W30 Compliant Bacon Vancouver / Fraser Valley - BC Canada

soozer

• Moderators

I've never had any luck with this in Vancouver/Lower Mainland.... You can sometimes find very very expensive 'canadian bacon' at specialty meat stores (Jackson's Meats on 4th Ave has some) but in my opinion, it was not worth the price... seriously...

I even asked at a few farms (Ennis Meat Farms being my favourite) and his is a great option for after Whole30 as he doesn't use additives or sulfites but there is brown sugar so it's a no go...

• Administrators

It's thicker cut and isn't the bacon flavour or texture that most people think of when they eat bacon. It's more like.....cured pork. If that makes any sense.

But it works fine in most recipes that call for bacon and it's not absurdly priced.

• Moderators

It's thicker cut and isn't the bacon flavour or texture that most people think of when they eat bacon. It's more like.....cured pork. If that makes any sense.

But it works fine in most recipes that call for bacon and it's not absurdly priced.

Ya, that's the stuff... more like thin cured pork... I wasn't crazy about it enough to pay the price... especially since I don't actually LIKE bacon... LOL!

Archived