Yes I'm a Little Crazy - Starting December 19

MrFancyPants

It may seem like a recipe for disaster, but I'm starting my Whole 30 on Saturday, December 19.

Why? Because I will be off work from then until January 4th. 16 days straight where I will have complete control over what I have around me, my stress level, my exercise schedule. AND, I've done this before. I know how trying the first week can be. Or rather, how trying I can be during the first week. A real horrible person to be around, really. I'm happy to reserve that beast to my family and spare my work colleagues from that bit of ugly.

By the time I'm back to work I'll be past the hard part and well into the insanely energetic part of my Whole 30. Crazy? Like a fox!

Wish me luck!

MFP

I'm doing an extended a whole 30 through the holidays.

I too thought it would not sound like a smart idea due to the variety of goodies that I am unable to avoid but....I know me and I can't start down the road of indulgences at all right now.

I'm feeling great on my journey. Day 23 for me.

Ok, so I lied a little...but with good reason :)

I was getting very excited about starting my Whole 30, and talked about it constantly with Mrs. Fancy Pants. She did a little reading and has decided to join me, but she doesn't want to start until December 29 (the day after our son's birthday). She's super jazzed, ready to clean out the fridge and pantry, and hit the ground running...next week. I figure my chances of success are at least quadrupled by having her in my corner doing this right along with me.

So, I'm going to enjoy a few Christmas treats (though my mind is already in a place where that will be far far less than usual) and be well past hell week (week one is really tough, folks!) by the time I'm back to work.

Happy holidays!

MFP

Archived