Did I read correctly that potatoes are approved?

RichKud

Day 5 more than half over and chose to stuff my mouth with some steamed veggies instead of reaching into the bag of homemade caramel corn sitting here in the common office at work.

Did I read it correctly that all potatoes are back on the approved list? I don't "Jones" for them, but it will help knowing they are another option.

I'm not dreaming of doughnuts or pizza yet. I fear the day will come when I dream of a "Brat". That is the first thing I will be looking to test after I accomplish my full W30.  :wub:  Yes, I'm from WiscONsin.

You did read that correctly, Rich!  ALL potatoes of any colour, size or shape are approved!  No potato discrimination on Whole30 (as long as you don't fry them in oil into French fries or potato chips).  Roast, bake, boil, BBQ, steam, mash to your hearts content!

Good job on the veggies >caramel corn.

• Moderators

How is it possible that white potato starch doesn't turn to a sugar when eaten?

The Whole30 is not concerned with real whole foods turning to sugar in the body... that's a natural and necessary function of some of the foods we eat. Whole30 is concerned with consuming sugar as an ingredient. Potatoes are a complex food that do a lot more than just turn to sugar in the body :)

Archived