Coconut sugar in coconut aminos

midwestgirl80

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Up to day 18 - was sitting down to eat my delicious breakfast of eggs, mushroom, tomatoes, with rocket, leftover salmon and avocado lightly splashed with...you know where I'm going...Niulife Coconut Aminos Sauce!  I did have a lightbulb moment earlier where I was wondering why I was liking this stuff so much.  And like you guys I was so excited to find it at my local healthfood store.  But then I read the label and found this thread on the forums.  Bugger.

Lesson One - read the labels.

Lesson Two - if something tastes sweet and it's not a piece of fruit then your bulls&^t detector should light up like a Christmas tree.

Lesson Three - tomorrow is day 19.

yes it is compliant

Here's the nutrition data on the Coconut Secret Aminos - TOTALLY different than the one they were having issues with:

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 tbsp. (5 mL)
Servings per Container: 48

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Calories 5 *

Total Fat 0 g 0%

Trans Fat 0 g *

Sodium 113 mg 5%

Total Carbohydrate 1 g 0%

Sugars 0 g *

Protein 0 g *

*Daily value not established.
Other Ingredients: Organic coconut sap aged and blended with sun-dried, mineral-rich sea salt.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I have a brand called banaban that lists it's only ingredients as 'fermented organic coconut sap and natural sea salt' however the carb/sugar content is listed at 32g per 100g. That seems excessively high to me. Does that mean it's non whole 30 compliant?

I have a brand called banaban that lists it's only ingredients as 'fermented organic coconut sap and natural sea salt' however the carb/sugar content is listed at 32g per 100g. That seems excessively high to me. Does that mean it's non whole 30 compliant?

It's fine. The ingredients are compliant.

Archived