TTT and Renewed Crew January Journey

NancyW

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am cranky today and indulging in a minor rant.  I joined a couple different W30 groups on FB and am astonished/appalled at what passes for their W30 programs.  Some of the shopping lists, recipes, and meals plans they use are nowhere near being compliant or even in the spirit of the program.  One post after another about what they should have for snacks, advocating buying non-compliant almond milks, and posts of miniscule meals.

Yesterday on one of the groups, one woman actually posted "maybe I should read the book, I've been mostly eating salads and fruit but I keep seeing posts about compliant-this and compliant-that.  What is that all about?"  Maybe?? How can you claim to be on the program and tell people anything about it if you don't even know what the program is?

I know, it's not the official site and all I have to do is drop off of them, but it annoys me that so much false information is passed by ignorance.  I am much happier sticking with the forum, where people serious about making life better are.

lol, I don't know how many times I have been about to step into the perfect temperature shower when it dawns on me that I should have already brushed.  If I'm in a rush, I try to remember to do it at night, lately I have made a concerted effort to talk myself into taking the few steps/minutes back to grab my brush.

Okay, I did that already this morning! I have to make more of an effort. Should we have a contest?  Who can do the most or forget the most?

I am cranky today and indulging in a minor rant.  I joined a couple different W30 groups on FB and am astonished/appalled at what passes for their W30 programs.  Some of the shopping lists, recipes, and meals plans they use are nowhere near being compliant or even in the spirit of the program.  One post after another about what they should have for snacks, advocating buying non-compliant almond milks, and posts of miniscule meals.

Yesterday on one of the groups, one woman actually posted "maybe I should read the book, I've been mostly eating salads and fruit but I keep seeing posts about compliant-this and compliant-that.  What is that all about?"  Maybe?? How can you claim to be on the program and tell people anything about it if you don't even know what the program is?

I know, it's not the official site and all I have to do is drop off of them, but it annoys me that so much false information is passed by ignorance.  I am much happier sticking with the forum, where people serious about making life better are.

Agree totally. I have not bothered with so many things after I read two or three words; life is too short. W30 is working at health and that's good enough, more than good enough for me. Someone recommended a book to me the other day, I had a look and it was promoting 'real food' and claiming to do so many things, and they are charging the earth for the book--mind you they don't think sugar is a detriment. Moving right along.

I am finding my curiosity about new diets and ideas is less, I don't have to collect all the books try all the diets etc. I feel well, am sleeping, feel much much happier than I have for years. Am done with all that  other stuff. Thank goodness and W30.

• Moderators

This is PRECISELY why when people come to the forums asking for Facebook group recommendations we suggest they stay here instead (or at least here in addition to there).  It's the wild west out there and it makes me thankful that I don't have Facebook... I think it would infuriate me to see people jacking the program.

And about W30 on Facebook, I take all of it with a grain of salt. If I get some good ideas out of it, great. I can filter out the crap. One woman wrote a lengthy post about the date-based coffee creamer, and when I mentioned that it wasn't compliant, I got quite a response! It bothers me that they aren't always on target, but we can only fix so much!

will head to the new thread but wanted to thank everyone for the encouraging words. we're trying to change some longstanding habits and I know that takes time...was def. disappointed in no weight loss but planning on sticking with the program and rereading the book to see if I missed something. 

NSV:

better sleep

not crashing energy wise in the afternoon

less 'reactive' 

eating awesome food

Archived