Coconut Butter?

idauria

I agree about the ghee. I admit that I am in love with it. It's amazing to me. My 27 year old daughter said "I never knew butter could taste like this" when she tried it for the first time.

Coconut butter..I loved it a little too much. I had to ban it from my house. It's really good on blueberries (or any berry). That was my favorite use for it.

About the ghee....is it more cost effective to make my own? I've never done it before so for my first foray I figured it would be better to try store bought.

Many say making your own clarified butter is more cost effective. I have not done that. Worth a try though. Just google to get the "how to".

My coconut butter is rock hard. When I try to soften it in hot water the edges turn liquidy with a big hard lump in the middle. I can't stir it. How am I supposed to use it? I can't even scrape any off the top of the jar. Also is the constant reheating causing any damage?

Sometimes I have to break down and microwave the coconut but the first time to get it soft enough to mix...I usually will heat in in 30 second increments...once it's soft enough stick a knife right down in the middle and stir until completely mixed together. You will only have to do this once...the rest of the time it should soften up in warm water. Although I will admit when I'm short on time a 30 second blast in the microwave works every time...

My favorite way to enjoy coconut butter is drizzled over frozen berries...so delish! It is also very decadent in a pitted date...yum!

Archived