I started early - December 30 is Day 1

ElizabethGA

It occurred to me that I had no plans for NYE, (or before then), so I might as well start a couple of days early. Within an hour, I had two invitations for this week. So now one of my friends gets to enjoy a Whole30 dinner at my house. Lucky her!

I started off the day with three boiled eggs w guacamole and a banana and I'm still thinking about lunch. I ate breakfast late (because I slept really late), so I'm not hungry at all right now.

So far so good!

There's no time like the present! I'm sure your friend will appreciate the compliant dinner :)

Try to stick some veggies in with your breakfast. You're feeling good now (yay!), but without the veg to fill you up it might catch up to you in a couple days, or even tonight after dinner when folks tend to get the munchies. Don't worry about eating a ton each meal, it's better to have a bit of leftovers than to go hungry in my book. Best of luck to you!!

It occurred to me that I had no plans for NYE, (or before then), so I might as well start a couple of days early. Within an hour, I had two invitations for this week. So now one of my friends gets to enjoy a Whole30 dinner at my house. Lucky her!

I started off the day with three boiled eggs w guacamole and a banana and I'm still thinking about lunch. I ate breakfast late (because I slept really late), so I'm not hungry at all right now.

So far so good!

Welcome to Whole30 Elizabeth, & well done to you for jumping in at the deep end and for catering for a friend in the early days of your Whole30!!

It always takes a few days to settle into the program so going forward just bear in mind that fruit shouldn't push the veggies off of your plate - maybe switch that banana for some kale/spinach/tomatoes/mushrooms for example & then dig in to the banana if you've still got some room...

Keep up the good work!

I started today also so we'll be cruisin' together. I do not tend to cook so i knew in order to make this work I had to be REALLY well prepared. A friend and I spent  a day going through recipes and talking about what we did or did not understand and what our goals and fears were/are. That really helped but she lives 13 hours away. Before I started I cooked a whole chicken, pork chops, steak and squash, beets, sweet potato and onions. I filled the whole refrigerator with fresh vegetables!  My first day I had breakfast - eggs, avocado, carrots and orange slices. Lunch was a salad in a jar which included onions, peppers, beets, chicken, radishes, spinach and arugula and a couple of blueberries. Dinner, a pork chop, sweet potato and celery. Tonight standing in line at CVS, I remembered how easily I would have picked up a candy bar in the past. The hardest part was giving away or throwing away SO MUCH cheese!

Archived