CALLING ALL JANUARY 1ST WHOLE30ERS!

found.in.nature

This is my second Whole30 and I plan on making it a Whole90! I really believe I need to do it longer than 30 days to actually slay that sugar dragon. I didn't do my reintroduction correctly and quickly went back to unhealthy eating habits. So this time around I am going for 90 days! I am so ready to eat healthy and feel better! Good luck everyone!

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am also starting today! I've done a partial Whole30 a couple of years ago (only made it through Day 15) and have decided this go-around to truly commit to completion! I have had ongoing sinusitis, headaches, and non-consistent energy levels all year, and I'm just sick of it! Ready to commit to wellness this year, and see if this Whole30 can let me know what I'm eating that is contributing to my not feeling great. Can't wait to see the after-photos! And the after-weight, of course, but ... as Melissa & Doug recommend, I'll be focusing on #nonscalevictories this month!

Just to make sure ... I did as they jokingly recommended and actually destroyed the darn thing! See the video here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Whole30SLCJan2016/

2nd Whole30 for me. I made it 8 weeks recently. I crashed and burned the week before Christmas. After 11days of sugar, grains and dairy I can't take it anymore. My whole body hurts. My Sugar Dragon returned stronger than ever Despite family gatherings and my daughters birthday tomorrow I'm starting today. Meal planning and prepping today. I've had ENOUGH of feeling like crap! I'm grateful to have a large group to start with. The forum and daily emails are my lifeline!

Happy New Year to all!

Day 1.... Meal 1.... everything good to go.

I am in the prep mode and making all the things that help along the journey if they are premade: homemade mayonnaise, ghee, salad dressings, barbeque sauce, etc......

Cut up the vege, or shred them.

Happy New Year to Everyone! :) 

I'm new to Whole30 and today is day ONE!  However, I'm having a tough time with planning:  With the onslaught of social media and all the hundreds of fabulous blogs and thousands of recipes available, I'm on brain overload!!!  I just don't have time to carefully sift through all of this to come up with my own plan!!  I'd rather just get to the nuts and bolts and have a 30 day meal plan (breakfast lunch and dinner) mapped out for me to follow.   Just tell me what to eat and I'll buy the groceries and prepare the meals.  That's it.  I'll print it out and post on my fridge (yes, the old fashioned way!).   Can anyone point me to this??  

Hey tallison! Here are a couple of meal plan resources that I've seen others use. I haven't reviewed these to see that all meals are for sure whole30 compliant (this is a 3rd party source and there are many things online that claim to be whole30 but aren't neceassarily) so always, always check your labels. I know it can be overwhelming - especially if you're new to whole30 but I promise you'll get the hang of it! :) We're here to support you!

http://thenourishinghome.com/2014/11/free-whole30-meal-plans-2/

http://frugalontheprairie.com/the-busy-persons-whole30-meal-plan-week-1/

Whole 30 website also has some great resources - http://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/

Day 1 was off to a good start...I slept in and got my rest and made a killer M1. I was feeling good until I took my measurements and "before" photos. I can't believe how far back I have slid since the last time I did this a year ago. I've gained back all of the weight/inches....and then some! I don't like how I look in the photos at all. So, feeling pretty discouraged at the moment...

Happy Day 1 (for most of us) everyone! I'm feeling excited and motivated to make this next 30 days fantastic! I'm so tired of being so busy through the holidays and eating like crap. I've already eaten eggs, bacon, and sweet potato hash for breakfast and feel better already. I did my meal planning and grocery shopping yesterday. I have some prepping to do today and I'll be good to go for the next 6 days. I love seeing such a range of whole30'ers in here - newbies and veterans! "_

How's everyone feeling on your day 1? I'm a little afraid that I'll experience "the hangover" stage at full force this time because my body has SO MUCH to detox after the holidays kicked my butt so hard. I may seem a little angry in a few days but don't worry, I'll get over it. :)

Let's kick ass, all! Happy New Year!

I'm new to Whole30 and today is day ONE!  However, I'm having a tough time with planning:  With the onslaught of social media and all the hundreds of fabulous blogs and thousands of recipes available, I'm on brain overload!!!  I just don't have time to carefully sift through all of this to come up with my own plan!!  I'd rather just get to the nuts and bolts and have a 30 day meal plan (breakfast lunch and dinner) mapped out for me to follow.   Just tell me what to eat and I'll buy the groceries and prepare the meals.  That's it.  I'll print it out and post on my fridge (yes, the old fashioned way!).   Can anyone point me to this??  

Both meljoulwan.com and nomnompaleo.com did Whole30 weekly meal plans in past Whole30s. You can peruse their sites for ideas. But I don't think they're super breakfast-lunch-dinner type plans. Good luck to you!

Starting my Whole30 today !  Did a Whole 25 in November and am ready for this !

I see others listing a few "stats" so here goes...

I'm Female

Live in the Great NorthWest

RN

57 yrs old

Vegetarian for 40 years (lots of eggs in my immediate future ! ) LOL

Active, healthy, outdoors-y but over-weight-y !!

Giving up that evening glass of wine is the hardest part of the Whole30 for me!

Very happy to have found this Forum and looking forward to checking in and staying on-track with all of you !

:rolleyes:

Meal 1 done! Scrambled some eggs, nuked some frozen broccoli and topped it with olive oil. I'm not sure how much of it I ate because my one-year-old sat on my lap and fisted my eggs and broccoli to her heart's content  :wub:  Maybe I need to make 2 servings if she's eating with me? I still felt hungry after we were done, so I ate an avocado with salt and put some coconut milk in my coffee. Can you believe I found a twisty-top carton of So Delicious coconut milk that's compliant? I don't mind pouring it out of a can, but I hate that messy can sitting in my fridge. This is just so easy to pour in my coffee, like regular creamer. I'll post pics of the carton when I get a chance, I fount it at Whole Foods in the aisle with all the other coconut milk.

I'm going on a New Years Day hike with my sister up in Napa, so I'm going to pack my lunch and a compliant just-in-case snack for the road. Have an awesome Day 1 everyone!!

Starting my Whole30 today !  Did a Whole 25 in November and am ready for this !

I see others listing a few "stats" so here goes...

I'm Female

Live in the Great NorthWest

RN

57 yrs old

Vegetarian for 40 years (lots of eggs in my immediate future ! ) LOL

Active, healthy, outdoors-y but over-weight-y !!

Giving up that evening glass of wine is the hardest part of the Whole30 for me!

Very happy to have found this Forum and looking forward to checking in and staying on-track with all of you !

:rolleyes:

4windsriders - fellow wine lover right here. We've got this!

Meal 1 done! Scrambled some eggs, nuked some frozen broccoli and topped it with olive oil. I'm not sure how much of it I ate because my one-year-old sat on my lap and fisted my eggs and broccoli to her heart's content  :wub:  Maybe I need to make 2 servings if she's eating with me? I still felt hungry after we were done, so I ate an avocado with salt and put some coconut milk in my coffee. Can you believe I found a twisty-top carton of So Delicious coconut milk that's compliant? I don't mind pouring it out of a can, but I hate that messy can sitting in my fridge. This is just so easy to pour in my coffee, like regular creamer. I'll post pics of the carton when I get a chance, I fount it at Whole Foods in the aisle with all the other coconut milk.

I'm going on a New Years Day hike with my sister up in Napa, so I'm going to pack my lunch and a compliant just-in-case snack for the road. Have an awesome Day 1 everyone!!

Missmunchie - I had no idea there were any carton coconut milks that were whole30 approved?! I always use the cans - which I don't mind. Great find!

Hi all! So I will be starting my 2nd W30 tomorrow so I wanted to check in and see who was joining me. I completed my 1st last January and like so many on here I got to the holidays and realized just how far I had slipped since then. So here I go again, I have convinced my 20yo son and 16yo daughter to do it along with me this time. I am struggling with how to make this work with her since she is a vegetarian and relies heavily on beans as her source of protein and is not a huge egg fan. So any vegetarians out there? Please share your thoughts.   

Hi everyone! I'm from Texas. This is my very first Whole30! Excited and nervous, but mainly because I just found out about this so I'm trying to get caught up to speed...fast. So I'm a little overwhelmed right now. (Starting January 4th.)

Over the last year I've cut out dairy products after doing my own research of the hormonal effects. ( I had cystic acne on my jaw line. The dermatologists just wanted to give me steroid cream's which didn't help. I was having female issues/pains (PCOS). Bloated. Facial hair (some on chin and cheeks...not a beard, lol). Through the elimination of dairy and peanuts I, for the most part, no longer have these issues. I still haven't figured out the facial hair so I know there's still some hormonal issues going on.)

In addition to the above, just looking to be healthier ( speed up my metabolism/lose a little weight) and gain more knowledge about the foods we eat and how it affects us . As well as share with my son, who is 13.

Looking forward to advice, knowledge, experiences and cheering each other on.

Hello! Jeanette here starting my first Whole30 on Jan. 1! Thus far I've drank my coffee BLACK (OMG! Not terrible with great, fresh-ground beans!) and enjoyed a great frittata. As a busy, single professional my biggest challenge with be food prep (and, let's be honest, the whole no wine thing, of course). Looking forward to connecting with you all!

Hi there,

This is a first for me & I'm from the UK. I will be starting on the 4th too, after a special meal out on Saturday. Over the past two years I've gained two stone after doing so well since 2009, where I lost almost 6 stone. The reason for my gain, was my 20yr marriage ending after I was betrayed. I went from from being a stay at home mum to working full time & it was a tough. Two years ago I was quite fit from a love of cycling & fell running. Full time work & being a single mum at home was all I seemed to be able to cope with, as well as struggling mentally. Anyway I'm well & truly coming out the other side & with a loving partner by my side, I'm ready to get my health in better shape again. My fibromyalgia has flared up a lot more since & I'm desperate to get that back under control. For me giving up alcohol is going to be tough, as ashamedly I relied a lot on it to help my anxiety & insomnia. Meal wise the hard one for me is breakfast. It has to be quick, like the time it takes to make a brew

Anyway enough from me for now. Looking forward to the challenge

Lizzie

• Moderators

Has anyone found coconut milk is a carton that is compliant. I thought I had one but it has carrageenan in it which is not approved. It's so much easier to pour out of a carton that a can.

The one I buy in the carton in Vancouver BC is called Real Thai... I don't see it on Amazon but here's a link to a photo/online shop http://www.londondrugs.com/real-thai-coconut-milk---1000ml/L8758807.html

Aroy-D in the carton is compliant as linked. Be sure if you're purchasing this in person that you read the ingredients... companies like this are notorious for having different formulas in different regions/at different times.

http://www.amazon.com/Aroy-d-Coconut-Milk-100-Original/dp/B00JUB8N3G

I'm in!

Jenn C

NYC

Love to cook so this is perfect for me

Biggest obstacle is PORTION CONTROL!

Anyone else for NYC area?

I live in Long Beach, NY.

This is my second whole thirty. Last year I tarted in July but did not complete a whole 30 till the end of September. Mostly compliant but traveling (road trip with my daughter from ny to tx) But all in all it was great even at a mostly compliant level.

In September I got serious and actually got the daily emails which I credit with heloing stay on the track. So I got them again this time. I have no big life events or holidays in January so I should be good! 

Today I am making the salmon cakes from the book which are great. I am also going to whip up some mayo with my immersion blender ( never fails) and tonight I am going to make nom nom paleo's crispy chicken thighs. 

I had some great Non Scale victories including a reduction in my blood sugar and blood pressure as well as signifigant weight loss. Most importantly is I lost that three o'clock nap syndrome. No more energy rollercoaster. So that is my goal this time. 

I am 59, on synthroid and need to lose more weight to be in a healthy range. This is the best way. 

Hello everyone and a happier, healthier new year to you!

This is my 3rd Whole30, although the other two attempts can't officially be called a Whole30 as there were a few slips... Really just want to say I am very familiar with the program and have been mostly successful in the past two attempts and I experienced a wide range of positive results. I know what I need to do different this time and I am 100% committed. Today is my day 0 and I am re-reading everything to inspire and support me in prepping and planning for the week ahead. I am doing this with two friends, receiving the daily email, and planning to log my progress. I am not a big post-er, however, since I am logging daily, I may peek in from time to time. I wish everyone success on your journey :) 

Archived