Post Your Jan Day 1 Meal 1

life love laughter

Hi All! Happy New Year, and Happy Day 1 of the January W30! 

What did everyone have for Meal 1 today? Or Meal 2 if you didn't sleep in/or are in a different timezone...

I took it easy: Perfect Scrambled Eggs (in Olive Oil), Perfect Steamed Spinach (w/seasoning salt blend) & Blueberries.

post-83154-0-35208600-1451684685_thumb.j*

*I'll be posting my meal pics (not repeats, though) on a Whole30 meal-dedicated Instagram. Link below in my signature.  :)

This morning I had two eggs fried lightly in coconut oil, with chopped red bell peppers and strips of roast lamb leftover from a couple nights ago (I've been prepping for my Jan 1 start date all of last month!), seasoned with salt, pepper, onion powder, and dried chopped onions. I also had a mug of black masala chai tea, two mini clementines, 1 pear, and 1 tomato chopped with fresh basil sprinkled over it.

I had some leftover roasted sweet potatoes, one egg over medium cooked in ghee, a perfect sausage patty (recipe from W30 book and batch cooked a few days ago), a scoop of guacamole, and coffee blended in the vitamix with a little bit of coconut cream. 

A big bed of baby spinach, drizzled with roasted garlic olive oil and topped with two eggs over easy (the yolks coat the spinach and wilt it, ever so slightly); one Asian meatball (nom nom paleo); roasted sweet potatoes (which I always keep in the fridge), and a few wedges of apple with a bit of almond butter. And coffee, black.

This morning I had two eggs fried lightly in coconut oil, with chopped red bell peppers and strips of roast lamb leftover from a couple nights ago (I've been prepping for my Jan 1 start date all of last month!), seasoned with salt, pepper, onion powder, and dried chopped onions. I also had a mug of black masala chai tea, two mini clementines, 1 pear, and 1 tomato chopped with fresh basil sprinkled over it.

@MiniEla, that sounds amazing! I wish I had been prepping a month prior, you are awesome! Do you have a log that you are posting your recipes/meals too? You sound like great inspiration!

I had 3 eggs over medium (I have some texture issues and the whites have to be totally cooked or...yeah, no) cooked in some ghee, and very lightly sauteed kale with mushrooms. And black coffee. 

HAHA! @laura_juggles, I'm with ya! No runny eggs, so gross! Kale & Mushrooms sound good!

I had some leftover roasted sweet potatoes, one egg over medium cooked in ghee, a perfect sausage patty (recipe from W30 book and batch cooked a few days ago), a scoop of guacamole, and coffee blended in the vitamix with a little bit of coconut cream. 

@lauraW30, I'm going to have to make this meal. That one caught my eye in the book too, like the idea of adding some guac, nice!

A big bed of baby spinach, drizzled with roasted garlic olive oil and topped with two eggs over easy (the yolks coat the spinach and wilt it, ever so slightly); one Asian meatball (nom nom paleo); roasted sweet potatoes (which I always keep in the fridge), and a few wedges of apple with a bit of almond butter. And coffee, black.

Ooh, @MTNan, I love these ideas! Roasted garlic olive oil... apple w/almond butter. I'm taking notes here, thanks!  ;)

I scrambled 4 eggs to share with my kid (I get three, he gets one), nuked half a bag of frozen broccoli and drizzled it with some evoo, and avocado. But I probably only ended up with two eggs because my kid plowed through his serving and took more of mine, and I had my one year old in my lap and she was chowing down on my eggs and broccoli too. I think they're probably doing a Whole30 with me if this keeps up!  :wub:

For Meal 1: I sautéed mushrooms, potato and spinach in Ghee and then added a sprinkle of Mexican oregano, garlic powder & onion powder and a bunch of eggs. I split them with my fiancee. We each had a small bowl with half a banana and half a grapefruit on the side. 

Kept it simple- 4 eggs fried in ghee and baked sweet potato topped with ghee.

@Mistyfire, I'm with ya today! Simple gets the job done.

I scrambled 4 eggs to share with my kid (I get three, he gets one), nuked half a bag of frozen broccoli and drizzled it with some evoo, and avocado. But I probably only ended up with two eggs because my kid plowed through his serving and took more of mine, and I had my one year old in my lap and she was chowing down on my eggs and broccoli too. I think they're probably doing a Whole30 with me if this keeps up!  :wub:

@missmunchie Whoa! I struggled with just deciding what to make. Let alone trying to incorporate a kiddo into it. Hats off to you!

For Meal 1: I sautéed mushrooms, potato and spinach in Ghee and then added a sprinkle of Mexican oregano, garlic powder & onion powder and a bunch of eggs. I split them with my fiancee. We each had a small bowl with half a banana and half a grapefruit on the side. 

@ninetoze This sounds delish! And you covered all tastes - savory, sweet and tart!

Archived