Starting 1/4/16

TanaRed

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone. First time doing Whole30 and looking forward to It. I want the power to say, "No, thank you. I don't eat that because it doesn't make me feel good." I've been on every diet imaginable at some point in my life and am so tired of feeling physically and mentally lousy.

Good luck to the new and returning folks. Look forward to come here often, while on this journey, to meet others to share the ups and downs of a healthier life style in a world that doesn't make it easy.

Cheers,

Maggie

This will be my second Whole30.  I really liked the first one, what I learned, and going through it.  One of the best parts was this forum.   My sister and my girlfriend are joining too.  Start day is tomorrow.   

I just bought several dressings from Tessemae's.  I got the Whole30 pack, buffalo sauce and teriyaki.

Hi Sandy :) I'm sorry but I'm pretty sure the teriyaki isn't Whole30 compliant as it contains soy. There are a couple of ones they make which aren't compliant. But don't panic, they are really good for using in Reintroductions later.

so, if you eat out and the restaurant cooks something in butter, is the not compliant to the program?

Yes Macy, there's no butter. You can have ghee, but no other dairy. Ghee is allowed because it's just the fat with everything else removed.

I ask for cooking in olive oil and if I'm going out with friends, I pick the restaurant so I know I'll have something safe to eat :)

Hello everyone! I'm going to start my second round tomorrow too!  :)   I completed (proudly) my first round in October and was very pleased with the results. I need to do re-intro faze much slower if I want to figure out what bothers me. In November I lost my Dad and needless to say many tins of butter cookies later I've eaten my feelings enough to gain what I lost back. I feel pretty bleh....  Will be happy get good sleep and feel in control of my life again! :) Best wishes to you all!

OK, so Day 1 is here, are you excited? I am doing my second whole30 and in a way it feels a lot easier (cooking skills are already mastered), in another way it feels so much harder (I already know that I will be going through major fatigue and I'm not looking forward to it).

So here's to a great Whole30 to everyone in this challenge! We can do this!

Hello everyone! I started my second whole 30 today and I'm very excited. Like sboavida I feel like having the cooking skills mastered already will be a big help. I'm hoping that eating mostly on plan since my first whole 30 in July will make the first week a little easier, but the past month has been really bad for me in terms of emotional eating so we'll see. When I finished my first one I found that I wasn't craving sweets or cheese (my two favorites.) Then slowly but surely they made their way back into my diet and the cravings are back.

I'm also hoping to do a better job with reintroduction this time. Last time I didn't notice any adverse affects from any of the food groups, but after a few months of eating non-compliant foods I can tell that I'm really bloated and my digestion is all messed up.

I also just got engaged and I'll be trying on dresses in about a month so I'd like to be feeling my best and not suffering from a puffy belly when that happens!

Good luck to everyone!

Butter is not compliant on a Whole30.

You need to ask LOTS of questions when dining out and ordering your meals, to obtain foods prepared in a way that are compliant to the program. You might find this article to be helpful. 

I find it better to resign myself to the fact that I'm not going to get to eat in a restaurant at all. It's too hard. 

Starting my second whole 30 today! I went paleo in January of 2014 and ate pretty close to whole 30 standards. That along with going to the gym regularly helped me lose a great deal of weight and I had so much energy. I did my first whole 30 in August of 2014 and I was literally bouncing out of bed before my alarm to get to the gym every morning before my 12 hour shifts at a busy restaurant. (I read the forums, but never posted which i do sort of regret.) But for some reason, I really screwed up introductions and just felt over this whole thing. I didn't fall completely back into old SAD habits, but I fell much farther than I'd like to admit and most of the weight came back. So I'm back. This time I intend to do a whole 60 if that's what I need! I know they say your 2nd can be harder, but I know that this is what I need for so many reasons. Good luck everyone, let's do this!

Hi everyone! Today is day 1 of my first W30 and I'm super excited but also nervous. My boyfriend (who isn't doing it with me but knows it's important to me) is already having food dreams for me. Last night he had a dream that someone brought Krispy Kreme donuts and he ate some, tried to hide them from me but then turned around and I was eating them!!

Starting my second Whole 30 on Jan 4 (today) as well! I'm posting in the log portion of the forum, which I found really helpful last time. 

Jumping in with my first Whole30, but I have been doing Paleo for about 6-7 months. I noticed my energy levels were off the charts when I was strict Paleo.  I felt good, was sleeping good.  I was strict mostly through summer when I reached a "healty" weight, but once Thanksgiving came, I was more off than on.  I was happy with Mon - Fri being Paleo, and the weekends being off.  I noticed that I was feeling bad farther into the week after cheating on the weekends, being lethargic, tired, achey, and so forth.  I realized that some food was making my body hurt. I want to complete the whole30 and figure out what foods my body doesn't like.   :D feeling excited.

This really stood out to me. I was Paleo for 4 months before my first W30 last year, but after the W30, I became much more lax and ate a lot of foods that similar made me feel not-good. I'm hoping to do a better re-entry this time around! It'll be good to compare notes!

Hi all, I've started today as well! This will be my first Whole30 and I've been preparing by focusing on all the things I can have instead of what I can't. It helps that I work from home so can really control what I eat throughout the day.

Curious as to whether anyone else is doing this as a pescetarian. I'm planning to do the full program (no vegetarian modifications) so will be on the lookout for lots of fish and egg recipes!

Hi all, I've started today as well! This will be my first Whole30 and I've been preparing by focusing on all the things I can have instead of what I can't. It helps that I work from home so can really control what I eat throughout the day.

Curious as to whether anyone else is doing this as a pescetarian. I'm planning to do the full program (no vegetarian modifications) so will be on the lookout for lots of fish and egg recipes!

Hi RenaissanceGirl. I, too, am doing this as a pescetarian with no vegetarian modifications. I have found numerous recipes on Instagram (@whole30recipes) and also a website called applestozoodles.com Just be careful on apples to zoodles. Some of the recipes are paleo and not necessarily W30 compliant but they do have indicators as to which are W30 and which are not.

Started this morning as well :) I did the wheat belly diet this summer and thoroughly enjoyed it, but kinda fell off the wagon in the Fall and then this past December has been horrible, way too much sugar which I am not even that into usually. I have a feeling the first week will be very difficult but hopefully I can get through this! 

Hooray it's Day 1!! So happy to be doing something wonderful for myself.  (Despite thinking eating loads of chocolate and cookies and sweets and alcohol was "wonderful...")  I went through all my vitamins yesterday and discovered that I needed to put most of them away.  <sigh>  It's okay.  I found a melatonin that is compliant, and that's key since being post-menopausal my sleep is not what it used to be and I count on Melatonin to help. 

Super busy day at work today, which might be a good thing.  Here's my day so far:

Bfast: 2 eggs with lots of stir fried veggies, 1/2 avocado, 2 cups green tea, 1 cup black coffee (at work)

Lunch: Thai coconut shrimp soup, salad with olive oil/cider vinegar dressing

Hope everyone is feeling pumped on Day 1 and I look forward to reading about everyone's adventures! :D

Hey everyone!  I am also starting my second W30 today!!  I try to follow a mostly paleo lifestyle, but I have been indulging waaaaaaaaay too much the last few months and boy do I feel it.  Time to reboot this system and get back to feeling awesome again!!  I am looking forward to chatting with everyone over the next month!   :D

Hooray it's Day 1!! So happy to be doing something wonderful for myself. (Despite thinking eating loads of chocolate and cookies and sweets and alcohol was "wonderful...") I went through all my vitamins yesterday and discovered that I needed to put most of them away. <sigh> It's okay. I found a melatonin that is compliant, and that's key since being post-menopausal my sleep is not what it used to be and I count on Melatonin to help.

Super busy day at work today, which might be a good thing. Here's my day so far:

Bfast: 2 eggs with lots of stir fried veggies, 1/2 avocado, 2 cups green tea, 1 cup black coffee (at work)

Lunch: Thai coconut shrimp soup, salad with olive oil/cider vinegar dressing

Hope everyone is feeling pumped on Day 1 and I look forward to reading about everyone's adventures! :D

I was wondering about melatonin and valerian root. I sometimes need help falling asleep. I'll have to check the ingredients of what I have at home. That soup sounds delicious!

Archived