CALLING ALL JANUARY 1ST WHOLE30ERS!

found.in.nature

I finally hit that "sparkle energy" tiger blood yesterday! I was sing-songing in my head and bouncing from activity to activity despite finding I mixed up the decaf and regular (true story!) It wasn't until I got a headache midafternoon that I realized my energy was all tiger blood, woot! It's nice to finally have that lift to see through to the end of the month. I've got a second wind now!

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 4 of restart (Day 17 previously) - haven't had any headaches or discomforts in the past days and honestly feel more 'tiger blood' than I should because of the restart. Have been tigger the bouncing happy during the past weekend literally wooshing from one activity to the other (cleaned the entire house, went bed shopping, bought new toys for the dogs, laundry done and folded, visited my BFF ('butcher friend forever') and the local vegetable farmer market, visited my parents (brought them some of the delicious meat), kept my 3 y/o son alive and happy and went for a long walk with the dogs. Also, kitchen is sparkly clean and all food prep is done for the week - still had time to sit down and watch a movie with my son yesterday afternoon, which was a lot of fun. In the mornings I jump out of bed and the comparison with my husband who is eating junk is just too funny (he's in zombie mode for at least 2-3 hours).

Yup - I can surely do this for another 26 days :-)

Good Morning Everyone.

I am back and sounds like everyone is getting into the swing of it all.....

Weekends for me are hard and easy.... like others I just go go go......... so sometimes finding a moment is a little hard, even to get on the forum.

Well day 18....... were has the time gone! I have hit the TIGER BLOOD also and have more energy...... my pantry looks amazing, cleaned it out, my husband said take a picture it looks so good !

I feel really good and wonder why I do not eat like this all the time...... o yeah, ALL those temptations!

Over half way there! I am thinking that I may continue for as long as I can after Day 30...... is there anywhere that shows a timeline for after Day 30?

Another start to a brand new week.... let's make those good choices! ;)  ;)

..dealing with a rotten cold…first time in years and years , so I'm really not happy :( No tiger blood in sight.

Keeping my sights set on sailing through the second half even with this "hiccup".

Look at it this way: at least your body is now optimally equipped to fight it off! Hope you feel better soon though! Tea with fresh orange and lemon to the rescue!'

Hope everyone is still hanging in there!

Day 18! I had what I think is 'tiger blood' from day 12 to 16 - then it stopped. Yesterday I woke up irritable, generally not in the greatest mood, and a bit run down. Today I'm not doing terribly, but I'm not feeling like I was either. I think I may have a reaction to beef. I had steak at dinner last night, and some ground beef in my leftover spaghetti squash and marinara sauce today for lunch and have had a rumbly tummy, bloating, and lower abdomen distress fairly close after eating both meals. I also recall feeling really crummy after I'd had steak earlier on in the Whole30 but thinking it was part of the detox symptoms since some GI stuff is normal when you're trying to heal your gut. Now I'm not so sure? I'm going to take a step back from red meat, particularly ground beef, for a while and see if that makes a difference. Other than that, not much to report. I don`t find I`m counting down the days as much as I did in my first round. I think I've already decided to try and keep going with this beyond the 30 days, just not sure for how long. CrossFit after work, then the dentist. Finding time for dinner tonight is going to be a challenge and it might end up being later than I`d like. Hopefully working out will give me a bit of a boost. 

Hello!  I started on January 2nd and am finally getting set up on this website.  My name is Evelyn (58 yrs old) and I live in Vermont.  My sister lives in Canada and inspired me to jump in so, here I am.  It's great to have support through this process and I am looking forward to more health-improvements.  Thank you all for being here to keep me going!

Ev.

My SISTAH!! It has been fabulous doing this together and encouraging each other. Complaining. Yes, even whining on occasion. But now we're hitting the good part, right?  We can do this! Hugs to you from up here ---

Day 4 of restart (Day 17 previously) - haven't had any headaches or discomforts in the past days and honestly feel more 'tiger blood' than I should because of the restart. Have been tigger the bouncing happy during the past weekend literally wooshing from one activity to the other (cleaned the entire house, went bed shopping, bought new toys for the dogs, laundry done and folded, visited my BFF ('butcher friend forever') and the local vegetable farmer market, visited my parents (brought them some of the delicious meat), kept my 3 y/o son alive and happy and went for a long walk with the dogs. Also, kitchen is sparkly clean and all food prep is done for the week - still had time to sit down and watch a movie with my son yesterday afternoon, which was a lot of fun. In the mornings I jump out of bed and the comparison with my husband who is eating junk is just too funny (he's in zombie mode for at least 2-3 hours).

Yup - I can surely do this for another 26 days :-)

You are officially invited to my house!

Day 18, my birthday, and way way way too much work today. The morning was the worst, finally got lunch at 2:30 (chaired a 2.5 hour meeting then taught a 2 hour class), but feeling good! Energy good, getting all the things done. Now my list of big stuff is just down to two more for the day. Heck of a way to turn 62!  

I ordered a big snow storm so that I could stay home today, but it did not come. There was just enough snow to make my morning bus an hour late getting into Montreal (we know that snow makes people's IQ drop 20 points as soon as they get behind the wheel), but not enough to grind things to a halt. Ah well, at least I did not have to re-schedule all the stuff that is getting done today.

Did tons of cooking last night, set off the smoke alarm roasting chickens and vegetables - it was a blast! The results were delicious even if the spatter was a bit too much for my poor oven. That recipe hits the barbecue next time!

Go tigers -

Day 18, my birthday, and way way way too much work today. The morning was the worst, finally got lunch at 2:30 (chaired a 2.5 hour meeting then taught a 2 hour class), but feeling good! Energy good, getting all the things done. Now my list of big stuff is just down to two more for the day. Heck of a way to turn 62!  

I ordered a big snow storm so that I could stay home today, but it did not come. There was just enough snow to make my morning bus an hour late getting into Montreal (we know that snow makes people's IQ drop 20 points as soon as they get behind the wheel), but not enough to grind things to a halt. Ah well, at least I did not have to re-schedule all the stuff that is getting done today.

Did tons of cooking last night, set off the smoke alarm roasting chickens and vegetables - it was a blast! The results were delicious even if the spatter was a bit too much for my poor oven. That recipe hits the barbecue next time!

Happy, happy birthday.!!!!

Go tigers -

It's wonderful and completely motivating reading about everyone's tiger levels! D10 restart (19 originally) and sheesh my digestive stress is extreme. I feel the need to fast to give my poor guy a rest! Not a great night sleep last night - 2am wakeup with my gut still coping and this morning it feels like I have been kicked in the stomach. Happy birthday whatmeworry :)

What amounts of exercise/activity are people doing?

Day seven of restart here. Feeling mostly good but having very loud dreams. Weird. I wake up tired. 

Made the wonderful salmon cakes from the whole30 book and my daughter came over for lunch and shared them. We had them with the homemade tartar sauce which I love. 

Right now there is a spagetti squash in the oven and some meat sauce on the stove top. 

liife is good. 

• Administrators

It's wonderful and completely motivating reading about everyone's tiger levels! D10 restart (19 originally) and sheesh my digestive stress is extreme. I feel the need to fast to give my poor guy a rest! Not a great night sleep last night - 2am wakeup with my gut still coping and this morning it feels like I have been kicked in the stomach. Happy birthday whatmeworry :)

XDools, did you post anywhere about your digestive distress?  Maybe open a thread in the Troubleshooting section and post what you've been eating, (include portions and timing), fluids, sleep, stress etc.  And some details on what your "distress" amounts to exactly (ie, constipation, diarrhea, bloat etc).  We can take a look and see if anything stands out and can be tweaked to help you out.

Hello Everyone, 

I had a great day! I am feeling very good, but am exhausted at about 7:00 pm! Sheesh, do not what is going on with me! 

M1- 3 scrambled eggs with spinach, sweet potato

M2- 1 stuffed pepper, spinach salad with basic vinaigrette, apple

M3- chili (from Whole 30 book), roasted cauliflower, broccoli, acorn squash

Healthy eating everyone!

You are officially invited to my house!

Why thank you - I'd love to see Quebec sometime :D even if it would require me to clean someone's house ;-)!

Vacation plans for this year are already set though.

And a very happy birthday!!!

By the way, I come from a family of independent workers and birthdays are never celebrated on the day itself, so you get a week to ask anything you want and spoil yourself rotten. I suggest you take a leaf from that book.

Yesterday my hubby made dinner - it was so delicious - I'll have him cook up dinner more often! He stuffed bell peppers with minced pork (spiced & with onion) and then had some broccoli, Parisian mushrooms (don't know if it's called that in English, but they're brown and full of taste) and leek simmer on the stove for about an hour in some ghee. The combination of the three vegetables created a flavor close to the creaminess of Parmesan - or maybe I'm just becoming delusional :D

He also made fresh beef stew according to 'ye olde flemish recipe' - , but without the beer or the slice of bread. Needs to set a little to get all flavors optimally infused, so that's for tomorrow. Tonight on the menu: fresh cod with a stir-fry of paksoi, bell pepper and onion in green curry coconut sauce.

Hope your digestive stress gets better soon! I had one day where I ate too much fat (grass-fed ribs - they were worth it though!) and stomach did not agree - compensated that with a banana and eating just chicken and carrots that day as it's easier to digest than most other vegetables and meat types. It worked for me, but as ladyshanny mentioned, the mods might be able to give you more detailed advice based on your eating habits so far.

As to exercise - I need to build that up from scratch, so I had decided in the beginning to focus on food first.

Last week and a half or so I have been going on walks for at least 30 mins every day + I take the stairs everywhere I am (even to the 4th floor at work).

Baby steps for me, would like to start jiu jitsu at a local dojo, but want to get to a remotely decent level of fitness first so I don't faint in the first session.

Day 19!  The first time I did a W30 (W60 actually)  I focused on what I ate and was 100% compliant.  This time through I am focused on the emotional dependance on food, so I am focusing also on when and why I eat.  

The first time, I did not change bad habits, just substituted compliant food.  This time I am giving up using food for anything but food.  So I am sticking to the template 100% (when, why and how much I eat) as well as being 100% compliant with what I eat.  What this has done is that it has taught me to listen to my body about hunger and fullness and to my heart about what I really need.   Maybe I have a need I suppressed with food, but now I want to listen find out what I really need and get that.

I think that this healthy change means getting rid of physical cravings, emotional cravings and bad habits. This is a major life change.  This is what I came for: Freedom, a healthy relationship with food, truth and love.  

I got all the food I needed yesterday at Wegman's so Today is my day 1. I am also giving up diet soda at the same time & so far so good! I don't like eggs very much & am kind of a picky eater so am worried about getting bored w/ what it is allowed to eat. Hopefully I can make it through! I Have PCOS & insulin resistance so I really should be eating as clean as possible to begin with. My mom told me yesterday I wouldn't make it but I want to prove her wrong! She is never supportive for any diet/eating healthy plan I do though so it can be hard for me at times.  

Anyone need a Whole30 Diet buddy? I think it would help me A LOT. Contact me if interested!

I got all the food I needed yesterday at Wegman's so Today is my day 1. I am also giving up diet soda at the same time & so far so good! I don't like eggs very much & am kind of a picky eater so am worried about getting bored w/ what it is allowed to eat. Hopefully I can make it through! I Have PCOS & insulin resistance so I really should be eating as clean as possible to begin with. My mom told me yesterday I wouldn't make it but I want to prove her wrong! She is never supportive for any diet/eating healthy plan I do though so it can be hard for me at times.  

Anyone need a Whole30 Diet buddy? I think it would help me A LOT. Contact me if interested!

Looks like you've got sufficient reason to prove your mom wrong :-)

Being a notorious diet soda addict myself, I recommend cool water with lemon juice! I only drink it first thing in the morning and avoid anything with flavor during the rest of the day, as it reminds me too much of what I can't have. Water is my new routine and sparkling water as an occasional extra.

Hi Kate!  So I am off to the grocer to begin today.  New insurance plan is requiring weight loss and new health diagnosis of NAFLD (non-alcoholic fatty liver disease) requires a diet change.  Just found Whole30 and so today is my January 1st!  We can encourage each other!

Hello Day 17! I'm fighting off a cold so my energy has been zapped, which makes me feel robbed! On the bright side, my symptoms have been very mild...just lingering for a few days. I am guessing the clean diet has prevented it from being worse. I simmered a nice pot of chicken bone broth overnight and had some this morning, so hoping that will help. I'd kill for a hot toddy or at least a little honey in my hot water or tea! But I'm coping. 

Getting to the boredom stage with cooking. Chicken is this week's theme. I roasted an organic bird with Meyer lemons & fresh herbs along with some root veggies on Sunday (hence the bone broth). I also made a batch of mayo with avocado oil which I used for chicken salad, and I've been picking at the leftover chicken & veggies. So I'm just about chickened out. :)

Craving some nice, healing comfort food, any good suggestions? Hope everyone is hanging in there, congrats to those who are about to hit the 20 day mark! You've got this!!! 

:D

Hello Day 17! I'm fighting off a cold so my energy has been zapped, which makes me feel robbed! On the bright side, my symptoms have been very mild...just lingering for a few days. I am guessing the clean diet has prevented it from being worse. I simmered a nice pot of chicken bone broth overnight and had some this morning, so hoping that will help. I'd kill for a hot toddy or at least a little honey in my hot water or tea! But I'm coping. 

Getting to the boredom stage with cooking. Chicken is this week's theme. I roasted an organic bird with Meyer lemons & fresh herbs along with some root veggies on Sunday (hence the bone broth). I also made a batch of mayo with avocado oil which I used for chicken salad, and I've been picking at the leftover chicken & veggies. So I'm just about chickened out. :)

Craving some nice, healing comfort food, any good suggestions? Hope everyone is hanging in there, congrats to those who are about to hit the 20 day mark! You've got this!!! 

:D

This week I made

Meat Loaf with oven roasted new potato wedges and Italian green beans

Shrimp in garlic butter with basil over spaghetti squash

Gyros salad from Well Fed.

Yum!

This week I made

Meat Loaf with oven roasted new potato wedges and Italian green beans

Shrimp in garlic butter with basil over spaghetti squash

Gyros salad from Well Fed.

Yum!

That all sounds delicious! Hard to beat a nice meatloaf for comfort food! 

Happy day 19 everyone!

I think Tiger Blood for me at this point is my body fighting off hubby's cold like a rock star. I've been a little more tired lately and feel the beginnings of cold-like symptoms, but so far, so good. (Knock wood). I've been focusing on eating good food and getting a lot of sleep, so hopefully it will pass soon and the energy will start.

Last night, I made the SB&J burgers from Well Fed 2. I used cashew butter instead of the sunbutter (So, I guess they would be CB&J burgers?) They were easy and so good! I put them over salad greens and made some roasted brussels sprouts on the side. Highly recommend.

I can't believe how quickly this W30 is going by. I feel like I'm finding a groove with the cooking and food prep and it generally isn't too much of a struggle. I hope other folks are finding the same. And huge props to the restarting folks. You guys are such an inspiration! 

Day 19

Feeling good, this time around I am finding that I am enjoying my food a lot more than the first two times I did the Whole30.

I eat only three meals a day where before I found that I might have to have a snack.

I can not believe how well I feel.

Maybe because I have incorporated some exercise this time, joined a Tae Box class with my daughter who keeps me motivated to go.

Alone I probably would have quit by now.

Keep up the good work everyone, I enjoy reading all of your posts!  :D  :D :D  

Archived