CALLING ALL JANUARY 1ST WHOLE30ERS!

found.in.nature

Day 12 down for me, missed checking in yesterday, real life weighed in. The temperature was really hot here yesterday and today (although it is waning somewhat now) and that just wiped my appetite I have to say. Stayed compliant but went cold food/salads until the evening meal when I threw a steak on the barbecue and did some yummy veggies on there too (too hot to cook inside). I have to say when I heard the news of David Bowie's death yesterday it was probably the biggest impulse I have had to date on this W30 journey to crack a bottle of champagne open and raise a glass to one of my biggest musical heroes (to accompany the listening I did last night to all of my favourite albums of his)..but I didn't, instead I had a glass of san pellegrino and threw some raspberries in it and recalled all manner of ways Bowie has created the soundtrack to my life. Am extremely sad about it but equally inspired by someone who created such colour, musical genius and art right up to the very end of his life-what an amazing legacy to leave! 

So today M1 was a throw together meal of vegetable leftovers from last night with two eggs (used duck fat).

M2-was too hot to go out to the shops so had a scatty meal of tuna, baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, avocado with olive oil and balsamic.

M3-still too hot to cook but I went to the shops (air con blazing in the car) and got some freshly cooked tiger prawns and made a delicious salad of baby spinach, avocado, prawns, olives, cherry tomatoes with olive oil and balsamic dressing. 

Have taken a few photos of meals, will upload them when I have a few more. Am really enjoying all the insights people are sharing on here about their food behaviours. Hope all are doing well! 

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been inspired by the number of times folks here have mentioned "butcher" so I found one about 15 miles away. Bought some fresh antibiotic-free pork chops. The butcher cut them right there for me. Have never had anything like them! I buy local at the farmers markets all summer, but the meat is always frozen. These chops were absolutely amazing. Love the inspiration I get here.

It does make all the difference - at first was a bit sceptic, since I had the habit of buying meat in the closest supermarket, but now that I tasted the difference (and felt it in my wallet, because straight from the farm is actually cheaper) I'm never going back. My husband, not at all doing whole30 and eating a bag of crisps every evening, agrees that if there's one change that's staying forever it's the butcher!

So far, I've also convinced him on freshly made granola (I made it to complement potential snacks at work during hectic times, ended up barely eating any of it, since he ate it all - I was happy he was at least eating something natural instead of processed junk), freshly made mayo and broth. My husband is a notorious addict to store bought broth from premium brands (averaging at $5-6 per package) and now is perfectly happy to use the fresh / frozen goodness that comes from chicken and vegetables.

Day 11 so far - have been 100% compliant so far and feeling very energized. Have the idea that my stomach is flatter and was so tempted this morning to step on the scales, but didn't.

M1: Grass fed pure beef minced meat with some bacon and green beans - should have added a dressing or something

M2: Leftover from this morning, but this time will make a dressing, thinking about something with lots of chile

M3: Zoodles with bolognaise made on sunday (flavors will have set by now - am looking forward to this one)

Tomorrow will be big challenge #2 - I have a business lunch during which I don't want to be perceived as 'the fickly b-word that won't eat anything'.

Lunch will be served by our in-house catering, so I've given them a heads up on what I can and can not eat, but do hope they stick to it...

Did find it tremendously hard to explain - sugar free, carb free, dairy free and no processed cooking oils please - they looked at me like I was crazy, then I emphasized that any store bought broth or dressing had sugar in it and that they should avoid processed meats as well - that seemed to confirm their idea that I was indeed crazy in the coconut (mmm coconut - reminds me that I have one waiting on me in the fridge for post-dinner this evening).

So yeah, not sure if the message got through, so I think I'll just not eat whatever causes reasonable doubt and will foresee a pot of cucumber / carrot sticks and some home made meatloaf for afternoon snack. Rather go hangry than start over at this point...

yes i am a new whole30 person and am on day 16... the cravings in my mind have definitly not stopped and frankly i am not sure i will have any will power left after 30 days! i keep dreaming of half and half and honey in my coffee. the good thing is that my moods are incredibly even now and this has been a great relief. my stomach is flatter but i dont think ive lost weight but i feel thinner and have more energy. but whats going to happine when my 30 days are over??? i feel like i could go on a sugar bender!

Sorry, using my phone to post is not as easy as it appears. :)

When I work out in the morning, I definitely eat something within the first hour I'm up but otherwise, it's probably closer to 2.5 hours before I'm eating...mostly because I commute in to work so my mornings are a bit of a rush.

Does anyone have any great suggestions for something I could eat on a train (meaning portable and isn't too difficult or smelly)? :)

Also, would you say it's more important to eat something (anything compliant) or more important what I actually eat?

When I work out in the morning, I definitely eat something within the first hour I'm up but otherwise, it's probably closer to 2.5 hours before I'm eating...mostly because I commute in to work so my mornings are a bit of a rush.

Does anyone have any great suggestions for something I could eat on a train (meaning portable and isn't too difficult or smelly)? :)

Also, would you say it's more important to eat something (anything compliant) or more important what I actually eat?

I like wrapping things in nori sheets, like chicken thighs, cucumbers, avocados basically anything or any mix you might throw in a sushi roll but sans rice. Frittata's are also a favourite for me, omelette rolls, lettuce cups/wraps those sorts of things. 

I had developed a (bad) habit of having breakfast in my car on days where I need to leave really early.

Portable and non-smelly breakfasts for me so far have been:

- boiled eggs with a container of vegetables (anything 'stickshaped' seems to work for me: cucumber, carrots, pre-cooked beans)

- Cold slices of meatloaf (made them with onions, bell peppers, egg yoke and plenty of seasoning) again with a container of vegetables

- As mentioned by Born Sandy, also once did a omelette roll with broccoli and tomato and fresh mayo in it - this was for sure my favorite breakfast so far!

Usually I now get up half an hour early and get something warm though - tastes so much better.

I have to restart my whole 30 today :(

I was doing so well (even though I say so myself) until Sunday when I unknowingly had potatoes fried in soya oil. I had fried some batches of sweet potatoes and white potatoes with a little olive oil in the pan. She poured in extra oil from a bottle of oil in my store. I didnt realize this until I had eaten my meal and went into the kitchen where I noticed that there was so much more oil in the pan!!! Obviously I have not done a good enough job of clearing my house of non-compliant Whole 30 food.

So, Today is day one again for me  :mellow:

Day 3 of my restart (day 12 originally). Generally I'm feeling good but I think I'm still suffering from those flecks of cheese as I have had bloating flare ups again. And I'm craving bone broth! Visions of thick gelatin are puncturing my day! I don't think I'm getting quite enough fat - shopping day is still two days off and I'm out of avacardo and olives.

I also investigated natural toothpaste today. "Thrives" brand popped up. Does anyone else use non chemical toothpaste?

I'm so glad you enjoyed your dinner and those are some serious victories... the fries sound delicious.

I am going to be the bearer of bad news tho... if the burger patty or mushrooms had soy or dairy or grains, you're shorting yourself out of finding out how those things really affect your body.

These ARE important discoveries to make... after the full Whole30 and reintroductions, you're much better equipped to know how rigid you want to be when dining out. Personally, I'd rather NOT ask about restaurant oils, but I also know now that if I get dosed with soy oil, I better be close to a bathroom about 20 min after my first bite.

You owe it to yourself to have a full 30 days of clean eating...

I would plan going forward in the next couple of days to see how you feel after this dinner. Be very honest with yourself if you feel stuffy, headachey, digestive distressed etc and then decide if you should start over. We can't MAKE you start over and the entire meal could have been compliant but you don't know because you chose not to ask....

I'm not saying any of this to diminish your major victories tonight... at all! I think learning that we can be strong in the face of temptation is one of the greatest lessons to learn because as you do it, it gets easier and easier... I just wanted to be frank about how your choice tonight may affect you.

I may try to find out about the seasoning and oils etc today.  I remembered that a client's son works at this restaurant, so I may seek out more info.  I can tell you however, barring some horrid reaction from my body, I do not want to start over.  I know I know... this probably goes against the purest form of W30 :wacko: I understand where you are coming from, and I will think about it.  For now, I am just not going to eat out because I can control things so much better at home (and don't mind being extremely rigid with choices at home!).  I appreciate your thoughts and comments.  Will keep you posted.  Have a great day :)

• Moderators

Day 3 of my restart (day 12 originally). Generally I'm feeling good but I think I'm still suffering from those flecks of cheese as I have had bloating flare ups again. And I'm craving bone broth! Visions of thick gelatin are puncturing my day! I don't think I'm getting quite enough fat - shopping day is still two days off and I'm out of avacardo and olives.

I also investigated natural toothpaste today. "Thrives" brand popped up. Does anyone else use non chemical toothpaste?

Yep, I use Green Beaver. It works great!  I've used both the cinnamon and the frosty mint and I give both of them two thumbs up.  I also use Uncle Harry's clay toothpaste. That one's a bit weird to get used to but it is great for whitening and breath freshening!

Hey team...

I have not checked in since late last week but still going strong.  I had a setback in my exercise program this weekend as my wife and I dropped off our daughter at "drama club" downtown Kingston this Saturday AM and we were walking to get me a coffee (black, Starbucks Americano) and do some shopping for the 1 hour she was at the class.  About 5 minutes into the walk, there was a pothole right in the crosswalk and I was talking with my wife and did not see it.  I rolled my left ankle pretty bad and it is sore and swollen now.  This of course, makes the eating part that much more important.  I am still on plan and working hard to at setting myself up for success.  Lots of food prep, planning and having good options available (but not too many options).

Cheers

DJ

The power of Mustard!!!

I have a number of the books (Nom Nom Paleo, Well Fed, Well Fed 2, W30 book, ISWF, Simply Paleo cookbook) but I have never taken the time or effort to make either BBQ sauce or Ketchup that is W30 compliant.  I can tell you that grainy Dijon mustard is a staple in my house.  I use mustard, chili seasoning and garlic powder (sometimes organic Ms. Dash too) as a rub for just about any meat.  I typically use it on pork chops, chicken and beef.  Of course you need to check ingredients (some Dijon have wine in them and some chili seasoning have sugar) but I really, really enjoy this coating on meat and it is very easy and was already in my fridge pre-W30.

I use the same spice mix with EVOO on either potato or sweet potato wedges roasted in the oven.  

I can say that mustard maybe is in my top ten list of most important things in my kitchen when it comes to W30 success.  If you have not already, experiment with it!

Cheers

DJ

Struggle of the day: watching my coworker eating 3 of my favorite items from the hospital cafeteria...fried zucchini, chicken Monterrey (chicken breast topped with onion, green bell pepper, bacon, and cheese), and squash casserole (made with lots of bacon and cheese). Our cafeteria is actually pretty awesome btw.

I tried so hard to focus on how good my jalapeño chicken burger topped with homemade pico de gallo and mixed greens with homemade lime cilantro vinaigrette tasted, as well as how bad I would feel after eating those other things. I've actually been doing pretty well with cravings, but seeing that made my sugar dragon throw a hissy fit. I have been okay with watching my friends eat creme brûlée and saying no to homemade cookies brought in by a patient's family; however, this one got to me. Time to regroup and move on...

Well, 1/3 of the way through this. At this point I'd grade myself a C - I haven't eaten anything off plan, but I haven't had near enough veggies and my meal timing needs work. If I let myself I'd survive on bulletproof style coffee, boiled eggs and macadamia nuts. Today I had coffee with ghee and coconut oil, then when I got to work about half a serving of salmon with a mix of broccoli, yellow squash and mushrooms. Lunch was beef brisket, carrots and Greek salad. I had an afternoon snack of two boiled eggs, decaf, and a grapefruit. Supper was unstuffed cabbage - with ground beef, ground chicken and tomatoes.

I still haven't purged my pantry. There isn't much in it that is off plan - everything that has gluten or other grains is in a separate cabinet on the other side of the kitchen. I'm pretty sure the only thing off plan in my pantry would be foods containing sugar (like salsa), but I make sure to check all my food labels for ingredients.

The other thing I haven't done is set goals - other than just to get through all 30 days this time! I'd love to hear what other people have for goals. Some ideas I have for goals - switch to more natural/less potentially toxic chemicals versions of personal care products such as toothpaste and hair gel, do a daily Bible study, switch from coffee to green tea, try charcoal for tooth whitening, take vitamins consistently, reduce amount of Rx pain meds, stop using my tablet/staring at a screen in the hour before bedtime, start exercising again - beginning with walking, then adding ST and stretching/yoga.

I use 100% Pure for all my face wash, lotion, soap, makeup.. everything  I can! And I love it :) Its a great way to get some natural products into your life. 

My goals are focused on better sleep and being present. I'm trying to get away from rushing out of the house every morning and rushing to make dinner and always rushing everywhere. I've been waking up 15 min earlier and i get to have breakfast an coffee with my husband every morning which is great! I'm also trying to focus on meal planning and taking the time Sunday to set myself up for a week of success! 

Other side goals are fitness based - run further faster, do yoga better, lift heavier weights more times...

Hey everyone,

I'm a first time Whole30 convert. I'm 12 days in and up to now I have been absolutely LOVING the program. Not only do I feel amazing emotionally, mentally and psychologically, but for the first time in my life, I feel freedom when it comes to food and I no longer feel guilty about eating. For those reasons alone, I'm sold on the program.

All that aside, however, I have to say that I feel my excitement and enthusiasm waning. I realize this is pretty "normal" according to several friends and articles I've read, but I'm starting to get disappointed that the physical results (weight loss) aren't manifesting themselves just yet.

Before I began my Whole30 journey, I was resigned to the fact that I would most likely need a Whole60, Whole90, or more. And I totally understand that it will most likely take 30 days AT LEAST to reverse and correct the issues that have been plaguing my body for years now.

That being said, on average, what kind of weight loss/physical changes can I expect and when, on average, do you start to see them?

Thanks in advance!

And for what it's worth, I'm 30 and in the Washington, DC area. I'm also incredibly grateful for this forum and the time and dedication experienced users put into this to help us newbies!

Happy day 12 everyone! I feel like I've finally made it to the transition point where my body is getting acclimated to the W30. I've been adding in a little kombucha here and there and it's definitely helping the gut bacteria, but man, that process is gross. I've got some lovely red sauerkraut that I picked up on my last shopping trip that I'm going to start adding into the mix as well, now that things seem to normalizing in there. (Things you never thought you'd find yourself pondering... the state of your gut bacteria... )

I need to start going to bed earlier. I sleep pretty well, but still wake up feeling like I need more sleep. As much as I'd like to just sleep later, it's not really an option. The last couple of nights I've also been woken up by dogs/husband in the middle of the night, so that isn't helping either. I've been sticking to my one coffee in the morning rule, which is a huge victory for me. (In the past, I would combat lack of sleep with more coffee and then take the edge off with a glass (or 3) of wine. Not good.)

It's been really nice to focus on taking good care of myself, whether it be more sleep, better nutrition, etc. and just generally listening to what my body wants/needs. I won't say it completely removes all of the cravings for the "things I'm not eating right now", but it definitely takes the edge off. It's been one of my main goals for this W30, and I'm enjoying it. 

Hope everyone else is doing well and hanging in there. We're almost at the halfway point!

This is my 2nd round of whole30 and I've been reading the forum since day 1 for motivation/inspiration.  It has been a huge help.  Because of this, I've decided to contribute in case my own insights can help others  :) .  I started this round on January 1st and am on day 12

Here are some random thoughts on my whole30:

1.  I am another late breakfast eater and it's hard for me to eat that early.  Luckily, i have a short commute, so if I eat right when I get to work I'm within the hour window.  Using coffee as my reward for eating breakfast has helped and today was the easiest day to eat my full breakfast

2.  I started off with not incorporating enough fat.  I'm now up to half an avocado and a handful of olives included in my breakfast and that's the amount that keeps me feeling satiated.

3.  I'm fighting a bit of a cold, so even though I'm getting about 8 hours of sleep a night, I think for the next few days I'm going to focus on getting to bed earlier.  

4.  I didn't think my sugar dragon would be very tough to slay, but there are definitely moments where I just need something sweet.  When this is happening, I've been either drinking water, making tea, or telling myself I don't really need it and letting the craving past.

5.  Goals for the next 18 days: focus on getting better so I can appreciate the tiger blood and to start doing HITT body weight workouts at home again (I'd like to do 3 a week) when I do feel better 

OK. Checking in on Day 12..rolled out of bed at 08:20 ( not a work day !)  AND I did eat a slice of egg loaf and 1/2 a small avocado before 09:20 !  My "reward" was coffee (Yes, I waited !)  with whole fat coconut milk,  discovered on my first Whole25. Yum. I may never go back to coffee any other way.  Also had 1 hard boiled egg a bit later...

So, even though I ate with NO appetite, I'm trusting the wisdom of the Whole30 program and will see how the day goes.

I'm not seeming to follow the time-line very much.  Have been pretty irritable for many days now..including today.  :angry:

Had "heart-burn" last night for the first time in my life..My husband had to tell me what it was !  It went away with 1/4 tab of a Rolaid. 

Hoping for good energy at my weight-training session this afternoon. Here Tigger, Tigger, Tigger !! Where IS that darned cat !   :huh:

Hey everyone,

I'm a first time Whole30 convert. I'm 12 days in and up to now I have been absolutely LOVING the program. Not only do I feel amazing emotionally, mentally and psychologically, but for the first time in my life, I feel freedom when it comes to food and I no longer feel guilty about eating. For those reasons alone, I'm sold on the program.

All that aside, however, I have to say that I feel my excitement and enthusiasm waning. I realize this is pretty "normal" according to several friends and articles I've read, but I'm starting to get disappointed that the physical results (weight loss) aren't manifesting themselves just yet.

Before I began my Whole30 journey, I was resigned to the fact that I would most likely need a Whole60, Whole90, or more. And I totally understand that it will most likely take 30 days AT LEAST to reverse and correct the issues that have been plaguing my body for years now.

That being said, on average, what kind of weight loss/physical changes can I expect and when, on average, do you start to see them?

You probably won't like this answer: every person experiences the Whole30 differently.  Much depends on what your eating and health history was like before your Whole30, what your current body composition and activity is like, and how well you follow the rules and recommendations during the program.

A gentle reminder that is it a 30 day program. Keep a watch out for the non-scale victories as you progress through. This timeline may be helpful in terms of what you may experience as you go through the process. 

Hi everyone, the lovely post from runcolorado37 asked about goals we might have in the spirit of whole9 which got me thinkin'. (Thank you).

I'm 60 yrs old, a 'newbie' and getting fantastic results as of day 12..... Our kind moderator advised magnesium in the evening, which I tried with good results last night. So in a nutshell, all your wonderful posts charge me with good ideas and good results. But back to goals. I hope to use the concepts for re-entering all those avoided foods so I can really get a handle on where the problems are. I have no problem stay within the whole 30 plan while I introduce items. And if they all cause my symptoms, so be it. I am already significantly healing from years of chronic sinusitis, shoulder and neck pain, periodic asthma, and have seen no signs of those devastating headaches. So my motivation is strong. I totally know I cannot have "just a little" sugar. And I know sugar makes me physically suffer. And I'm a sugaraholic. I just going to have to raise my hand and say those words. So: goal to end my relationship with sugar? Yep. (Saying that feels like stepping off a cliff). One more Goal. I want more expansive social time with all the good people around me. There. Now I just have to do it.

Another "brunch" eater here - I tend to stumble into the kitchen around 5:30 - 6 AM, drink my cup of coffee, then not feel hungry for breakfast until 9:30 or so. Will gear up to try the no coffee until after breakfast route - yikes!

Last night was asleep by 9 PM, but woke up around 11:30 and never got back to sleep. When I got out of bed around 5AM my digestive system went haywire and I felt generally weak and short of breath. I was nervous to eat with the upset stomach, but was getting hungry around 10 AM so had an apple and some almond butter. That didn't upset my stomach too much, so I ate brisket, sweet potato and Greek salad a while later for lunch. Came home starving so am having a pork chop and green beans with a cup of decaf.

Just realized as I am sitting here typing that my fibromyalgia pain is much reduced - woo hoo whole 30!

Well, 1/3 of the way through this. At this point I'd grade myself a C - I haven't eaten anything off plan, but I haven't had near enough veggies and my meal timing needs work. If I let myself I'd survive on bulletproof style coffee, boiled eggs and macadamia nuts. Today I had coffee with ghee and coconut oil, then when I got to work about half a serving of salmon with a mix of broccoli, yellow squash and mushrooms. Lunch was beef brisket, carrots and Greek salad. I had an afternoon snack of two boiled eggs, decaf, and a grapefruit. Supper was unstuffed cabbage - with ground beef, ground chicken and tomatoes.

I still haven't purged my pantry. There isn't much in it that is off plan - everything that has gluten or other grains is in a separate cabinet on the other side of the kitchen. I'm pretty sure the only thing off plan in my pantry would be foods containing sugar (like salsa), but I make sure to check all my food labels for ingredients.

The other thing I haven't done is set goals - other than just to get through all 30 days this time! I'd love to hear what other people have for goals. Some ideas I have for goals - switch to more natural/less potentially toxic chemicals versions of personal care products such as toothpaste and hair gel, do a daily Bible study, switch from coffee to green tea, try charcoal for tooth whitening, take vitamins consistently, reduce amount of Rx pain meds, stop using my tablet/staring at a screen in the hour before bedtime, start exercising again - beginning with walking, then adding ST and stretching/yoga.

Sounds like you are doing great, making sustainable changes and staying compliant.  Melissa has posted a great article on "goal shielding."  It said if we make too many goals or resolutions at once our brain focuses on the most important one and we sort of fail at the others.  So the bottom line is if all you do is stay 100% compliant for 30 days, that is great!  It is more likely to succeed than tackle a whole bunch of goals at once.

If you're feeling tired, having weird dreams, noticing mood changes or feeling bloated, have a read through the timeline:

http://whole30.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/

We're not machines so you may not match the timeline exactly (that's okay, you're not doing anything wrong) but feeling like you need a nap, wanting to Kill All The Things or feeling bloated are not unusual and they do go away.

For those of you on or past Day 10, you are ONE THIRD of the way through your Whole30, spend a few minutes today feeling proud of yourself and thinking about your Non Scale Victories (if you don't think you've had any yet, 10 days without all this stuff is probably a first for most people) :D

whats going to happine when my 30 days are over??? i feel like i could go on a sugar bender!

You don't need to reintroduce things if you don't want to. Some people don't reintroduce sugar, some people only reintroduce SWYPO or additives.

If you're feeling great and you don't want to add anything back, that's okay. But it's also good to know what things throw you off and it might be more than sugar.

Does anyone have any great suggestions for something I could eat on a train (meaning portable and isn't too difficult or smelly)?

Soup in a thermos or travel mug is a good one. Lots of people drink coffee on the train so it won't even look weird.

Timing and the template give you the best results, but if you have to choose one or the other, I'd have a mini template something either before or on the train and then a full template meal a bit later if it's too hard on the train. It's okay to experiment a bit and see what works for you :)

Obviously I have not done a good enough job of clearing my house of non-compliant Whole 30 food.

So, Today is day one again for me

Well done on getting straight back on the horse Felicitas. I know it's hard when you have to restart when you've been trying so hard but think about it as a gift to yourself, to allow yourself to get the most benefits, because you deserve to feel healthy :) There's lots of people starting today too, so you won't be alone along your new timeline (and detox will probably be much easier since it's really just the soybean oil).

Yeah, cheese can be a real bugger for bloating :wacko:

Nothing wrong with craving bone broth, I'm itching for my current batch to be ready (maybe today?!)  
Do you have any nuts or nut butters? coconut oil or coconut butter?

I understand where you are coming from, and I will think about it.  For now, I am just not going to eat out because I can control things so much better at home (and don't mind being extremely rigid with choices at home!).  I appreciate your thoughts and comments.  Will keep you posted.  Have a great day :)

It is your choice whether or not to restart, so don't feel like you're being pressured. From a health point of view though, I just want to challenge some thinking around eating out, because someone did it for me a long time ago and it changed how I looked at it. I didn't want to be "that person" making complicated orders with the wait staff rolling their eyes, but it took me some time to realise that if I want to be healthy I need to be clear about what I want to eat and not just cave in to the pressures of others, especially when a lot of it is pressure I put on myself. No one (including wait staff) wants you to get sick from eating their food. Being "that person" is completely preventable with planning. 

I spent some time talking to restaurants (not during social situations) and finding compliant meals I could have. Now it's really easy, I can just ask for "Chef special order for me" and it's no fuss. If you are bothered by a gut disruptor (and you won't know unless you do a full compliant W30 and reintroductions), you are cheating yourself of health improvements. If I'd done this I would never have found out I'm a celiac and this could have killed me later in life. I'd also still be living with arthritis and other health issues which are now gone.

I rolled my left ankle pretty bad and it is sore and swollen now.  This of course, makes the eating part that much more important.  I am still on plan and working hard to at setting myself up for success.  Lots of food prep, planning and having good options available (but not too many options).

Cheers

DJ

Oh no! :o I hope it's not hurting too much. Some bone broth may help a bit with the healing.

My goals are focused on better sleep and being present. I'm trying to get away from rushing out of the house every morning and rushing to make dinner and always rushing everywhere. I've been waking up 15 min earlier and i get to have breakfast an coffee with my husband every morning which is great! I'm also trying to focus on meal planning and taking the time Sunday to set myself up for a week of success! 

Such awesome goals, especially breakfast with husband :D I made some changes like this myself and have never looked back :wub:

I know it's really hard, but try not to worry about this during your Whole30. Enjoy your food and your scale holiday.

Stressing about weightloss (and food guilt) can actually be counter productive, producing cortisol (stress hormone) that actually stops us from losing weight. Trust in the process, get good sleep. Think about your body differently. How does it feel? How does your skin feel? How do your muscles feel? How does your mind feel? Are you feeling different doing normal activities? Can you "hear" when it's hungry, thirsty, tired? These might seem like small things, but these are all building blocks to a healthy you and all are far more important than a number on a scale (which we know isn't an accurate measure of health).

rolled out of bed at 08:20 ( not a work day !)  AND I did eat a slice of egg loaf and 1/2 a small avocado before 09:20

Yay! NSV! :D

I am already significantly healing from years of chronic sinusitis, shoulder and neck pain, periodic asthma, and have seen no signs of those devastating headaches.

I have had so much improvement in my sinusitis and sinus headaches :D I hope you do too

Day 12 down! I felt pretty even and good today. Work did not make me too crazy, even though meal timing is sometimes tricky. And I made it back to the gym!!! I had really slacked off through the last couple of months, and it was hard to boot my sorry butt back through the door. So it felt good, and I'll be putting gym time into my work agenda so that the computer or my phone irritatingly reminds me when it is time to go. 

rest well, everyone

Archived