Starting Jan 3rd! I have GHEE!

Iluvcheezits

I am beyond nervous about this but I've said it out loud to my friends and family so I'm all in. I have 40 pounds to lose but it isnt about that. It's about breaking the hold that food has on me right now. I feel like I've been a slave to it for way too long, and if I'm going to start my weight loss journey I have to become the "boss of me"! Loving everything I've read in my books and on these sites. Wishing the BEST of luck to fellow Januarywhole30 peeps!! I have GHEE for pete's sake!!! I am ready!! :D

I'm starting the whole30 Jan 3rd as well! My trainer had me do a whole15 a few months back but I'm committed to doing the whole30! I have about 25 pounds to loose and I MuST figure out what is causing me to have 4-5 day long headaches! I think it's dairy! Good luck and let's kick some whole30 butt!

Hi! I'm also starting on Jan 3rd with a friend. Bit of a random start date, but this was the best time due to social commitments.

I've never tried a whole30 before, but have had short periods of time, a week here or there where I've done it. A very stressful job role now means that I've really neglected my health the past few months, and I'm desperate to get back on track.

I'm doing the whole30 in the UK, and it can be quite difficult to find some of the products, so Sunday meal prep is essential for me!!

Good luck everyone!

I am finally going to commit to start my whole 30 on the 3rd also. This has been at least a year in the making. The total amount I want to lose is 60lbs but this is not just what this is about that. I have a chronic illness and a small child that I want to live and be healthy for. So praying for strength for myself and wishing you all good luck!!!

Hi! I'm also starting on Jan 3rd with a friend. Bit of a random start date, but this was the best time due to social commitments.

I've never tried a whole30 before, but have had short periods of time, a week here or there where I've done it. A very stressful job role now means that I've really neglected my health the past few months, and I'm desperate to get back on track.

I'm doing the whole30 in the UK, and it can be quite difficult to find some of the products, so Sunday meal prep is essential for me!!

Good luck everyone!

I learned through Pinterest that you can get a TON of stuff on Amazon!

I don't know what happened to my key board, but I too am going to start on January 3rd.  We have a family dinner and it can be too hard to start with the last temtation of all the great food, (plus, I blew it today.)  I did one before but I didn't reintroduce the foods properly.  So that is my goal.  Plus, i need to get rid of my chronic inflammation. Good luck to everyone.

Hello from New South Wales. I am starting tomorrow 3rd January. Did the weekly shop today. Lots of Grass fed meat from Aldi and plenty of colourful vegetables. Minimal fruit for me as I am a sugar addict. 

This will be my first official Whole 30 but I have played around with it for a few months.

I have been Pepsi Max free for last two days in preparation for the start as I am concerned that I will miss it terribly as that has been my "go to" drug of choice when I am craving sugar.

I am looking forward to following everyones journey.

I don't have a lot of weight to lose. probably about 7-8kg but I have noticed more and more that sugar makes me so tired that I need to nap and bread makes me feel really down.

Luckily I recognise the signs now and know what I need to do.

Good luck everyone :-)

Hi!!  I was going to start tomorrow, the 4th, but went ahead and started today! I think I'm most nervous about not having dairy. I love cheese and yogurt, so I'm slightly apprehensive about excluding it from my diet for the next 30 days! But, I'm going to stay focused, and try and tell myself all the reasons I'm doing this! Which of course are for weight loss, but also to see if it will help alleviate headaches, adult onset acne issues, and possibly help stabilize anxiety issues. Good luck to everyone...Stay focused on the good food!!!!!

Hello from New South Wales. I am starting tomorrow 3rd January. Did the weekly shop today. Lots of Grass fed meat from Aldi and plenty of colourful vegetables. Minimal fruit for me as I am a sugar addict. 

This will be my first official Whole 30 but I have played around with it for a few months.

I have been Pepsi Max free for last two days in preparation for the start as I am concerned that I will miss it terribly as that has been my "go to" drug of choice when I am craving sugar.

G'day Starbuck, you'll find a few Aussies around here :)

I'm an ex-Diet Coke & Pepsi Max addict and you can do it! You can get some great tasty mineral waters to help you kick your habit.

http://shop.coles.com.au/online/national/schweppes-natural-infused-lime-mineral-water - This one comes in Lime, Peach, Mandarin and Raspberry (I love Mandarin best). There's one from Mount Franklin as well http://www.coca-colajourney.com.au/brands/mount-franklin-lightly-sparkling/mount-franklin-lightly-wild-berry comes in Berry, Lime, Lemon and I think the Raspberry & Lemon is discontinued (I can't get it anymore here).

Today I was craving ice cream and a glass of wine.  :)

Breakfast was a hard boiled egg, sausage, curry potatoes and some homemade ketchup. Lunch was beef stew. Dinner was a big chicken salad with carrots, celery, tomatoes, almonds, bell peppers, pickled beets, dried cherries and homemade creamy Italian dressing.

I began my first Whole 30 yesterday, too. High fives to everyone!

On day 2, what are your immediate thoughts/concerns?

I'm really liking the food and the current feeling of empowerment! I'm very excited to think that I am going to take back control. I am terrifed about the wall Im sure is on its way and I'm just so worried I won't be strong enough to say no to the temptations! BUT for now day 2 down right?!

I was hardcore craving sugar today. Preplanning my meals and cooking ahead is definitely helping. I am currently marinating turkey wings in olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and paprika for tomorrow. 

For breakfast I fried up some onions and potatoes in avocado oil and had those with sausages and eggs. Lunch was more potatoes with chicken and zucchini. Dinner was a big salmon salad. 

I made up 3 pounds of skirt steak last night. (Fajita meat) I've had it with sliced avocado (last night) and eggs this AM. I'll probably use it for a salad tomorrow too.

I'm concerned about porttion control...I'm not trying to go crazy, but I'm not being that careful either. They said not to count calories though - hope I'm not taking that the wrong way. For cravings I've been FORCING myself to walk, do dishes etc. when a craving pops up. I basically make myself physically stand up and go do something, I feel its helped a little. Have you guys seen Nom Nom Paleo's cracklin chicken? Holy moly its good.

• Administrators

I'm concerned about porttion control...I'm not trying to go crazy, but I'm not being that careful either. They said not to count calories though

Check out the meal template below if you haven't already.  Protein portions are 1-2 palms worth.  That's teh length, thickness and width of your own palm.  Fat portions are 1-2 thumbs of something like cooking oil, mayo, ghee etc.  Half or a whole avocado or 1-2 open handfuls of olives would be fat servings also.  Veggies are basically unlimited but the recommendation is 1-3 cups (1 is fine, 2 is good, 3+ is optimal).  Starchy veggies would be a fist sized serving at least once a day to start and then tweak up or down from there.

The best way to determine if you are eating too much or too little is to check in with yourself. If you are making it 4-5 hours between meals comfortably, you're all set.  If you're starved after 3 hours, eat more next time. If you're stuffed 7 hours later, scale back.  And of course, never eat less than the minimum recommendations on the template.

Does that help?

Archived