Hard-Cooked Eggs

SconnieGirl

So.....I'm a newbie and working through figuring out the whole meal planning gig. Looks like hard-cooked eggs are a BIG part of it. Good thing I like 'em! And I'm surprised to learn how many eggs are actually okay to eat .... okay no....it really just blows my mind! But the sciencey stuff makes sense. 

I guess what I wanted to share how I hard-cook my eggs, because I do it a lot and it really works great....(but yet I'm totally okay with if if someone more experienced tells me "NO! That's AWFUL! You're ruining the egg doing it that way!!" I'd just be curious to know WHY....  Maybe you guys all know this, but I like to pass the idea along just in case.

Anyway, with my oven, I preheat the oven to 330 and put a dozen eggs in a muffin tin. I cook the eggs for 33 minutes, then cool them in ice water for 10 minutes. DONE. No smell. I just find this to be so super easy and wanted to share with anyone caring to read about it. Each oven time varies, but it WORKS. The only thing is that the eggs will have a few brown spots on them. But that's not a big deal, RIGHT!?! It's not that the egg is bad. It's just the condensation that cooks in the heat of the oven. Even the eggshells themselves are covered in brown spots when you cook them but that washes away when you cool them in the water.

Just wanted to share.  Cheers.  :)

Yep yep, that's a good way to cook a bunch at a time. I think I first saw Alton Brown do it?

I have an old school Sunbeam egg cooker that's from the 70s or something ... I like to joke that it's probably got asbestos in it, but darn if it doesn't cook the most perfect hard-boiled eggs I've ever had.

Archived