Soybean and Seed oils, Topically

Suzy

Do you use seed oils on your body?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use seed oils on your body?

• Yes; I think it's fine.
    • Absolutely not.
    • I use some, but not others.

What is your opinion on the topical use of soybean and/or seed oils? Are they fine to use as moisturizers or should we be seeking whole30 oils? I'm sure it doesn't matter too much, but I'm mildly concerned about how much of these ingredients our skin absorbs.

I've also been using virgin coconut oil as a moisturizer for all over the body and my face. I have awesome skin now! I just bought this shampoo without reading the ingredients, though, and found that it has some soybean and maybe some other seed oil. Going to use the rest of it and then find a cleaner product.

I have voted "absolutely not" as there's not a choice for "I just don't use much product on my skin at all", lol! I'm not for or against, but I do have some coconut oil if need be.

Really, shouldn't our skin be producing it's own oils and not need a moisturiser?

Sure, in a perfect world. If we lived in a forest with no jobs, stress etc. I think our skin would be perfect. Oh well..nice dream. :) Environments, age, weather, house keeping and stress all affect our skin.

Coconut oil def doesn't work like chapstick tho... It tends to make my lips chapped!

Hmmm...I put it on my lips every morning after my first meal and after I brush my teeth. I don't know how it could make your lips chapped. I love it. Seems very moisturizing to me.

slw - totally moisturizing for me, too. I just went through a peeling phase first. Skin is funny.

Skin is funny. My 27 YO daughter just told me when she first started using it, her lips and forehead peeled. I'm very Greek and olive skinned..maybe that's why I didn't chap or peel? I thought you folks were a bit off. :)

Archived