle with so she isn't exactly a support I can count on.

It was at about this time during my first Whole30 that  nearly gave up. I hated the thought of cooking ONE MORE THING. I was tired of feeling isolated from my family and in social settings.  My family was growing more tired of "mom's diet" because it meant no pizza after church or taco bell before practice. I think I could eat Whole30 24/7 but it's the emotional and mental aspect that makes it really unsustainable for me. But, hang in there because in a few days you'll probably regain your resolve to finish strongly and you'll be so proud of yourself when youre through.

Archived