CALLING ALL JANUARY 1ST WHOLE30ERS!

found.in.nature

It is day 31. I weighed myself today and I lost 11.8lbs. I am very pleased with that. I also feel like I am getting control of my sugar and chocolate addiction. I want to continue with eating W30 complaint for several reasons; 1. I did not make it all 30 days being compliant, so I am restarting today. 2. I want to continue to get control over my bad eating habits, I still have lots to learn but feel I am on the right track, and 3. I want to loose more weight, and this is a sensible way to do that. So I am not at the reintroduction stage, but I am happy with what I have accomplished and will continue to eat compliant! Good luck everyone! 

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone! I couldn't resist and weighed/measured myself yesterday on Day 30 which wasn't great – I not only gained ~.5 lb, but my measurements haven't changed at all. That was definitely disappointing and derailed my reintroduction plans by going off-road while out to dinner with friends. There was wine, dairy and I'm sure other off-plan things in sauces/marinades. Not great. I did my best to minimize the damage by avoiding bread/gluten and listened carefully to my satiety signals and stopped eating when I felt full, but it wasn't great.

I'm definitely feeling some of the effects this morning and am thankful I have week of W30 meals already planned while I take stock and regroup The nice thing about this program is that even though I didn't get the results I was hoping for, it never feels like a waste of time. I ate delicious food and took a break from my 2+ glasses of wine a night habit. Moving forward, my primary focus will be on exercise (which is the biggest difference between this and previous W30's) and continue to work on feeding my body nutrient dense foods. I'm going to institute a "no drinking during the week" rule, limit the amount we have on weekends and generally drink for better reasons rather than "I had a bad day, give me all of the wine." 

I feel pretty good about the plan moving forward and am thankful to this forum for keeping me company on this part of the journey. I hope everyone else is feeling good and finding their own versions of success.

Hi everyone! I couldn't resist and weighed/measured myself yesterday on Day 30 which wasn't great – I not only gained ~.5 lb, but my measurements haven't changed at all. That was definitely disappointing and derailed my reintroduction plans by going off-road while out to dinner with friends. There was wine, dairy and I'm sure other off-plan things in sauces/marinades. Not great. I did my best to minimize the damage by avoiding bread/gluten and listened carefully to my satiety signals and stopped eating when I felt full, but it wasn't great.

I'm definitely feeling some of the effects this morning and am thankful I have week of W30 meals already planned while I take stock and regroup The nice thing about this program is that even though I didn't get the results I was hoping for, it never feels like a waste of time. I ate delicious food and took a break from my 2+ glasses of wine a night habit. Moving forward, my primary focus will be on exercise (which is the biggest difference between this and previous W30's) and continue to work on feeding my body nutrient dense foods. I'm going to institute a "no drinking during the week" rule, limit the amount we have on weekends and generally drink for better reasons rather than "I had a bad day, give me all of the wine." 

I feel pretty good about the plan moving forward and am thankful to this forum for keeping me company on this part of the journey. I hope everyone else is feeling good and finding their own versions of success.

I totally relate !  I only lost 1 lb on my first whole25.  And I thought ditching all those "wine calories" would result in more weight loss.  I DID lose weight this time though…and  I think my metabolism and eating habits are slowly shifting for the better. Kudos to you for continuing on. I'm starting to think 30 days is the minimum for seeing changes. I'm going to try to follow your new wine rules too..as (being from the bay area myself) wine is SUCH a cultural norm. !! Good Luck to us !   ^_^

Morning of Day 31…weighed-expecting to have lost very little as my body doesn't seem that different and I only lost 1 lb. on my first "Whole25".

Really surprised to see a weight-loss of 10.4 lbs. yay.  (Only 20 to go)   ;)

HOWEVER.  SO many NSV's too and I'm looking forward to some careful re-intro days.  Heading off to the "After Whole30" section of the forums (as SugarcubeOD suggested) and will visit there from time to time to see how things are going !

Thanks to everyone for the camaraderie and good info here !

Stay Calm and WholeOn !  

Good for you mdraeger!!!  I can relate to so much of what you say, especially in regard to wine.  I have used this, my 1st W30, as a way to gain better self-control for the long-haul, particularly in regard to alcohol and cheese.  I am on Day 29 by the way.  It's been so good for me, both physically and emotionally.  I appreciate your open, vulnerable disclosures.

To keep things clear for others coming along, we ask that someone from your group make a re-intro thread in the After Whole30 section of the forum to discuss reintros and riding your own bikes. If you like, a moderator can make that thread for you and post the link here, or you're welcome to do the same. We like to keep the 'Join the Whole30' section unerringly compliant for those who come after you :)

OK, Sugar, I just went to the After whole30 Forums, checked all 3 under that heading and couldn't find any posts newer than Nov. of 2012 ???  Is there somewhere else that newly finished folks are posting ?  I'd like to just be able to check in from time to time to see other's experiences with Re-intro….

• Moderators

OK, Sugar, I just went to the After whole30 Forums, checked all 3 under that heading and couldn't find any posts newer than Nov. of 2012 ???  Is there somewhere else that newly finished folks are posting ?  I'd like to just be able to check in from time to time to see other's experiences with Re-intro….

Oh, weird!

Here's the link to the After Whole 30 section, which is near the bottom of the main forum page...

http://forum.whole30.com/forum/20-life-after-your-whole30/

You can either do a re-intro log of your own to document testing foods, or you can start a group thread in the Re-intro part. There's also the off track/staying on track section which has loads of great threads about riding your own bike.

Let me know if you need additional help, Im happy to help guide all you guys :)

Hello all, 

Had a good day yesterday, and I slept like a baby last night. 

M1- 4 scrambled eggs and roasted broccoli and cauliflower, banana

M2- spaghetti squash and tomato sauce (Whole 30 recipe) with hamburger

M3- BBQ steak, baked potato with clarified butter, roasted asparagus, mango

Finished yesterday because of January 2 start. I'm proud of myself for doing this, my second W30. (First was January 2013.) I didn't know if I had the resolve, but turns out I had it! Lost 3 pounds, but I felt my metabolism reset on Day 25, and I believe I can keep up the downward trend. Doing reintroductions starting today, and going forward I want to learn to eat so as to stay fat-adapted. Best to everyone on the Post W30 side!

I'm going to institute a "no drinking during the week" rule, limit the amount we have on weekends and generally drink for better reasons rather than "I had a bad day, give me all of the wine." 

Ditto on the no wine during the week rule.

I reintroduced wine last night and though it was carefully planned, I experienced disrupted sleep, hot and cold, dehydration despite drinking a lot of water, depression, sadness, perseveration, moodiness, and lack of energy in the morning. I did not experience this during my first W30 wine reintro. Can't say it was worth the excellent 2 glasses of red I enjoyed for a short time.

I also gained a couple pounds whereas my first I lost the same amount I gained this time. So frustrating when I did not consumed any alcohol for 5 weeks but then again drinking never seemed to have an effect on my weight. 

Archived