Starting over..again Dec. 15, 2015

HopelessDreamer

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

meal 2: coffee w/coconut milk, roast beef, cabbage slaw (leftovers)

snack: clementine

meal 3: grilled chicken breast (skinless), roasted brussels sprouts, cumin roasted carrots and parsnips, jicama sticks with avocado dip

very full, good energy today. short walk and going to "relax and renew" yoga tonight.

Having done this before, I know I need to keep chocolate out of the house!! :)  Mostly I have trouble sticking with the sugar-free aspect after the 30 days. That's when the trouble begins.  But posting things here I hope to be able to read other peoples stuff, and get inspired to keep up with the healthy habits. I have also taken on some other projects to give my days more structure and keep me from sitting around on the computer...oh wait! I think I need my daily walk!

Meal 1: fish patty, roasted brussels sprouts and carrots, coffee with coconut milk.

yoga flow class

Meal 2: chicken liver, chicken thigh and leg, bone broth, sauteed kale and mushrooms

walk to store and back with groceries (1 hr)

snack: chicken liver, brussel sprouts, plantain chips, carob-cinnamon-coconut milk hot drink

Meal 3: zucchini-cauliflower soup and eggs or fish (depends what I feel like having)

cleaned up some more, good energy, finished one craft project, starting another

Hello Dreamer! (Why not change the "Hopeless" to Hopeful?  :) )

We're all different, but for me, that carob-cinnamon-coconut milk hot drink would have been dangerous during my Whole30 as it could have triggered chocolate/sugar cravings. For me, that's too much like SWYPO.

Also, if you have to snack between meal 2 and meal 3, why not increase the amount of food you're eating at Meal 2? Also, making sure you have your fats (I don't see any in meal 2) is key to being satisfied for 4-5 hours between meals AND they short-circuit the desire for sugar. My favorite fats are clarified butter (I make my own), olives, avocados and mayonnaise (purchased compliant or home made) and those fats make my Whole30 meals very satisfying.

Hello Dreamer! (Why not change the "Hopeless" to Hopeful?  :) )

We're all different, but for me, that carob-cinnamon-coconut milk hot drink would have been dangerous during my Whole30 as it could have triggered chocolate/sugar cravings. For me, that's too much like SWYPO.

Also, if you have to snack between meal 2 and meal 3, why not increase the amount of food you're eating at Meal 2? Also, making sure you have your fats (I don't see any in meal 2) is key to being satisfied for 4-5 hours between meals AND they short-circuit the desire for sugar. My favorite fats are clarified butter (I make my own), olives, avocados and mayonnaise (purchased compliant or home made) and those fats make my Whole30 meals very satisfying.

The carob drink I make has no sweetener but I guess we are all different. I make it to get more coconut fat in my day.

And I agree that eating more at a meal is good, I just cannot always eat that much at once. So it has to be split into two smaller meals. The snack was more of a refill after my walk.

Also, I cook with plenty of fat, and often drizzle more on top. I cook with coconut oil, sometimes homemade ghee, and palm oil. I use olive oil for my roasted veggies, and evoo on top of veggies.

Eating more fat might be good, but it might fill me up even more so I end up with even smaller meals...I just have to work on it. I don't really think eating 4 meals (3 + 1 snack) is so bad if I am including fat and protein, and eating after exercise. I could be wrong. Evev after numerous Whole30s I am still learning!! Thanks for the input!

Day 3 already!Busy day: walk, class, walk.(2 miles)

Meal 1: fish patty, zucchini cauli soup, cabbage slaw

3 eggs cooked in ghee, roasted carrots, coffee with coconut cream and 1 T.gelatin

(I took a short break in eating to be able to have all that before my walk to class)

Meal 2: not very hungry, but ate: chicken livers, avocado dip, jicama sticks, decaf w/coconut milk

Meal 3:(also divided by time to eat enough) chicken, cabbage slaw, broccoli, 5 organic dried apricots w/no sulfur(I bought them for a recipe for tomorrow's dinner. But dried fruit is too much sweet, so I try to avoid it.)

Still not enough food, so now I am going to eat something FAT. Maybe an avocado with 1 egg.

The carob drink I make has no sweetener but I guess we are all different. I make it to get more coconut fat in my day.

And I agree that eating more at a meal is good, I just cannot always eat that much at once. So it has to be split into two smaller meals. The snack was more of a refill after my walk.

Also, I cook with plenty of fat, and often drizzle more on top. I cook with coconut oil, sometimes homemade ghee, and palm oil. I use olive oil for my roasted veggies, and evoo on top of veggies.

Eating more fat might be good, but it might fill me up even more so I end up with even smaller meals...I just have to work on it. I don't really think eating 4 meals (3 + 1 snack) is so bad if I am including fat and protein, and eating after exercise. I could be wrong. Evev after numerous Whole30s I am still learning!! Thanks for the input!

Yes, that's a good strategy to eat a mini meal if you need meal 4!

Friday, day 4....

Meal 1: chicken in bone broth, coffee w/coconut milk, and Very Full

Walk, yoga flow, walk home

Meal 2: still not very hungry, but eat a bit: small bit of liver, green beans with toasted sesame oil, decf w/coconut milk, kombucha

Hungry later so, a bigger meal 3: chicken, small bit of beef, sauteed baby kale, green beans

Meal 4: (dinner time) chicken soup made w/ bone broth, carrots,celery, onions, garlic and parsnip, chicken w/ apricots, roast beef, green beans, sauteed kale, cucumber, tea, plantain chips

Now that was good!

I don't know if I mentioned I have homemade sauerkraut some days, and drink a few swigs of kombucha during the day. I love my homemade kraut!

Day 5 Meal 1: coffee w/ coc milk, smoked white fish,sauteed baby kale

Meal 2: grape juice (about 4 oz),apricot chicken, beef, green beans,cucumber sticks

Meal 3: banana, chicken legs, carob-coconut hot drink, green beans, dandelion-peppermint tea,plantain chips

Walked 2 miles and it was cold and windy.

Joints still puffy but not so sore and belly looks flatter. Could be wishful thinking, but something good is happening. Yesterday was almost a "kill all the things" day, but I took a deep breath and remained civil. Maybe it was yoga or maybe it was realizing the irrational "kill all" feeling coming, and breathing instead of biting people's heads off for nothing!

Off to sleep. Tomorrow night we are going out to eat. Fortunately I can get a steak and steamed veggies. I will make sure to eat plenty all day so I won't be really hungry at dinner. The food can somethings take a while to come at this restaurant.

Day 6

carob-coc milk hot drink before going out in the cold. not hungry yet.

Walk (.5 mi) to yoga, flow, walk home

Meal 1: 1 fish patty,  1 whole egg and some yolks cooked in palm shortening (left from making meringue cookies (for the family), green beans, watermelon radish, cucumbers, coffee with coc milk. Now that's filling! Time to work some more on art project.

Meal 2: my son made Onion soup!! Yum. Chicken leg and thigh. Tea with gelatin. Wilted spinach with olive oil and lemon juice.

Art project finally coming together, after a few different ideas, I think I got one that works.

Pre-meal 3 snack: chicken soup with chicken before going out 

finished project!

Meal 3: Steak and veggies at restaurant. 

Day 7: hemp protein, gelatin, banana, coconut cream, frozen strawberries, baby spinach blended. Just did not feel like having anything else yet.

coffee with coc. cream

Meal 2: chicken soup with carrots and celery, kraut, chicken, plantain chips

Meal 3:  clementine,apricot chicken, roasted brussel sprouts, broccoli,plantain chips

hot carob w/coc/ cream

3 dates

Day 9:

Meal 1: pureed zucchini, cauliflower, carrot soup, fish patty, white sweet potato w ghee,cucumber, avocado, clementine salad with evoo and lime juice, coffee w coc milk

Meal 2: chicken legs and brussel sprouts homemade plantain chips

Meal 3: pomegranate -orange- clementine juice( fresh!), chicken breast, sesame be beans, brussel sprouts

Apricot chicken and spinach late last night.

Day10, Meal 1:Chicken breast, brussel sprouts, pureed veg soup

Car trip to my Mom...about 4.5 hrs sitting uncomfortably. Short potty breaks.

Clementine in car.

Walk after arriving.

Meal 2: banana,coc cream, spinach, gel, avocado smoothie (made with stuff I don't want to spoil when we went away), smoked white fish

Plantain chips

More walking to dinner.

Meal 3:lamb chops!! Steamed veg, sweet potato fries! Ultra yum! Great restaurant food!

Back hurts ALOT today. Aleve and heating pad to the rescue. So much for the Whole30 being med free....I need to be able to sleep.

Day 11: smoked fish,pear, sauteed kale and mushrooms, coffee w coc milk, avocado,clementine

Meal 2: don't even recall eating

Meal 3: chicken soup,chicken, beef,sweet potato sauteed kale n shrooms

Day 12: smoked fish, green salad, pineaple, strawberries, coffee n coc milk

Meal 2: chicken soup,chicken,beef, sweet potato n carrots, kale, pineapple n strawberries

Meal 3: beef, pear

Day 13: 3 eggs,2 cups decaf coffee w coc milk,olive oil, greens,avocado,pear,clementine

Eating out for meal 2, possibly meal 3

Day 14 had a clementine and a pear during the afternoon, ended up with no lunch and had dinner (meal 3) of beef and sauteed kale with mushrooms. Banana? Don't recall eating anything else.

Day 15: eggs in olive oil, romaine lettuce,coffee w coc milk,avocado

Meal 2: seared salmon w skin! Sweet potato fries, mixed veggies

Snack: smoothie-almond milk and butter,banana,hemp protein,baby spinach...

Meal 3: chicken, sweet potato, cooked carrots and celery

Day 16: yoga

Eggs, romaine

Smoothie: coc milk,pineapple, banana,avocado

Meal 3: chicken bone broth w chicken, browned ground beef, cooked carrots and celery

Salting and sanding the driveway and back steps!

Day 17: meal1: eggs, coc oil, tea,banana, clementine

Meal 2: grilled chicken, cooked sweet and sour purple cabbage(sweetened with apples and apple juice), zucchini soup

Meal 3: grilled chicken, kraut,broccoli, mixed greens salad w cukes and avocado, fresh lime juice,evoo,purple sweet potato, sweet potato biscuits

Can't believe I'm more than half way through!! Go me.

Day 18: (wow) Hot carob w/coc milk and cinnamon

walk, yoga class, walk Meal 1: 1 small slice of lox, and

leftover broccoli, beef, zucchini-yellow squash, onions and garlic sauteed w/ italian herbs and olive oil,coffee w/coc milk,sweet potato biscuit w palm shortening

Meal 2: sweet and sour cabbage, beef, plantain chips

Meal 3: chicken bone broth soup, sweet potato kugel, s&s cabbage, mixed greens, roast beef

Day 18 snack:(meal 3 was early) pecans, 2 dates, banana

Day 19: slept about 10 hrs. Clearly had an exhausting week. Also had a nap today. Did NOT walk or even go outside.

Meal 1: lox, sweet potato biscuit, kraut, zucchini- mushroom Italian seasoning, palm shortening, coffee w coc milk, nettle- peppermint tea

Meal2: roast beef, sweet potato kugel, salad greens w avocado, lime, and evoo, s& s cabbage, broccoli

Meal 3: eggs w coc oil, sweet potato biscuit, zucchini- mushroom Italian seasoning, dandelion-peppermint tea

I feel ready for bed, and I just got up from a nap....

Well rested this morning. But its been a long day.

Yoga,some walking. Want to try bodyweight exercises, maybe start tomorrow.

Meal 1: grilled chicken in soup, zucchini- mushroom sautee.

Meal 2 : decaf w coc milk, roast beef,kraut

Banana

Apple w sunbutter

Meal 3: grilled lamb, roasted asparagus,kraut,cukes baby carrots, plantain chips,pecans

Full!

I want to join the January Whole30, since there's a few things I would like to change. Over "vacation" we often skipped lunch, or I only had a smoothie. And the sweet potato biscuits are a "paleofied" thing, I am thinking.

So today I will say. I am going to continue on until February 1 with the rest of the January folks. So I am not half done after all...

Day 21 of my personal start or Day 2 of Jan.

Meal 1: chickrothen bone broth w chicken, baby kale sauteed in coc oil, leftover lamb, nettle- peppermint tea

Drank lots of water today, very cold and dry

Meal 2: leftover roast beef, purple sweet potatoes w onions that were cooked w beef, mixed greens

Meal 3:maybe fish patties w baby spinach?

Day 21 (jan start day 2)

snack: somewhat green banana, 2 slices of apple, 2 spoonfuls of sunny butter

Meal 3: fish patties, cooked baby spinach, olive oil, hot carob w cinnamon, gel, coc cream

Full! 

did alot of stuff today, no formal exercise. Way too cold to do much walking! Time to finish an art project.

Archived