the flu shot?

Snicci

There is much controversy over the flu shot. I personally never got one until last year because my OBGYN insisted that I get it since we are trying to get pregnant. We haven't gotten pregnant yet, and are still trying. I feel like I should follow her advice, but at the same time, I think there's plenty of reason NOT to. Just wondering what the thoughts of the Whole9 crowd on this subject? I've just read this article, and am still leaning toward NOT getting it this year:

http://experiencelife.com/article/the-debate-about-flu-shots/

This piece of advice at the bottom regarding natural prevention tells me that as long as continue to eat in a Whole30 fashion, I shouldn't need the shot:

Stick to a nutrient-dense, toxin-free diet, and avoid foods that tend to weaken the immune system, such as sugar, refined grains, industrial vegetable oils, and processed and refined foods

It's a very personal and individual decision. Personally, I have never and WILL never get a flu shot.

Here's a post by Chris Kresser about it: http://chriskresser....cold-flu-season The vaccine discussion is actually in the comments section. It gets a little firey.

There's another really good article out there by either Mike O'Donnell or Scott Kustes, but I can't find it right now.

EDIT: Whoops, Tom totally called me out here. We definitely should keep the politics of vaccine vs. no vaccine discussion off the forums, but to answer the original question of "Can I have ____ on the Whole30?" yes, it's allowed within the constraints of the W30, if you decide to get vaccinated.

• 5 years later...

Are flu shots allowed "during" the whole30? My father has a compromised immune system and refuses to get the flu shot this year so my family is insisting I get vaccinated to protect him... Which I will... But I just started whole30... Will the flu shot skew my results because of all the toxic ingredients?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, elle_oh_elle said:

Are flu shots allowed "during" the whole30? My father has a compromised immune system and refuses to get the flu shot this year so my family is insisting I get vaccinated to protect him... Which I will... But I just started whole30... Will the flu shot skew my results because of all the toxic ingredients?

The Whole30 is concerned with the food you eat and drink.  Please get the flu shot :)

Archived