Starting 1/4/16

TanaRed

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am starting round 2 of the Whole 30 on Jan 4th as well.  I did my first mid Nov to mid Dec and have maintained through the holidays with only a few chosen off plan treats.  Reintroduction went okay.  The only thing that seemed to bother me was sugar.  Loved doing the program and all the NSV rewards.  Two of my sisters and 1 or 2 nieces will join me then.  Look forward to sharing with all of you.

I decided I am starting 1/4!  My husband is NOT on board, but I am doing this for me, so it will be interesting cooking for me and then the rest of my family.  Still reading and will have a few days to plan and plot my first few days!  I will need a hand to hold for sure!

Looking forward to starting my first #whole30 on Monday. I have Occipital Neuralgia and prescribed meds have got me down and lethargic and reaching for pleasure foods over the past few months so looking forward to finding some balance and id be lying if i didnt admit to also hoping i lose the weight gain from the medication over time. Good luck everyone. Stay strong.

I'm your typical wife/mom of three young ones. :-) This will be my second Whole30....and although it was extremely mentally hard for me (I have a TON of food allergies which limits what foods I can eat), it gave me some huge accomplishments that I'm looking forward too again. Sort of dreading the first couple of weeks (my sugar dragon is in FULL force), I KNOW I can do this!

I just bought several dressings from Tessemae's.  I got the Whole30 pack, buffalo sauce and teriyaki.  The last time I did one, I found that I needed easy ways to flavor my food and this will make life a lot easier. Use NEWBIE for 20% off!

(I hope its ok to post this here. If not, please remove)

so, if you eat out and the restaurant cooks something in butter, is the not compliant to the program?

Butter is not compliant on a Whole30.

You need to ask LOTS of questions when dining out and ordering your meals, to obtain foods prepared in a way that are compliant to the program. You might find this article to be helpful. 

I am in on January 4th! This will be my 2nd Whole30. I did well on the first one, but then I completely messed up my reintroduction. There was definitely something that bothered my belly, but I wasn't able to narrow it down. Looking forward to joining you all!

I'll be starting 1/4!  This will be my third attempt at a Whole 30 but I can feel it... going to finish this one.  I made it to day 20 on my last attempt and felt amazing up until that point!  

My father passed away back in September and I've been "eating my feelings" ever since... needless to say I feel like crap and need a hard reset.  I have gained a lot of weight over the last few months and have been having digestive issues the past couple.  My house is ready, and I'll be doing a batch cookup on 1/3 to have meals ready for the entire week.  Can't wait to get started and feel better!!!

I'm so sorry about your father. Mine died unexpectedly several years ago, and I put on 50 pounds! And I already was about 50 overweight! Ack!

Good luck. You'll have lots of people cheering you on!

Hey all! 

My name is Sarah .... and I'm starting Monday, January 4th as well. I just had my 3rd baby in May and am still breastfeeding ... but I'm the heaviest I've ever been (non-pregnant) and need to make a change, as well as remedy some digestive issues I've had since giving birth - and a friend recommended Whole 30! My husband and I did Paleo a couple years ago and we LOVED it, so I'm excited yet nervous to commit to this. Food is usually my "comfort", and I'm looking forward to changing that. Right now we are living with my in laws until summer, so it may be somewhat of a struggle to avoid "no-no" foods as I cannot completely clean out their fridge/snack food cupboard ... it's going to take alot of will power on my part to ignore the bad stuff. But if Whole 30 can help me physically and mentally like it says on the website, it will be SO worth it!! 

Jumping in with my first Whole30, but I have been doing Paleo for about 6-7 months. I noticed my energy levels were off the charts when I was strict Paleo.  I felt good, was sleeping good.  I was strict mostly through summer when I reached a "healty" weight, but once Thanksgiving came, I was more off than on.  I was happy with Mon - Fri being Paleo, and the weekends being off.  I noticed that I was feeling bad farther into the week after cheating on the weekends, being lethargic, tired, achey, and so forth.  I realized that some food was making my body hurt. I want to complete the whole30 and figure out what foods my body doesn't like.   :D feeling excited.

Hi my name is Joy I am starting the 4th as well. I have done 1 successful whole 30 before actually went to 43 days I felt so good. I have since tried twice more not so successfully. I suffer from fibromyalgia, raynauds disease, gastritis and IBS. I need to get my health back on track. I suffer from binge eating disorder so have an unhealthy relatioship with food. I am intolerant to many foods so this just makes sense. My life is crazy I have 3 children with special needs and work fulltime mainly nights in a stressful job so sleep deprivation is a large part of my problem but something I cannot change unfortunately.

I'm so pysched about doing this (4th) W30.  I've been preparing food in advance, pulling out recipes of things that are compliant and will make food new and exciting as the month goes on - took all the "off-limits" food out of my cabinets.  There is still a little dairy I need to finish or throw out on Sunday.  I have made a list of the groceries I need for the next week or so.  Also have checked out the soups I have in the freezer to make sure they're compliant - so thrilled - they pass!  Most of the time I eat very close to the W30, but the last 5-6 weeks have gone in the opposite direction.  I feel awful.  My stomach is unrecognizable to me.  My food cravings are through the roof.  I hate living this way.  This W30 will be a re-set for me.  As I mentioned before, each W30 reveals a deeper level about my food issues.  I stopped using coconut milk and coconut cream in my coffee on my 3rd W30, and drank it black for 5 months.  I gave up "comfort foods" on a whole new level.  I am hoping I will learn more about my food issues so I can eliminate them and become less driven by food.  A friend of mine is going on the Ketogenic Diet.  I've looked at it, and of course i get tempted, but I've done Atkins before and don't remember feeling amazing at the end.  When I'm doing a W30 I feel SO GOOD.  I feel like I'm treating my body and myself so well.  It is such a "deep" experience! 

Starting on 1/4, too! This will be my second whole30. First time I lost 11 pounds and a ton of inches....felt great. Went to Hawaii on vacation, then never got back on track. So ready to cut the crap out of my system and be healthy again. :)

January 4th is my day to start. I saw a friend's post on FB a few days ago - my 1st intro to Whole30 - where have I been?

I am so excited. Just like some have shared - I have been experiencing psoriasis (came out of no where) and about 15 lbs that I can't explain.

So very excited, and a tad anxious. We've got this!

Big Hello form London. My name is Magda and I will be starting on the 4th as well. It's my scond round of W30, I completed W45 back in September, October and the begnning of November, followed by mostly Paleo for the rest of November and mostly mince pies and wine during December! (still trying to figure out how on earth did that happen). I also stopped training some time in November. I gained more weight than suites me and lost a lot of my fitness and muscle mass which I am desperate to regain. Especially because I've decided to quit my gym in February and  start my cross fit adventure at the local box.

Have been booze free and eating W30 for the past three days with an exception for 2 squares of 80% dark chocoalate/day.

Not prepping for the week as leaving the country on Wednasday for 10 days. At least I have all the logistics of travelling while doing W30 worked out, it's totally doable.

This time round I want to eliminate fruit and nuts/nut butters. Both being food with no breaks for me.

Enjoy the challenge!

Archived