Started Dec. 26 and on Day 4 - so far, so good!

KristinInSeattle

I started the day after Christmas after watching the Whole30 book sit on my shelf for the past few months. We had an open house on Christmas Even and one of our guests is a personal trainer and he pulled the book off the shelf and said "You have to do this." He set the book up so that it was standing on its own and where I could see it everything I walked in or out of the house. For me, I know how to eat healthy but drink too much alcohol and don't do a good job controlling portions or carbs. I love the fact that I am not counting calories or points, and that I am eating lots of healthy things that I really like. I just printed a calendar and marked each day off with the number of program days I am at so that I can easily track where I am at on the program and can anticipate what to expect next with regards to how my body is feeling. Right now I feel good but am tired and having a hard time sleeping. Looking forward to better sleep soon!

Hi Kristin & welcome to Whole30.

Good on you for taking your friend's advice to try this out - only good can come of it. With regards to your sleep problems you could take a look at >this article< (and part two >here<) and ensure you're covering all bases regarding limiting screen time before bed etc., then try holding back any starchy veg until meal three, and also add in a magnesium supplement if you are not already doing so. It's early days for youo yet, but you'll soon see improvement.

Keep up the good work!  :)

Archived