starting again...

thenewdrl

So I eat parsnip and carrots and zucchini in my soup...wouldn't that be enough? I have about 2-3 bowls a day. Maybe too much?

And yes I have hormone imbalance, I am trying to correct it through whole30. I have been very very good about portion control with my meats and fats usually, I do let myself have all the vegetables though. I can only handle cooked vegetables right now. Today I just wanted more meat and more salmon. Oy. What's gonna be with me. I want to do this properly and well.

You said you were avoiding starchy vegetables which isn't a part of the Whole30 program. We recommend you don't avoid starches and eat to the template.

If you're not getting enough energy you'll just be hungry.

How many cups of those veggies would you have per day? (not cups of soup, cups of veggies)

As stated in a previous post, I am eating carrots, zucchinis, occasional parsnip...I eat them in the form of soup. Roasting them leads to food without breaks. I just like them too  much. Some days I will have shredded carrots sauteed, somedays none of the above...It all depends on what I have around the house. I cannot have them in the form of soup as I can down half the pot in one sitting. 

You state that this is a hormonal imbalance...what tools can you recommend for me to overcome this issue?

This morning for breakfast I had:

2 eggs fried in oil

grass fed french steak ( more than a palm)

sauteed mushrooms, onions and power greens. 

added in a handful of cut parsnip

coconut cream in my coffee

please help me with my meals. 

Also, I think I need to give up eggs. I am have cut out nightshades already as those seemed to have bothered me, more raw than cooked...

What can I replace my three eggs with in the morning? Would also be helpful if it wouldnt break the bank...

Thank you!

• Moderators

You might try tossing in some cubed or shredded rutabaga, beets, or apple in with your food -- that way, it's mixed in with all of the other flavors in your dish as opposed to in a big pile on your plate where you can taste it on its own.

Examples:

• ground lamb, broccoli, garlic, cubed or shredded rutabaga
  • shredded or cubed chicken, cauliflower, bell peppers, curry powder, coconut milk, small diced butternut squash
  • canned salmon, homemade mayo, chopped celery over a bed of lettuce and grated carrots
  • scramble with meat and/or eggs, onion, lots of spinach, small diced (or grated) apple

You can do this!

Drink some tea.  Or chew on some mint leaves or fennel seeds.

Generally a craving lasts anywhere between 3 and 5 minutes - we encourage you to work through the cravings and distract yourself by doing something else - go clean something, go for a walk, read a magazine, do push ups - anything to distract yourself.

Been almost 30 days...I hadn't binged, ate according to the template...and yesterday I tried on a skirt and it was tight!!! I feel like I gained weight :( my functional med Doctor whom I see this week is going to try to get me to go on his shake (has crap in it) if I didn't lose weight this month!!!! I'm so frustrated. I'm just looking for encouragement or suggestions to tweak...am I eating too much fat? I was feeling so good about this. I didn't see many changes other than my skin is super clear and people tell me I'm glowing...and I am in a great steady happy mood constantly, even when things don't go the way I would have wanted. I eat three meals a day. Drink my water. Try to get enough sleep- I say try because I haven't had a good solid 7-8 hours in a long time. But I have been going to sleep when I feel tired at 8 pm haha. For the 30 days I had been pretty fatigued so I did some walking here and there but stayed out of the boxing gym. I do plan on going back there though. I added in the carb at meal 3 and it could be its helping with sleep and energy over all. Just looking for an ear and some constructive criticism.

Just looking for an ear and some constructive criticism.

Hi there,

I removed your post starting another thread this morning that essentially asks the same question. I know you're frustrated and uncomfortable with bloat and indigestion. Per the forum rules, please do not cross post.

It's been 10 days since we've seen your meal details. Can you post the past few days worth of your meals and beverage consumption, including portion sizes and amount of water you're consuming daily?  Also, is it still or sparking water you're having? With that information, we can give you more specific feedback on possible tweaks.

I began my whole 30 on the 4th, and just had to re-start on the 14th. I started this whole 30 in an attempt to fix my digestive issues  ( especially post-holiday cookie frenzie) and to fix my dependency on food. I am not over weight, because I tend to eat a very healthy diet, however I get into these times when I simply want to do nothing but eat. I finish a meal and am sad because I just don't know what to do next, so I snack.. on anything. Sometimes its not bad, and sometimes its terrible. I used to eat a meal and then move on with my day, now for the past few years I eat and my mind keeps revisiting what I ate and what I will eat next. I try and keep my snacking healthy, fruit, nuts, but I always go overboard. Especially with nuts and nut butters. I don't know why but they feel SO right when I eat them, like Im craving the high amounts of fat or something. I tried cutting out the nuts this time around, but I found myself getting really sick of a lot of my food and I don't know how healthy it is for me to eliminate a healthy food and restrict myself further, it almost makes me angry, like my mind has gotten so bad that I have to cut out healthy food now?? I don't know. I'm just wondering if anyone else has felt similarly, or has any advice. I'm not messing it up this time around. 

Hi there,

I removed your post starting another thread this morning that essentially asks the same question. I know you're frustrated and uncomfortable with bloat and indigestion. Per the forum rules, please do not cross post.

It's been 10 days since we've seen your meal details. Can you post the past few days worth of your meals and beverage consumption, including portion sizes and amount of water you're consuming daily?  Also, is it still or sparking water you're having? With that information, we can give you more specific feedback on possible tweaks.

Thank you for replying. I am sorry about the double post. Just. Need. Help.

Yesterday

Meal 1:

Four turkey patties (1/3 pound)

Homemade coconut butter mayo

Broccoli slaw cooked in coconut oil

Coffee with coconut cream

Meal 2:

Chicken liver

Half an avocado

Roasted vegetables in coconut oil

Meal 3:

Four turkey patties

Homemade coconut butter mayo

About three big bowls of zucchini soup

I only drank about 14 cups of water yesterday.

Friday:

Meal 1:

Smoked salmon

Shredded cabbage and carrots

Half avocado

Coffee with coconut cream

Meal 2:

Chicken liver

Half avocado

Riced cauliflower

Meal 3:

Four turkey patties

Coconut butter mayo

Sautéed veggies in coconut oil

Drank about 14 cups of water.

The veggies are always on the higher side- so between two and four cups cooked.

The coconut cream in my coffee is heaping spoon atleast

I have been eating coconut products all along with no problems.

Thank you for replying. I am sorry about the double post. Just. Need. Help.

I wonder if the broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage could be causing your bloat? Maybe back off those and any cruciferous veggies for a few days?

While you've had coconut all along, perhaps you've hit a cumulative threshold that's not working for you? I'd try rotating in other fats and not using coconut products as heavily, and see if you notice a difference.

I began my whole 30 on the 4th, and just had to re-start on the 14th. I started this whole 30 in an attempt to fix my digestive issues  ( especially post-holiday cookie frenzie) and to fix my dependency on food. I am not over weight, because I tend to eat a very healthy diet, however I get into these times when I simply want to do nothing but eat. I finish a meal and am sad because I just don't know what to do next, so I snack.. on anything. Sometimes its not bad, and sometimes its terrible. I used to eat a meal and then move on with my day, now for the past few years I eat and my mind keeps revisiting what I ate and what I will eat next. I try and keep my snacking healthy, fruit, nuts, but I always go overboard. Especially with nuts and nut butters. I don't know why but they feel SO right when I eat them, like Im craving the high amounts of fat or something. I tried cutting out the nuts this time around, but I found myself getting really sick of a lot of my food and I don't know how healthy it is for me to eliminate a healthy food and restrict myself further, it almost makes me angry, like my mind has gotten so bad that I have to cut out healthy food now?? I don't know. I'm just wondering if anyone else has felt similarly, or has any advice. I'm not messing it up this time around. 

I removed all nut butters from my house before I started on 1/1 because it is a total food with no brakes for me. I still have nuts a couple times a week, but put an appropriate portion in a baggie (to take to work) or a little bowl to eat with a meal at home. When the bowl/baggie is empty, then I'm done. It's not necessarily about completely cutting out a healthy food, but learning how to eat it mindfully. I cannot mindfully eat nut butters right now so I'm waiting on them. I don't need almond butter to survive. It'll still be at Trader Joe's when February comes. 

And about not knowing what to do next and starting to snack, have you thought about trying a new hobby? Something that'll occupy both your hands and your mind so snacking wouldn't work? Adult coloring is huge right now or maybe knitting/crochet, even just picking up a new book from the library to read?

That said, you may be craving fat if there isn't enough in your meals. Can you post a day or two's worth of meals with portion sizes?  :D

I am almost a week past the 30 day mark. I plan on continuing to eat this way for life. I went to the doctor yesterday and I got weighed. I've lost 6 lbs. I'm someone with hashimotos, adrenal fatigue, and weight to lose, someone who has tried every diet. I've pretty much followed the template of three meals a day. Sometimes I had more protein than normal when I felt like it. I'm proud of the 6 lbs. it's not making a dent in my amount I need to lose but it's a start and atleast I didn't gain! Didn't count calories and didn't step foot in the gym this month (low energy)

I do need some help with something. I added in sweet potatoes to my meal 3 to help with energy and sleeping thru the night. But i feel that it wakes my sugar dragon. I haven't had fruit and I need to stay away from it. For example, I decided to make a double batch of oriental sweet potatoes in coconut oil and salt twice this week- both times I ate the entire pan. And then I'm scrounging for something else to eat

Because my dragon woke up. Should I cut the sweet potatoes? Do I just have to practice better self control?

Also should I cut down on my portions to lose more weight? I'm having lots and lots.

Also, I am cutting out eggs as I have autoimmune and still have stomach problems.

Also, I love liver but it gives me major indigestion I thought I was having a heart attack

Also I'm going on vacation next week. Staying at a friend. She isn't a healthy eater. We will be out and about. And eggs are easy but out for me...what to eat on the go? I found jerky but I don't know if it's compliant.

Sorry for so many thoughts. I am looking for guidance.

Thank you.

If you have a really hard time not eating the whole pan of sweet potatoes, don't cook a double batch. You know you're not going to eat raw sweet potatoes so if it's a food with no brakes for you, only cook enough for one meal at a time. 

Also, 6 lbs definitely puts a dent in what you need to lose. It's 6 lbs closer to your goal, so it's progress (don't shortchange yourself!).

Read the ingredients on the jerky and decide if you want to eat is. You're post-Whole30 so you can decide if you want to off-road some. 

It's been a while since you posted what you're eating and portion sizes, so I wouldn't cut portion sizes until getting some input on what you've eaten lately. Making your meals too small isn't going to actually help you lose more weight. 

Archived