CALLING ALL JANUARY 1ST WHOLE30ERS!

found.in.nature

Calling all January 1st Whole30'ers! Where are you?! Whether you're a newbie or veteran let's gather here for support and encouragement to start off 2016 with a bang! Who else is starting Jan 1? Comment here and introduce yourself! Let's do this!

I'm Keely and I live in KS. I've done about 7-8 Whole30's in the past couple of years and it's never failed me. But I feel like I need this one more than ever. I let the holidays totally kick my ass. I plan to extend this Whole30 in to 60 or even a 90 maybe! January 1st is welcome here! :) Bring it, 2016!

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in, too! This will be my fourth W30, and I am so looking forward to the tiger blood again (or what I like to call, "sparkle energy")!

Anyone have the feeling like they're on a roller coaster that just started ascending the first hill and it's nearly at the top and even though this ride will be super fun there's still a feeling of "what did I get myself into?" Yeah, me too. Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!

Welcome, missmunchie! I've felt the coaster feeling for the last couple of months! Which is how I know I need a whole30 so badly! It's going to be so WORTH IT!  :)  Glad we're in this together!

I'm in, too! This will be my fourth W30, and I am so looking forward to the tiger blood again (or what I like to call, "sparkle energy")!

Anyone have the feeling like they're on a roller coaster that just started ascending the first hill and it's nearly at the top and even though this ride will be super fun there's still a feeling of "what did I get myself into?" Yeah, me too. Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!

Hi there, Carolyn here! This will be my first Whole30, I'm really excited.  

I'm 28 and live in SF, grateful for my friends who are into healthy eating...slightly concerned about my picky eater boyfriend, but hopefully he'll enjoy the Whole30 food though not on it himself!

Greetings!  A first-timer Sofie from the beautiful Pacific NW here.  Going to give Whole30 my best shot, starting Jan 1st.  So great to do this with a group of like-minded people!  :)

I already posted my intro in the Log section, so here is a shortened version:

I have never been able to follow a strict diet for more than 14 days, but I am currently experimenting with Paleo lifestyle and changing my mindset from a "temporary restrictive diet" to a "real-food lifestyle change".

A brief intro:

• Female
  • Mid 40s
  • Sugar addict (especially a week before that special monthly event :P )
  • Explorer of a wide variety of diets since 19 y.o. :blink:
  • Experienced yo-yo dieter :ph34r:
  • Former believer that fat, meat, and eggs are bad and grain is good :o
  • Current believer that I finally have the maturity to understand that I don't have to be skinny, but I do have to eat well and be healthy.  :)

Hi there, Carolyn here! This will be my first Whole30, I'm really excited.  

I'm 28 and live in SF, grateful for my friends who are into healthy eating...slightly concerned about my picky eater boyfriend, but hopefully he'll enjoy the Whole30 food though not on it himself!

A fellow Bay Area resident, good to meet you! :)

Hello Everyone! This is my second round and I did so well on my first go.  But being brutally honest with myself, I let all the issues in my life take over.  I know that everyone has issues and its no excuse.  Honestly I have been dealing with some serious stuff and I let it get the better of me.  But no more.  I already know how GREAT The Whole30 is. I just plan to not give up again :)

Good luck to all!

I am 46 and live in sunny South Florida.  This year I plan to run my first 10K!! 

Life happens, welcome back, rosecord!

Hello Everyone! This is my second round and I did so well on my first go.  But being brutally honest with myself, I let all the issues in my life take over.  I know that everyone has issues and its no excuse.  Honestly I have been dealing with some serious stuff and I let it get the better of me.  But no more.  I already know how GREAT The Whole30 is. I just plan to not give up again :)

Good luck to all!

I am 46 and live in sunny South Florida.  This year I plan to run my first 10K!! 

I'm in!

I have never responded in a forum so this is new for me.  As is the whole30. 

lots of newness in my life and i am embracing it all.

i'm excited and committed, and can't wait to see what changes and how I feel.

stats:

62, female

newly separated

sleeping in my own room and loving it

psoriasis, digestive issues, about 10 lbs overweight

sugar addict, chocolate addict

excited for a new start

I'm in!

I have never responded in a forum so this is new for me.  As is the whole30. 

lots of newness in my life and i am embracing it all.

i'm excited and committed, and can't wait to see what changes and how I feel.

stats:

62, female

newly separated

sleeping in my own room and loving it

psoriasis, digestive issues, about 10 lbs overweight

sugar addict, chocolate addict

excited for a new start

Hi SharynP,

Looks like we have a few things in common - our location, our sugar/chocolate addiction, being new to Whole30, and enjoying sleeping in our own room after sharing one for ? years.  :)  Let's stay in touch and let's do this!! 

Hello Wendy here from Northern California's Wine Country - Windsor, CA -  Yes, I say this a bit for sympathy, as wine is a food group and staple if you live in this region!  I am starting my first Whole30 on Friday, Jan. 1st.   I have recruited my daughter and boyfriend to join me so we can support each other.  My book arrived today and I have already read through half of it.  We went grocery shopping for the right foods already.  I am looking to make some of the bone broths this week to have as a hot beverage throughout the day so stave off cravings and snacking habits throughout the day.   I also have my fitbit charged and ready.   Hopping to get at least 3 miles per day. I look forward to all your support and to supporting you! 

I'll actually be starting on 12/31 because that's my first day off of a 4 day weekend, and i would like to get the carb flu out of the way as best I can before I have to go back to work. I've been really bad these last few months and I really need to get back on track. I'll be doing a modified AIP whole30, as I react to Nightshades and some nuts and seeds. will there be an official FB group as well like there was last year?

Good luck to all!

Welcome, rosecord! Don't beat yourself up - we all get our shit handed to us at times. It happens! Time to get back on track and if you're anything like me - nothing straightens me up quite like the Whole30 does. I find that it translates in to every other area of my life. When I eat good/feel good, my relationships are better, my business is better, etc. Funny how that works. :) We're glad to have you!

I'll actually be starting on 12/31 because that's my first day off of a 4 day weekend, and i would like to get the carb flu out of the way as best I can before I have to go back to work. I've been really bad these last few months and I really need to get back on track. I'll be doing a modified AIP whole30, as I react to Nightshades and some nuts and seeds. will there be an official FB group as well like there was last year?

Hey Vian! Welcome! It sounds like many of us have really struggled the last couple of months. Time to get to work! :) We're glad you're here. I know Whole30 is "hosting" a huge January 1 Whole30 so make sure you follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or whatever. I don't know that they create a specific Facebook group for it but I know they really make specific posts for all of those doing a Jan 1 start day. :)

Hello Wendy here from Northern California's Wine Country - Windsor, CA -  Yes, I say this a bit for sympathy, as wine is a food group and staple if you live in this region!  I am starting my first Whole30 on Friday, Jan. 1st.   I have recruited my daughter and boyfriend to join me so we can support each other.  My book arrived today and I have already read through half of it.  We went grocery shopping for the right foods already.  I am looking to make some of the bone broths this week to have as a hot beverage throughout the day so stave off cravings and snacking habits throughout the day.   I also have my fitbit charged and ready.   Hopping to get at least 3 miles per day. I look forward to all your support and to supporting you! 

Welcome Goodess Wendy! I hear you on the wine - I used to drink wine many times per week and that was difficult on my first couple of Whole30's. You can do it!!! And it's always better when you have others to do a whole30 with. I wish I could get my hubs to do it with me but haven't been able to do that yet. :) 

Hello Everyone,

I will be starting my very first Whole 30 on January 1st 2016!

I am excited but also quite anxious, for several reasons:

- I have convinced my husband and children to join me in the Whole 30 and I hope that I can provide adequate meals to ensure that we stick with the      programme for 30 days.

- I am a Nigerian living in Nigeria (Africa) and a lot of the ingredients, vegetables and recipes are either unknown or unavailable.

|However, I am very happy to see that Yam and Bone broth are acceptable foods. I will be posting about my experience and I hope all goes well.

Hello Everyone,

I will be starting my very first Whole 30 on January 1st 2016!

I am excited but also quite anxious, for several reasons:

- I have convinced my husband and children to join me in the Whole 30 and I hope that I can provide adequate meals to ensure that we stick with the      programme for 30 days.

- I am a Nigerian living in Nigeria (Africa) and a lot of the ingredients, vegetables and recipes are either unknown or unavailable.

|However, I am very happy to see that Yam and Bone broth are acceptable foods. I will be posting about my experience and I hope all goes well.

Hi Felicitas! It's great you can get the whole family on board! I haven't convinced my husband a Whole30 is a good idea yet :)

I'm not sure what foods are typically available to you, but I bet you will be able to put together some creative meals with local foods that aren't available elsewhere. As long as it's an animal, vegetable, or fruit, you're generally good to eat it :) Feel free to post any questions you have over compliant foods. Best of luck to you!

Hi everyone, I'm doing my first Whole30 starting January 1st.  Tried to do one last summer, but with extra people in our house, it just didn't work.  I am:

52 and married (husband is going along with me as I do most of the cooking :D )

really want to see what is causing inflammation, skin itching, muscle and joint aches

sugar addict (haven't met a cookie I didn't like)

Just want to be healthy for my grandkids.

We can do this!!!!

Hello, you beautiful health-seeking people!

I'm Emiley, from Phx, AZ. While I'm not busy shoveling sunshine, I like to play with my dogs, play disc golf, make crafty things, and read collections of words. I have done W30 and several shorter resets in the past two years, but I NEED #JanuaryWhole30 like…bad. My husband and I have been traveling all over the world for the past 9 months, and I have exercised almost no self control regarding food. No apologies though, because I chose to indulge and I wouldn't have done it any differently…if you're interested in our travels feel free to check out our blog and say hi in the comments! http://www.careysquared.com

Looking forward to a great month with you all!

Archived