Recovering Bulimic + Jan Whole 30

aecuncw

Im starting my 3rd whole 30! 

Though I am a Whole 30 alumni, I still struggle daily with purging. The only time I have gone a full month without purging was during a whole 30. My new years resolution is to kick binging and purging for good! 

Does anyone else struggle with this problem? Would be great to have someone to talk to when I feel like I am about to binge. 

• Administrators

Hi, sorry no one got back to you on this!

I'm sorry to hear that you are still struggling with your eating disorder. Unfortunately I have to remind you that no one here is qualified to give you anything beyond encouragement and support.  That said, you might consider checking out these articles so that you are aware of the Whole30 stance on eating disorders.

http://whole30.com/2014/06/dear-melissa-eating-disorders/

http://whole30.com/2012/02/whole30-gone-bad/

It might also be worth spending some time thinking about why, during your Whole30, were you able to put your eating disorder on hold?  My first guess would be to do with the fact that you were eating just healthy, whole foods, nothing processed and no chemicals and no sugar.  These unhealthy foods cause unhealthy reactions in people both physically and mentally.  Worth sitting with for awhile and see what you can come up with.

Im starting my 3rd whole 30!

Though I am a Whole 30 alumni, I still struggle daily with purging. The only time I have gone a full month without purging was during a whole 30. My new years resolution is to kick binging and purging for good!

Does anyone else struggle with this problem? Would be great to have someone to talk to when I feel like I am about to binge.

I do. I started my journey with bulimia at age 15. I am 50. :mellow:

I am going to be 1 year without purging on 4/14/16. I still binge, but not so crazy as before.

I've done the Whole30 a few times, but honestly have never been able to go longer than 15 days without eating something (a lot of it) noncompliant. I did go 56 of 60 days Whole30, if that counts for anything. Since my 30s I have been *pretty good* (purging maybe once every few weeks with longer stints of 2-4 months), but the struggle is still there. Right now? I can honestly say I am confident the purging is over. The binging is not.

So, I am hoping you are not 50 with a 35 year history of bulimia, but if you feel you can relate to me, I am happy to listen and maybe even help.

I wish you success! From experience, if you can string together days, and then weeks, and then months and then years of purge-free... the urge goes away. The thought even goes away! :wub:

~Pam

cleardot.gif

I've been there too! About a year and a half "clean", although the thoughts are still there sometimes so I feel your pain. Eating this way has helped me a lot too. I tend to get "bingey" on sugary foods, so I think this works because it forces me to steer clear altogether. Maybe you too? I'm now making it a point to focus on improving my body image as I kill my sugar dragon. A big game changer for me has been listening to "The Paleo Women Podcast" with Noelle Tarr and Stefani Ruper. They each have their own blogs as well. www.coconutsandkettlebells.com and www.paleoforwomen.com. Check it out! And hit me up if you want someone to commiserate with!

Hello ladies,

I am so happy to have found this thread! I too am doing a January Whole30 and have struggled with anorexia and bulimia for 15+ years. I did my first 30 last September and was B/P free for almost 3 months - but then slid into anorexic territory which of course led me right back to bulimia. December was a bad month.

Today is my day 7 and so far I'm feeling pretty good and confident. We can do this!

Hello ladies,

I am so happy to have found this thread! I too am doing a January Whole30 and have struggled with anorexia and bulimia for 15+ years. I did my first 30 last September and was B/P free for almost 3 months - but then slid into anorexic territory which of course led me right back to bulimia. December was a bad month.

Today is my day 7 and so far I'm feeling pretty good and confident. We can do this!

You CAN do this!   Sometimes you are successful for weeks, sometimes for months, and hopefully then for years.  <3  It really is one day at a time.  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived