Whole30 Newbie - Starting Today!

CherriC

I just finished reading It Starts with Food, and I am making my way through the Whole30 book. This is my first time starting the Whole30 and I am really excited to get started.  I spent most of my morning cleaning out the fridge and pantry, and I am feeling really good about this program. I even got my mom to give it a try.  I look forward to taking this journey with the rest of you all and can't wait to hear about your successes as well as struggles.

May first day went well, especially considering the sugar binge from the day before. Today, I am heading to the store to stock up on the groceries I will need for the week. I intend to make some meals ahead, so I have things I can grab on the go. Work is always the hardest challenge for me, because of the on-site cafe and never ending potlucks.

Let me know how your first day went.

Hi I started yesterday as well, this is my third whole30, the first year i was 95% compliant felt very good and have never been skinnier in my life! Then i got pregnant and hated vegetables fir a while... Ate non whole30 compliant for the first three months! While pregnant did my second w30 and was great for my baby, but had pressure to add dairy and legumes back on. My baby is now a month old and i feel like i need to ear healthier to nurture her better. So bye bye sugars, procesed foods and dairy! Welcome veggies and proteins!

Yesterday was my day 1:

M1 hard boiled eggs and cooked beets (i love that mix)

M2: tuna salada w/ homemade mayo + tomatoes+ lettuce

M3 chicken broth w/plantains

Today day2: m1: scrambled eggs with onions, tomatoes and ham

M2: sweet potatoes + ropa vieja + roasted brussel sprouts

M3 will be fried plantains with more ropa vieja (shredded beef) and almond zucchini sticks

Good luck all!!! Third day is usually the most difficult for me as I start craving sugars as crazy :o

Hi Cherri! I was surprised to see that you live in Meridian, Idaho! SO DO I! And we started Whole30 on the same day! This is my 2nd Whole30 and I learned a lot the first time around about what stores in town have what, so if you have any questions I would be more than happy to answer them!!! Good luck! And let's try not to freeze to death, eh? 

Archived