Can I freeze....?

Chudder

Hi! I'm new to Whole 30 and am starting my journey January 1, 2016. I am prepping food today and tomorrow and am wondering if I make the Romesco garlic shrimp with zucchini noodles recipe (page 244 of whole 30 book), can I freeze portions for lunches for throughout the week?

I just don't have a lot of time during the week to prep this meal and wanted a convenient meal for lunches.

Thanks!

I batch cook for the week every Sunday & what doesn't fit in my fridge gets frozen to eat at a later date. My week nights are just too busy to do otherwise but I tend to prep 'items' (eg. a whole chicken, some slow cooked shin, steamed salmon, a tray of roasted veg, braised kale etc) rather than recipes & then mix & match proteins & veg dishes (with a suitable fat source) to make a meal.

Freeze away (although personally I'm always cautious about freezing shrimp) - planning is key!!

Best of luck for your journey.......................

• Moderators

Hi! I'm new to Whole 30 and am starting my journey January 1, 2016. I am prepping food today and tomorrow and am wondering if I make the Romesco garlic shrimp with zucchini noodles recipe (page 244 of whole 30 book), can I freeze portions for lunches for throughout the week?

I just don't have a lot of time during the week to prep this meal and wanted a convenient meal for lunches.

Thanks!

You should have no problem freezing the shrimp and sauce but I would highly recommend you don't freeze zucchini... it is NOT pleasant when thawed...

• Administrators

Thanks!

I would be with jmcbn and say probably don't freeze the shrimp.  First, it could end up being watery as heck when you thaw it and second it could be a food safety issue.  I wouldn't risk it.  I'm thinking overall that would probably not be the most freezer friendly recipe.

Archived