Social Media and Accountability

I'm on day one. My husband and I decided to to the January Whole30 for all the extra ramped up stuff going on with social media to help me stay on track. I have serious emotional eating issues and am nervous that I'm going to hit a roadblock if something stressful happens so I am trying to find ways to hold myself accountable every day. I've posted on facebook what we're doing so my friends and family can be supportive, but I was wondering how much a video diary, blog, or insta diary might help for the next 30 days. I'm listing public examples because I've never had luck with private diaries and I feel like if other people are reading it (har har) then I'm more likely to post and more likely to want to stay on track to post. It also gives me an avenue to vent my stresses (while being internet appropriate of course) without using food as a crutch. Anyone think this is a good idea? Bad idea? Has a better idea? Open to suggestions.

• Administrators

Lots of people use social media for accountability. That's completely up to you if you think that's something that would help you. You are also free to join a group that started on January 1st and post there for accountability. Lots of people find that group dynamic helpful and make forum-friendships that go beyond the forum. :)

I really enjoyed chronicling my Whole30 using instagram.  I tried to post a picture and description of almost every meal. I really enjoyed the feedback, and trying to plate the meal in a "presentable" way also forced me to slow down and enjoy the process.  It can be a treat to take the time to properly plate a meal and then enjoy eating your beautiful handiwork, vs. shoveling it in out of a Tupperware (I've done that, too!).

Cheers,

-Lauren (GGG)

Archived